JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Nov 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #3,166 of 3,787
Quote:
I can understand that, do you only use them for portable use?

What phone do you use?
I have the HTC One S and I'm very unhappy with that combination.
I get a constant hum, and when I touch the screen or buttons I get distortion in form of pops and clicks. Another problem is volume control, too few steps, it's either to loud or to low.

The HTC One S is supposed to be a music phone, pathetic in my opinion,

Cheers!

No. I bring the JH3a to work and listen to them "amped" at work. Anywhere else is in an unamped state. More so for blocking external noises (light rail, bus). THe phone of choice is my Nexus S. Older phone, but I use google play to stream so not a big deal for accuracy.

Nov 22, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #3,168 of 3,787
Happy Thanksgiving and happy 16 listening!
L3000.gif

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #3,169 of 3,787
Dec 5, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #3,170 of 3,787
Quote:
Do be warned that not everyone will like the JH16..demo it first.
I regretted seeing reviews and now i hate the JH16 as i spent so much and its bad when i change the cables to a premium one.

Quote:
Agree that one should try first if possible.
Don't change cable if you don't like the premium, no one forces you to do it.

May I know where can I demo it in the US or Hawaii?

Edit: I have been thinking for a long time to replace my current earphone. I think it is time.

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #3,172 of 3,787
Toxic Cables Scorpion, it is excellent, great bass, great bass impact, sweetens up the mids, and highs sound great too.  More 3D soundstage.

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #3,174 of 3,787
Love my Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable and it's about half the price of their major competitor's.

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #3,175 of 3,787
Quote:
Thanks kimchee.  right now, i'm using Whiplash cable but it's v3 so it's little dry. so i should move on to another one..

I've used the following with my JH16:
- Toxic Cables Scorpion
- Toxic Cables Silver Poison
- Piccolino
- Toxic Cables Hybrid
- Whiplash Hybrid (V2)
- Whiplash TWag V2
- Whiplash TWag V3

I kept coming back to the Silver Poison. You might want to look into that one. 

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #3,176 of 3,787
I bought these awesome JH16s recently:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/627772/last-drop-jh16-pro-custom-iem-mic-cable-for-smart-phones

But money is tight since my wife lost her job.  Selling for $650 with the otterbox case, original cable & JH Audio Mic Cable for Smart Phones.  Please pm if interested.

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #3,177 of 3,787
Quote:

- Toxic Cables Scorpion
- Piccolino
- Toxic Cables Hybrid
- Whiplash Hybrid (V2)
- Whiplash TWag V2
- Whiplash TWag V3

ok...i'll look into that toxic cable.

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #3,178 of 3,787
Quote:

- Toxic Cables Scorpion
- Piccolino
- Toxic Cables Hybrid
- Whiplash Hybrid (V2)
- Whiplash TWag V2
- Whiplash TWag V3

staal, where can I find that toxic cables.  How much did you sell your whiplash v2?  I need to sell mine in order make some fund for TC.

Thanks
gs1000.gif

Dec 16, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #3,179 of 3,787
Received my jh16 made based on my impression on jh audio's records but the fit is very off. Really hope to resolve the fit issue once and for all cos shipping is costly and the process is time consuming. Since it is quit hard to explain where exactly is wrong, do you guys think I should made a new impression or send my existing jh custom with good fit to them to help to identify the problem?

Really regret not sending a new impression and just rely on the impression on records. Did anyone manage to get them to remake the mould instead of making adjustments to the existing pair? Wonder if they can remake and if so, can do it based on another pair of custom instead of a new impression :frowning2:

Dec 16, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #3,180 of 3,787
Mine went back a couple of times for adjustment and they're still not 100%. However, as the cost of sending them back mounts up, I am just going to live with the slight misfit.
Mine were not remoulded, just adjusted.

I would take a number of photos of the JH16 in your ears and then make notes of what and where the problems are on the photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back