JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread
Aug 27, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #766 of 2,420
This was a unit owned by the owner of the shop I went to... No way to determine its age, but the leather case was quite well tarnished...

Aug 28, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #768 of 2,420
I'm somewhat curious about the concept of burn-in for DAPs. I can (sort of) understand the concept of burn-in for moving parts like drivers in headphones, but what's the principle behind how burn-in works for things like DAPs that don't have moving parts?

Aug 28, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #769 of 2,420
  question for @piercer - what did you have for lunch today? A pair of Woo Audio WA234 mono blocks? or for that matter what's for dinner?
L3000.gif

Sorry- for lunch yesterday I just had a Sainsbury's sandwich and some popcorn, but I did think very hard about these whilst eating

http://michaelaldridge.com/tannoy-prestige-gr-design-story/

Aug 28, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #771 of 2,420
  I'm somewhat curious about the concept of burn-in for DAPs. I can (sort of) understand the concept of burn-in for moving parts like drivers in headphones, but what's the principle behind how burn-in works for things like DAPs that don't have moving parts?

I slowly came around the accepting burn-in as one more thing on the audiophile landscape.  It may be that better components require longer burn-in.  I heard obvious improvements in SQ on a new dCS Vivaldi DAC at 400, 600 and 800 hours.  Shunyata recommends 200 hours of burn-in on their power distributors.  Someone at Cable Company said silver cables require longer burn-in to remove sibilance. 

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #772 of 2,420
I suppose a way to look at burn in, but in a super quick way, is to look at how Class A amps work, how they sound better when running hot...

Aug 29, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #773 of 2,420
I suppose a way to look at burn in, but in a super quick way, is to look at how Class A amps work, how they sound better when running hot...

It's more like a Ferrari....oops wrong thread
deadhorse.gif

Aug 29, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #774 of 2,420
Haha, if we were talking about rubber, I would agree...

Layla and Vorzuge Pure II+ is a damned fine combination, I was thinking I could move away from amps, but I guess not...

I would explete when trying to explain the combation but that might well get me in trouble :wink:

Sep 1, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #780 of 2,420
I've having some problems with the right ear piece (Red dot) since I bought it almost 5 months ago. Most of the times, it doesn't produce sound until I touch\move it a bit before it can work. For the past 2 weeks, it's getting worst. I had to unscrew and screw it back to get it working. After a while it won't work again.

Has anyone experiencing the same problem? Please let me know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back