JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Jun 5, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #1,367 of 3,787
Quote:
stupidassdrummer ... dont hold your breath, i got my lab notice may 28th, im 40 orders ahead of you, and 30 ahead of TC, I was told they would ship the 2nd or the 3rd with next day.

like many here, their units just showed up with no ship email so im stuck here still waiting :frowning2: in the dark ... while they are at canjam. i knew i should have bought something other buds while i waited. got a protector and twag sitting here collecting dust for the past 7 weeks.

ps: i dont know if UPS delivers on saturdays so who knows they could come today! if not its no big deal i guess. just wanted to use a full weekend ... instead of during the work week. if they dont come today, which i have grown accustomed to expect, i hope that i can stay as calm as galaragga did ...

Like I've said earlier, I'm happy that the JH16 Pro is experiencing delays because it gives me time to get more info on the JH-3A. If it is as good as Jerry says it is, which most likely it is, I can simply add it to my JH16 Pro order because it never reached the lab and is no where near doing so. Also, I have the awesome sound of my JH13 Pro's to help with the wait. I'm so happy I kept myself from buying the JH16 Pro's until now.
smile.gif

Jun 5, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #1,368 of 3,787
may 5th i think they got them. i didnt even get an in the lab notice. Its only a day or 2 after that if u do get it. I talked to them yesterday asking what the holdup was and to my surprise they were already shipped! You should have them when you get back for sure.

Jun 5, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #1,369 of 3,787

Quote:
Quote:
Like I've said earlier, I'm happy that the JH16 Pro is experiencing delays because it gives me time to get more info on the JH-3A. If it is as good as Jerry says it is, which most likely it is, I can simply add it to my JH16 Pro order because it never reached the lab and is no where near doing so. Also, I have the awesome sound of my JH13 Pro's to help with the wait. I'm so happy I kept myself from buying the JH16 Pro's until now.
smile.gif

this post doesnt help anyone,it only shows how selfish and childish you are.headfiers have been waiting for months for their jh16 and you are happy about it?i hope you experiance delay in your jh16 or jh3A till the end of the year to know the feeling we are experiancing now and the frustration because of the lack of updates from jh and the weak email communications.
i am not patient like some headfiers here and if my jh13 doesnt get delivered by the end of this month,i will cancel my order because i dont appreciate this type of service.this is why my name is not on pico slim order list because it is ridiculous to wait 3-4 months to get it along with complete lack of communications,even if it is the best amp in the world.

they say on their site that it should be done 5 days after receiving the molds and well,they received my molds and i am giving them month to do it,if not i should have every right to cancel my order because they didnt commit to their part of the deal.

Jun 5, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #1,370 of 3,787

Quote:

this post doesnt help anyone,it only shows how selfish and childish you are.headfiers have been waiting for months for their jh16 and you are happy about it?i hope you experiance delay in your jh16 or jh3A till the end of the year to know the feeling we are experiancing now and the frustration because of the lack of updates from jh and the weak email communications.
i am not patient like some headfiers here and if my jh13 doesnt get delivered by the end of this month,i will cancel my order because i dont appreciate this type of service.this is why my name is not on pico slim order list because it is ridiculous to wait 3-4 months to get it along with complete lack of communications,even if it is the best amp in the world.

they say on their site that it should be done 5 days after receiving the molds and well,they received my molds and i am giving them month to do it,if not i should have every right to cancel my order because they didnt commit to their part of the deal.

I guess it'll be the ultimate Christmas gift then.
tongue.gif

Jun 5, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #1,371 of 3,787
midoo i completely agree with u in regards to the wait time. it was pretty ridiculous. I mean waiting 5 weeks for iems is a lot. The website says 5 days then i should be that they should have had the shipments there before they announced them. They should have at least offered some compensation for the waiting which they dont.

Jun 5, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #1,372 of 3,787

Quote:

No use trying to argue with a bar of soap (i.e. too slippery to get a hold of). A bar of soap with over 700 posts in less than 2 months with only a small part of them being of any substance at all...

Jun 5, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #1,373 of 3,787
I guess they are cleaning up the backlog quick now 
smile.gif

Quote:
stupidassdrummer ... dont hold your breath, i got my lab notice may 28th, im 40 orders ahead of you, and 30 ahead of TC, I was told they would ship the 2nd or the 3rd with next day.

like many here, their units just showed up with no ship email so im stuck here still waiting :frowning2: in the dark ... while they are at canjam. i knew i should have bought something other buds while i waited. got a protector and twag sitting here collecting dust for the past 7 weeks.

ps: i dont know if UPS delivers on saturdays so who knows they could come today! if not its no big deal i guess. just wanted to use a full weekend ... instead of during the work week. if they dont come today, which i have grown accustomed to expect, i hope that i can stay as calm as galaragga did ...

to sonic below, i have no idea why you quoted my post, if it was to rub it in, i appreciate that from the bottom of my heart. i dont see any connection b.w our posts ... but thanks, really. :p

Quote:
may 5th i think they got them. i didnt even get an in the lab notice. Its only a day or 2 after that if u do get it. I talked to them yesterday asking what the holdup was and to my surprise they were already shipped! You should have them when you get back for sure.

Thanx for the info homie! I am so excited to finally get these! Now I will have allot more fun when I start my junior year at ASU in the audio engineering program. Ultimate goal w/ my degree is to be a studio engineer (produce bands) or work in film production doing the live audio or post production audio. I feel w/ these 16pros, I will have a great tool to use, and one step closer to my career goals! 
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #1,377 of 3,787

Quote:
My impressions were received April 23, got my JH16's June 2.  I haven't had a ton of time to listen to them yet, but right now I think the fit is correct (definitely getting a seal), however, I have a couple issues. First - they have a typo in my initials on them! I haven't decided if I want to bother with having that fixed, but it would be nice if JHAudio got that right the first time... Secondly, the midrange sounds great and much better defined than my previous IEM's, but I'm pretty underwhelmed with the bass.  This is coming from an unamped iPhone 3GS and iAudio 7 playing lossless files.  The bass just doesn't sound like it's that powerful, not sure if there's something wrong or if this is just how they sound.  I'm on the preorder for a pico slim, but what else could it be?

Almost certain it's a bad fit. My bass has always sounded stupendous, but I guess it does depend on what you're used to.

For reference, it makes an sf5p sound like it's got no low end. In fact, it makes every universal i've ever heard sound like they've got no low end. I use a 3GS/lossless too.

The only time I remember hearing better bass is at a Muse concert.

Jun 5, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #1,380 of 3,787

Quote:
So it's true that hard acrylic shell transmit the vibration to our ear so we not only can hear the bass, but feel it?

Yeah it feels good too, lol. I actually have come to appreciate bass and songs that I otherwise would not be that into due to the way I imagine them sounding on the JH13. Like if I hear a nice thud from a kick drum or some other bass effect in perhaps an electronic recording I think to myself, that must sound like heaven on the JH13 pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back