JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Jun 3, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #1,321 of 3,787
they digitally told me that they would send my units today ... i got no msg. so its a guessing game. i hope we got sent our orders today ... ill be miffed if i dont get them this weekend. i feel like a horse with a carrot on a stick ... big Z said his shipped earlier today i wonder if he got an email saying as much.

Jun 3, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #1,323 of 3,787

Quote:
they digitally told me that they would send my units today ... i got no msg. so its a guessing game. i hope we got sent our orders today ... ill be miffed if i dont get them this weekend. i feel like a horse with a carrot on a stick ... big Z said his shipped earlier today i wonder if he got an email saying as much.

What kind if shipping did you choose?

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #1,324 of 3,787
I think with the 18 Pro I get more inclined to get the 13 Pro, but there is a downside. Since I am a bragger, I usually want the Artwork to state the Model No., like on my UE 18 Pro my artwork is actually the UE logo with the words "18 Pro" below the logo.

But if I get JH-13 Pro and do the same, people may think that I am going cheap by not getting the top model. I usually only want the top model products (only those I could afford of course), like I got 2 GTX 480s for SLi when it came out the first week. What should I do? One way, of course, is to get them to print "JH 16 Pro" on JH 13 Pro but that's obviously self-deception.

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #1,325 of 3,787

Quote:
I think with the 18 Pro I get more inclined to get the 13 Pro, but there is a downside. Since I am a bragger, I usually want the Artwork to state the Model No., like on my UE 18 Pro my artwork is actually the UE logo with the words "18 Pro" below the logo.

But if I get JH-13 Pro and do the same, people may think that I am going cheap by not getting the top model. I usually only want the top model products (those I could afford), like I got 2 GTX 480s for SLi when it came out the first week. What should I do? One way, of course, is to get them to print "JH 16 Pro" on JH 13 Pro but that's obviously self-deception.

You can't be serious right?

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #1,326 of 3,787

Quote:
You can't be serious right?

What if I am, can you help me make my choice? I know they are both top models and JH13 Pro probably would be a better choice for me sound-wise given that I already have the 18 Pro, but face it, there are people out there like me who really want the top stuff and at the same time braggers. The $50 price difference, albeit de minimus compared with the actual listed price, is a big psychological barrier preventing such people from getting the 13s despite that the 13s would suit them more.

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #1,327 of 3,787

Quote:
What if I am, can you help me make my choice? I know they are both top models and JH13 Pro probably would be a better choice for me sound-wise, but face it, there are people out there like me who really want the top stuff and at the same time braggers. The $50 price difference, albeit de minimus compared with the actual listed price, is a big psychological barrier preventing such people from getting the 13s despite that the 13s would suit them more.

So you get the top of line models to brag? That's a sign of insecurity. I myself, go for the top of the line model because it offers higher performance then the rest usually.

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #1,328 of 3,787

Quote:
So you get the top of line models to brag? That's a sign of insecurity. I myself, go for the top of the line model because it offers higher performance then the rest usually.

Not solely for the purpose of bragging, but it would be great to have good sound and at the same time allows me to brag.

Thinking more and more I am more inclined to get the JH13 Pro with JH16 Pro printed now... Great sound for me and at the same time I believe it is unlikely that someone would pull it out from my ear, look at it and be able to say, "Hey, this is not a 16 Pro! This is only a JH13 Pro!"

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #1,329 of 3,787

Quote:
Not solely for the purpose of bragging, but it would be great to have good sound and at the same time allows me to brag.

Thinking more and more I am more inclined to get the JH13 Pro with JH16 Pro printed now... Great sound for me and at the same time I believe it is unlikely that someone would pull it out from my ear, look at it and be able to say, "Hey, this is not a 16 Pro! This is only a JH13 Pro!"

blink.gif

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #1,330 of 3,787
To the guys that had theirs shipped out before CanJam.... Must be nice.

I sent out for refits last week, and still no word if I'm getting mine anytime soon.  I'm not holding my breath.

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #1,331 of 3,787

Quote:

When I got my refits back I didn't get an email so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Jun 4, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #1,332 of 3,787

Quote:

I have asked "Uncle" Wilson from Jaben personally, and after looking at them he says it's normal. So whatever I guess.
(both earpieces have gaps, but you can only see it on the right side at this angle.)

Mine are like that too. But you know, if you want to 'replace socket' (mine had bigger issues- the cable was falling off), it's free, simple, and they don't need to remold/do anything else (ie your fit stays perfect). I just did that.

Jun 4, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #1,334 of 3,787

Quote:
When I got my refits back I didn't get an email so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

No tracking number?  That's kinda disturbing.

Quote:
To the guys that had theirs shipped out before CanJam.... Must be nice.

I sent out for refits last week, and still no word if I'm getting mine anytime soon.  I'm not holding my breath.

I shipped them two day on Tues and they got them Thurs for a refit.  I am not expecting mine to go out this week but hopefully the beginning of next.  Would be great if they did get them back tomorrow but the main concern is to make them wearable.  I almost was thinking I could deal with it but there was one issue that was just too much and so i figured they could fix both issues related to fit since coming back anyway.  I miss them way more than i though though.

Jun 4, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #1,335 of 3,787

Quote:
No tracking number?  That's kinda disturbing.

I shipped them two day on Tues and they got them Thurs for a refit.  I am not expecting mine to go out this week but hopefully the beginning of next.  Would be great if they did get them back tomorrow but the main concern is to make them wearable.  I almost was thinking I could deal with it but there was one issue that was just too much and so i figured they could fix both issues related to fit since coming back anyway.  I miss them way more than i though though.

I shipped mine out last Thursday with Next Day service. They got them noon Friday.  I'm crossing my fingers for them to arrive to me tomorrow, but I couldn't be so lucky.  There was no word of them being shipped, or even refitted.  

Since then, I've been listening a lot to my previously barely touched Triple fi 10's.  I quite like them!  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back