JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Jun 3, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #1,306 of 3,787

Quote:

The JH16 Pro is inaccurate towards the input signal and frequency response. I know it's not inaccurate in terms of bass performance. The JH13 Pro is more accurate towards input signal and frequency response over the JH16 Pro. Now naturalness, The JH16 Pro's may have the edge over the JH13 Pro's. I'll see when my JH16 Pro's arrive. Even though I'm getting the JH16 Pro, it still won't change my perception on the JH13 Pro. It's a balanced and incredibly detailed custom IEM.

Can you PLEASE stop commenting about something you haven't heard. Why can't you get the message?? So many people have said it to you. This is an impression thread- you need to hear something to have an impression. It is not a 'hear-say' thread.
Just wait till you upgrade (lol)  to the JH16, then post your impression.

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #1,307 of 3,787
For the love of me, I can't think of what a drag it must be for someone who's looking forward to purchasing the JH16's and is looking for first impressions, having to go through 88 pages of this. I think a moderator should gather all impressions in one thread where ONLY JH16 owners can post their feedback. The rest of the posts should go in a different thread.

Anyway, my 16's have shipped today from Florida, should get them by the beginning of next week. Will post my impressions after I listened to them for a while.

Quote:
zurdyo

JH Audio
Order Number: 1529
Detailed Invoice
Date Ordered: Thursday 22 April, 2010
Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: In the lab
Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

Jun 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #1,308 of 3,787
Just heard from Jaime that my order should ship next week!! 

Order number 1534, placed April 26th.
Impressions received May 6th.

Haven't gotten an In The Lab notice yet, I just emailed customer service at JH and asked for a status update.

This made my day
atsmile.gif

Jun 3, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #1,309 of 3,787
i asked them when mine would ship, only cuz they were in the lab last friday. i wanted to get them before last weekend due to some personal reasons however that did not happen. they are supposed to ship today ... yesterday they told me either yesterday or today ... i dont know why the lab is a backlogged a week. anyway im glad i got next day i just hope that if they do ship today i get them tomorrow and not saturday, does UPS even deliver on weekends? im just so tired of waiting ... i literally have one ear on my SA5K's that NEED to be rewired and some earbuds tah came with a blackberry for headphones. spend 2k on audio equipment only to have one part log jam the whole setup. i pray that when i get them they fit astoundingly cuz i dont know if i could take sending the back to wait again. i can however say that their customer service is astounding. may not be an instantaneous response, but you get a PERSON that you can communicate with that KNOWS whats going on when you do talk to them. which makes griping about the wait a bit more guilt ridden, cuz i know that they are working really hard to get as many orders done before CJ10.

i wonder how many will jump on the JH3A now ... especially with the JH5A is around the corner ;P

Jun 3, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #1,313 of 3,787

Quote:

the red one is JH13

Wow, it's really balanced from bass to midrange with a descending treble just like I thought from running sine sweeps. Also, the frequency response for the JH13 Pro is perfect for replicating hearing from loud speakers. It has emphasis in the bass and a descending treble with a sharp emphasis in the upper midrange to prevent 'dullness'.

Now, a JH16 Pro frequency graph would be awesome to see.
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #1,315 of 3,787

Hi dallan,

Thanks for your opinion! Most use the jh16 with portable amp. The other option is to try the Sonett, I was told that there is no hiss as well. No chance to audition that or the Zana given my location, a leap of faith required! Is yours the ZD SE?

I have the 13's and the Zana Duex, they are on the way back for fitting and just tried them twice with the Zana.  No hissing but due to the fact that the Zana Duex is made for a higher impedance?? or higher ohm value of HP the 13s sound a bit thin although the general layering and openness is good.  I actually liked them better with the Zana as a preamp feeding the Lisa lll.  That was the best comp i found.  The 16 are lower ohm than the 13s too so you may want to look elsewhere even though there is no hiss as far as I could tell.  With the Lisa there was hiss but only if you turned the music off and cranked it up above where you could ever listen to music, and it sounded like a product of the ipod at the time that I tried it.....not thru the zana but direct.

Jun 3, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #1,316 of 3,787
The Zana Duex is a SE amp.  To get a balanced you go to the Balancing act or I believe the ZDT(Zana Duex Transformer).  Generally I feel that the Zana has a much fuller sound than the Sonett from my a/b them.  It wasn't a small difference.  I think that if i were doing it I would look for an amp with a hi-low switch.  The new Zana's may have them, i don't know.  The new Lisa's may too.  Tell you I would check that one, if the new Lisa had a switch I would personally go that way.  The only drawback with mine(Lisa) is that the volume level has to be very low, there is not a lot of room in the knob between silent and blasting, maybe 1/8 or at most 1/4 of a turn.

Jun 3, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #1,318 of 3,787

hi dallan,

I don't think the Lisa III has a gain switch. So hissing issue will continue. No keen to go balanced for now given the need to change the cables from JH16 when using with Hifiman. Maybe I will take a bet on Sonett, seems suitable for iems judging from the forum responses. Already have the SR71A (out for repairs) for portable use. Many thanks for your view. Maybe you can post your impression of the ZD in a separate thread!  

Quote:
The Zana Duex is a SE amp.  To get a balanced you go to the Balancing act or I believe the ZDT(Zana Duex Transformer).  Generally I feel that the Zana has a much fuller sound than the Sonett from my a/b them.  It wasn't a small difference.  I think that if i were doing it I would look for an amp with a hi-low switch.  The new Zana's may have them, i don't know.  The new Lisa's may too.  Tell you I would check that one, if the new Lisa had a switch I would personally go that way.  The only drawback with mine(Lisa) is that the volume level has to be very low, there is not a lot of room in the knob between silent and blasting, maybe 1/8 or at most 1/4 of a turn.

Jun 3, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #1,319 of 3,787
Finally! Congrats bro. U sent your JH16 for remoulding, what happened?

Quote:
Man, I'm really hoping JH has sent those remade ears of mine before they leave for Can Jam in a few hours, I'm already predicting the massive backlog they'll get from Can Jam as well...

My RSA Apache is finally going to be here on Monday to drive these babies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back