JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Nov 2, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #3,152 of 3,787
Hi,

There is a channel balance issue with my JH-16 and I want to send it back to JHAudio for repairs.

I live in the UK, I wonder how I can send the parcel and have it go through the US customs without tax, since it has been built in the US
confused.gif

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #3,153 of 3,787
You would think all these countries' customs departments would understand the difference between warranty repair and new purchase.

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #3,154 of 3,787
Can anyone recommend a universal fit iem that sounds closest to a JH16? I currently own a W4 and ES5, and I'm a bit let down by the comfort of custom iems and the ES5 sound if I'm being honest. W4 is comfortable and sounds great, jus that it lacks a little airiness and I'd prefer a bit more bass.

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #3,155 of 3,787
Quote:
Can anyone recommend a universal fit iem that sounds closest to a JH16? I currently own a W4 and ES5, and I'm a bit let down by the comfort of custom iems and the ES5 sound if I'm being honest. W4 is comfortable and sounds great, jus that it lacks a little airiness and I'd prefer a bit more bass.

Not really the same sound signature than JH16 but if you like your W4 you should love the ToGo 334.

Nov 5, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #3,156 of 3,787
heh heh...Take your W4's and add $1K to them....The 334's are supposed to be the best UIEM there is...

Nov 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #3,157 of 3,787
Quote:
Hi,

There is a channel balance issue with my JH-16 and I want to send it back to JHAudio for repairs.

I live in the UK, I wonder how I can send the parcel and have it go through the US customs without tax, since it has been built in the US
confused.gif

I have had to send mine back a few times for fit issues.
You dont have to pay tax to send it back to JH - just mark it as Warranty Repair on the customs declaration form.

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #3,158 of 3,787
Quote:
Not really the same sound signature than JH16 but if you like your W4 you should love the ToGo 334.

Quote:
heh heh...Take your W4's and add $1K to them....The 334's are supposed to be the best UIEM there is...

I'm not sure I wanna spend THAT much. Besides, from what I'm reading about the TG334 and I might be wrong here, but it seems to be described very much like an ES5, thick forward mids with dark treble. I get that many love this sound, but I prefer a brighter, "clearer" sound signature.

I'm interested in Vsonic GR07, perhaps the bass edition? I managed to demo the basic mk2 sans bass ed, and was surprised how much clearer it sounded compared to my reference W4. Like someone cleaned the windows and the rooms brighter so to speak. Possibly less mid bass than W4 tho. Will need to have longer demo session.

Also intrigued by the JVC HA-FX700. But there's no where I can demo it locally. :frowning2:

When i tried the JH16 demos, I liked the sound signature except for some sibilance on some songs, but it's something I'm willing to live with. I'm wary of the comfort of customs already cos even with ES5s I nvr quite got used to the feeling of hard shells in my ear.... not the mention the refits i went thru

Nov 5, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #3,159 of 3,787
Best place I have found to demo several decent UIEM's is at the airport....really!  New HP specialty stores now have a wide variety of UIEM's to try. I demoed the Shure 535's, the 4R's, IE80 and a few others with my IPC/HP-P1 combo while wiring for my flight. Best access to several short of a meet.

Nov 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #3,160 of 3,787
Do be warned that not everyone will like the JH16..demo it first.
I regretted seeing reviews and now i hate the JH16 as i spent so much and its bad when i change the cables to a premium one.

Nov 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #3,161 of 3,787
Agree that one should try first if possible.

Don't change cable if you don't like the premium, no one forces you to do it.

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #3,162 of 3,787
I own the JH-16/J3a. I do listen to the JH-16 without the JH-3a.

coming from a musical background. There is a slight bump in the lower frequencies but it is slight. Only matters in rock, pop. Under classical it is not used much. Except for some pipe organ music and piano.

When I listen to Izthak Pearlman, Yo-yo Ma, Pepe Romero, Paco De Lucia, Paco Peña, Manuel Baruecco, Andre Segovia, John Williams, the master editor in Christopher Parkening (and catch all his editing prowess), Kazuhito Yamash i ta (one word but the censor nonesense stricks the players last name), basically every string player that is great,  under the JH-16. The insturments are unmistakable. Each has a certain sound signature that when there is any tuning done on the IEM/speakers etc, always change the instruments sound signature. I have heard many (save for Andre Segovia) live and that sound always sticks with me. To include when they do there tuning (440 hz for Classical guitar). The JH-16 nails it.

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #3,164 of 3,787
Quote:
Thanks for your impressions!
Why do you listen without the JH-3a?

Cheers!

Simple, I don't feel like lugging the JH3a everywhere.. Just the phone. So I use it with the adapter. :)

with that said,

the JH16 sound the SAME when they are unplugged and when they are connected to the JH3a with the Bass effect switch is turned on and the knob is all the way counter clockwise (0 gain). it is about a 3 dB increase in the lower frequency.

If Bass effect is turned off, the JH-16 sound like they are fairly flat on frequency response from 20-20khz.

Nov 8, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #3,165 of 3,787
Quote:
Simple, I don't feel like lugging the JH3a everywhere.. Just the phone. So I use it with the adapter. :)

I can understand that, do you only use them for portable use?

What phone do you use?
I have the HTC One S and I'm very unhappy with that combination.
I get a constant hum, and when I touch the screen or buttons I get distortion in form of pops and clicks. Another problem is volume control, too few steps, it's either to loud or to low.

The HTC One S is supposed to be a music phone, pathetic in my opinion,

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back