JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Jun 4, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #1,337 of 3,787
Oh definitely makes sense to get a separate pair.

I wonder what I would do if this had been announced together with the JH16s :wink:

Doesn't quite make sense for me to give up portability given my usual use (more transport/gym than stationary), but.... LUCKILY I don't have to think about it seriously.

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #1,338 of 3,787

Oh definitely makes sense to get a separate pair.

I wonder what I would do if this had been announced together with the JH16s :wink:

Doesn't quite make sense for me to give up portability given my usual use (more transport/gym than stationary), but.... LUCKILY I don't have to think about it seriously.

lol..i won't be thinking about this for now..got a big gun coming in for the customs and hd 800 on monday...

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #1,339 of 3,787

Quote:
lol..i won't be thinking about this for now..got a big gun coming in for the customs and hd 800 on monday...

terrible :p

I think it's just a delay though. But it's great - you can tell us whether JH-3A or JH13/16 or the balanced protector/apache is preferred :p

I think the JH-3A is so exciting because of the percentage improvement number which Jude (forced) out of Jerry - 50% is pretty serious and while necessarily subjective, I'm not sure that I would say there's so much (even subjective) improvement possible from an amp, provided that for the measurement of subjective improvement the subject isn't using some standard which is not objectively ridiculous.

Hm. I'm going to suggest they offer a JH-3A plus both 13 and 16 option. *wink* (You know you want it)

Jun 4, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #1,340 of 3,787

Quote:
I think with the 18 Pro I get more inclined to get the 13 Pro, but there is a downside. Since I am a bragger, I usually want the Artwork to state the Model No., like on my UE 18 Pro my artwork is actually the UE logo with the words "18 Pro" below the logo.

But if I get JH-13 Pro and do the same, people may think that I am going cheap by not getting the top model. I usually only want the top model products (only those I could afford of course), like I got 2 GTX 480s for SLi when it came out the first week. What should I do? One way, of course, is to get them to print "JH 16 Pro" on JH 13 Pro but that's obviously self-deception.

Googleli, I TRULY RESPECT YOU. You are the man, seriously.

Quote:

terrible :p

I think it's just a delay though. But it's great - you can tell us whether JH-3A or JH13/16 or the balanced protector/apache is preferred :p

I think the JH-3A is so exciting because of the percentage improvement number which Jude (forced) out of Jerry - 50% is pretty serious and while necessarily subjective, I'm not sure that I would say there's so much (even subjective) improvement possible from an amp, provided that for the measurement of subjective improvement the subject isn't using some standard which is not objectively ridiculous.

Hm. I'm going to suggest they offer a JH-3A plus both 13 and 16 option. *wink* (You know you want it)

Alex, it definitely won't be soon...i'm on my way to acquiring a CDP.....but if Jaben brought in demo units......well.....
Quote:
I think with the 18 Pro I get more inclined to get the 13 Pro, but there is a downside. Since I am a bragger, I usually want the Artwork to state the Model No., like on my UE 18 Pro my artwork is actually the UE logo with the words "18 Pro" below the logo.

But if I get JH-13 Pro and do the same, people may think that I am going cheap by not getting the top model. I usually only want the top model products (only those I could afford of course), like I got 2 GTX 480s for SLi when it came out the first week. What should I do? One way, of course, is to get them to print "JH 16 Pro" on JH 13 Pro but that's obviously self-deception.

Googleli,you are truly the man, you really wear your heart on your sleeve. I RESPECT.

Jun 4, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #1,341 of 3,787

Quote:

WoW !! Where do you live man.. In every one gots Bugatti Veyron neighbourhood ?
Seriously most people won't know what they are .. and if I tell some one how much I spent they institutionalize me..

Jun 4, 2010 at 8:52 AM Post #1,342 of 3,787

Quote:
Man, I'm really hoping JH has sent those remade ears of mine before they leave for Can Jam in a few hours, I'm already predicting the massive backlog they'll get from Can Jam as well...

My RSA Apache is finally going to be here on Monday to drive these babies!

I'm truly envious, that's my dream amp.  Do you have a fully balanced source to drive it?  I just bought the Raptor and won't be upgrading anytime soon.

Jun 4, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #1,343 of 3,787

Quote:
I'm truly envious, that's my dream amp.  Do you have a fully balanced source to drive it?  I just bought the Raptor and won't be upgrading anytime soon.

Hey don't be, Laszlo, my setup was planned right from the start and we all have our individual goals. 1 dynamic set up to drive customs plus my HD 800 and 1 Stax set up....my own personal wet dream will be to have Headamp's BHSE in my hands....which I will be patiently waiting for....

You on the other hand Sir, have just put through the order for a JH3-A+JH 16 combo....my money went to this (un)fortunately today....hahaha

On balanced sources, I'm using a macbook pro via optical out to the Lavry DA 11 which will then be balanced out to the RSA Apache. My Apache's really more for computer audio and for the customs. Nice choice on the Raptor by the way....I love its compactness!

I will most likely be acquiring a CDP on Sunday which will be either the Ayon CD-07 or CD-02...This will be my main source for my upcoming Stax Rig....

http://www.ayonaudio.com/products/cd-player-dac/cd-player/cd-2.html

I won't be upgrading ANYTHING for a very long time...except perhaps after hearing the demo for JH3-A or the next JH custom... I just love JH's work!

Jun 4, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #1,345 of 3,787

Quote:
woahh, super-fied! u're into professional photography and professional audio? that's two expensive hobbies! u must be doing well in work!

Photography sustains itself from the part time jobs I do....Gear is all fully paid for with photo work

Audio doesn't.... so I have to be very focused on what I will acquire or not.

And my audio equipment is only limited to head-fi, so it's nothing to shout about really

Disclaimer:You need to have a VERY supportive other half who believes in you.

Jun 4, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #1,347 of 3,787

Quote:
@googleli, try printing JHXX on there, which makes others think that it is a prototype. This would be way cooler than either 16 or 13!

Or just make your artwork say JH-24 and you can "claim" Jerry specifically built these for you and you only.  Do you know how cool that would make you?  Cooler than anyone with crappy JH16's that's for sure.

Jun 4, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #1,348 of 3,787

Urgh, super_fied, that lens is just terribly expensive with the price increases of last year. Nice!
Quote:
Or just make your artwork say JH-24 and you can "claim" Jerry specifically built these for you and you only.  Do you know how cool that would make you?  Cooler than anyone with crappy JH16's that's for sure.

And that would be true! His customs would be made specially for him and only him! Although perhaps it's not clear that Jerry himself would have made them :wink:

Jun 4, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #1,349 of 3,787

Quote:
Urgh, super_fied, that lens is just terribly expensive with the price increases of last year. Nice!

And that would be true! His customs would be made specially for him and only him! Although perhaps it's not clear that Jerry himself would have made them :wink:

Offtopic:You can't exactly call it a price increase with something that's just been launched this year...I'm just terribly glad I held out for the mk ii version. The IS is exactly like my 100mm macro IS....amazing stuff.. but that lens can pay for itself...

How about a JH 99 guys? I really love his honesty man, I really do.  Really wowzers. You got to respect the guy for saying this "Since I'm a bragger(sp)" 

How many of you can claim to do that in a public forum huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back