JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread
Jul 19, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #2,416 of 2,420
I would be interested to hear what people think of the Layla V1 in today IEM landscape. WHen it came out it was crazy expensive compared to anything else on the market whereas today there are many alternative at similar price point or above.
Just considering the sound they are still for me one of the most enjoyable but if you liked the layla when they first came out and have any recommendation of more modern TOTL, please share.
Thanks

Sep 3, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #2,417 of 2,420
I have using JVC Spiral Dot ML with Layla for a few years, recently it keep pushing out of the ear canal, I changed to M size and it stopped pushing out, but M size seems not so fit. Any suggestion on other brand of eartips?

Attachments

• IMG_4093.jpeg
    IMG_4093.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 0
Sep 20, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #2,418 of 2,420
If you find yourself traveling with your Layla and you don't have the usual wax removal tool available... What do you use to clean out the wax in the bores? I've yet to find anything thin and sturdy enough.

Any ideas?

Sep 21, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #2,419 of 2,420
Buy a pack from a local hearing aid store on your travels if no local IEM shop. A lot of IEM manufacturers bundle cleaning tools with a built-in magnet anyway, intended to pick up hearing aid batteries. There are non-magnet versions available from hearing aid retailers too

Sep 21, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #2,420 of 2,420
If you find yourself traveling with your Layla and you don't have the usual wax removal tool available... What do you use to clean out the wax in the bores? I've yet to find anything thin and sturdy enough.

Any ideas?
JH sells some cleaning kits etc. but I've never had wax show up in mine so I've never had to clean out the bores. (I don't personally get any wax buildup in my ears. And since my Laylas are custom fit, I don't have to worry about anyone else wearing them.)

https://jhaudio.com/accessories?category=other
https://jhaudio.com/accessories?category=maintenance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back