JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Jun 4, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #1,351 of 3,787
^^^^Wallet.........sorry
confused_face.gif
  So sorry wallet.

Jun 4, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #1,353 of 3,787
My impressions were received April 23, got my JH16's June 2.  I haven't had a ton of time to listen to them yet, but right now I think the fit is correct (definitely getting a seal), however, I have a couple issues. First - they have a typo in my initials on them! I haven't decided if I want to bother with having that fixed, but it would be nice if JHAudio got that right the first time... Secondly, the midrange sounds great and much better defined than my previous IEM's, but I'm pretty underwhelmed with the bass.  This is coming from an unamped iPhone 3GS and iAudio 7 playing lossless files.  The bass just doesn't sound like it's that powerful, not sure if there's something wrong or if this is just how they sound.  I'm on the preorder for a pico slim, but what else could it be?

Also, what are a few suggestions for a bass-heavy song you guys use to test performance?

Jun 4, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #1,354 of 3,787

Quote:
My impressions were received April 23, got my JH16's June 2.  I haven't had a ton of time to listen to them yet, but right now I think the fit is correct (definitely getting a seal), however, I have a couple issues. First - they have a typo in my initials on them! I haven't decided if I want to bother with having that fixed, but it would be nice if JHAudio got that right the first time... Secondly, the midrange sounds great and much better defined than my previous IEM's, but I'm pretty underwhelmed with the bass.  This is coming from an unamped iPhone 3GS and iAudio 7 playing lossless files.  The bass just doesn't sound like it's that powerful, not sure if there's something wrong or if this is just how they sound.  I'm on the preorder for a pico slim, but what else could it be?

Also, what are a few suggestions for a bass-heavy song you guys use to test performance?

What were your previous IEM's?

Jun 4, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #1,355 of 3,787

Quote:

I'm pretty sure its a fit problem, mine sound just ok coming from hf2, and like you, the bass isn't that good. But somehow I yawned and it got on the sweet spot(only the left one), at this moment I could feel my entire body vibrate and the  micro-detail was there, impressive to say the least.
And this was only from a clip+ so an amp could improve it but not to the real thing.

As for the song try Infected mushroom they have some crazy bass heavy tracks but when I experienced that vibration bass it was with Alive Album from DaftPunk.

Jun 4, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #1,356 of 3,787

Quote:
I'm pretty sure its a fit problem, mine sound just ok coming from hf2, and like you, the bass isn't that good. But somehow I yawned and it got on the sweet spot(only the left one), at this moment I could feel my entire body vibrate and the  micro-detail was there, impressive to say the least.
And this was only from a clip+ so an amp could improve it but not to the real thing.

As for the song try Infected mushroom they have some crazy bass heavy tracks but when I experienced that vibration bass it was with Alive Album from DaftPunk.

You should give Noise Maker from Infected Mushroom a try. My JH13 Pro's make my eyes vibrate from the bass.

Jun 5, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #1,363 of 3,787
@ Super_fried: its opposite for me, audio pays for itself and computers/photography spends it

Jun 5, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #1,365 of 3,787
I know you told me this before, but what date did they receive your impressions?
I'm order# 1586 w/ impressions received May 6th (1 month ago). Send an email to customerservice@jhaudio.com and Jamie emailed me back and said mine would ship next week, but didnt say if they where "in the lab" yet. Once in the lab it takes 3-5 days right? I am going on my cruise for one week starting tomorrow (June 6th), so I am hoping my 16s are sitting on my door step when I return from my trip
ksc75smile.gif
!! Although I am still wayyy bummed out that I cant listen to these while relaxing, enjoying the view, and chasing the girls around the ship.
Quote:
order 1576 is on its way to me :) just thought i would let u guys know. eta wednesday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back