JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
May 2, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #556 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by warp08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cases like yours are classic examples of the importance of not only picking your customs by specs or reviews but also the reputation and willingness of the company to stand behind them and fix any concern you may have until you are fully satisfied. This goes double for a most complex and sophisticated flagship model.

Well stated warp08. I threw money over to JH Audio without any prior experience with them and without even hearing any demo models (i.e. "sound unheard"). I based my decision solely on the reputation of Jerry and the company, and a quest to find the best.

I have to thank you folks in this community in particular for sharing your experiences. Reading multiple threads about JH Audio gave me enough information to make my decision pretty easy.

May 3, 2010 at 4:40 AM Post #558 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by tompoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well stated warp08. I threw money over to JH Audio without any prior experience with them and without even hearing any demo models (i.e. "sound unheard"). I based my decision solely on the reputation of Jerry and the company, and a quest to find the best.

I have to thank you folks in this community in particular for sharing your experiences. Reading multiple threads about JH Audio gave me enough information to make my decision pretty easy.

Yep i did the same thing. Kinda have to when ur down under but well worth the potential risk

May 3, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #559 of 3,787
hey I have been reading along for all 38 pages now lol and i you guys convinced me to purchase the jh-16s *wallets takes a huge hit*. my mold will arrive on Tuesday. Just wondering if u guys had any thoughts on artwork. I am a fan of the red eye red color just don't know what i want to put on it

May 3, 2010 at 4:55 AM Post #560 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by warp08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sweat was another concern. Just my 2 cents.

Sweat shouldn't really be a concern since they are stage monitors that are used my artists while performing. I'd expect that artists sweat a hell of a lot and if you have a good seal I don't see how sweat can really be a problem.

I'm almost tempted to take mine to the gym, but I've already had 1 faux pas with my TWag so I'd have to swap cables. I'll have to test it one day and see if it helps me pump out extra reps
wink.gif

May 3, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #561 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourneychamp23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey I have been reading along for all 38 pages now lol and i you guys convinced me to purchase the jh-16s *wallets takes a huge hit*. my mold will arrive on Tuesday. Just wondering if u guys had any thoughts on artwork. I am a fan of the red eye red color just don't know what i want to put on it

This is what I settled with.. black and red eye red translucent, with glitter art. I hope it turns out good. Took many days thinking of what art to use. Truly a headache.

MOCKUP:
JH16_GLITTER.jpg

If you haven't yet, I would suggest that you look at JH's facebook album too.

May 3, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #562 of 3,787
Can anyone tell me how the cust.service at JHA is ... ? I emailed them 2x to see if my impressions arrived last week tuesday, their site hasnt updated the little account page (had no expectations for it to be up to date). they were good with communication before i dropped a few dollars, now its silence. im not trynna micromanage or hover over the iems but id like to know if i shipped to them properly so i dont have to get more impressions/wait longer ... i feel impetuous, but im excited, sue me. i do want to change the shipping from ground the 2nd day though ... hmm anyway thanksAC

May 3, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #563 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by SHADYMILKMAN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone tell me how the cust.service at JHA is ... ? I emailed them 2x to see if my impressions arrived last week tuesday, their site hasnt updated the little account page (had no expectations for it to be up to date). they were good with communication before i dropped a few dollars, now its silence. im not trynna micromanage or hover over the iems but id like to know if i shipped to them properly so i dont have to get more impressions/wait longer ... i feel impetuous, but im excited, sue me. i do want to change the shipping from ground the 2nd day though ... hmm anyway thanksAC

If you email recently during the weekend they will return your email soon. They don't reply to emails during the weekend because they're not in the lab.

May 3, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #567 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by tompoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Something clearly went wrong with the initial manufacture of my 16s. Before, the tips (internal ends) were open. I could see three tubes coming out from the drivers, but the tubes were of varying length, and the internal cavity of the earphone was open and exposed.

Am I the only one who's concerned about reports like this and the faulty demos? It seems like this goes beyond mere quality control (e.g. slight miscalculation of the proper canal shape) and hints at a design flaw. I don't know if the 16s were initially designed to have open tubes with varying lengths, and then later Jerry and the technicians decided to try another design, or if this was just a technician getting the design wrong.

I know that JH has great customer service and will readily try to fix problems like this, but this seems to go beyond what you'd expect from a routine adjustment due to fit issues.

May 4, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #568 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj nellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only one who's concerned about reports like this and the faulty demos? It seems like this goes beyond mere quality control (e.g. slight miscalculation of the proper canal shape) and hints at a design flaw. I don't know if the 16s were initially designed to have open tubes with varying lengths, and then later Jerry and the technicians decided to try another design, or if this was just a technician getting the design wrong.

I know that JH has great customer service and will readily try to fix problems like this, but this seems to go beyond what you'd expect from a routine adjustment due to fit issues.

Nice to know I am not alone in finding this "adjustment" unsettling. Are the JH16s really a mature product? Don't get me wrong - I am tempted by the positive reviews and impressed by the customer care - but these questions should be asked. For example, if you got a pair that sounded really good rather than obviously flawed, how would you know that they actually sound as good as they are theoretically capable of sounding? After all, some people here are having their canal tubes shortened and the treble is opening up. That is beyond a mere fit issue. I think that this situation is a bit disturbing and JH Audio should address it.

May 4, 2010 at 10:57 AM Post #569 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by SHADYMILKMAN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
emailed, thursday and today ...

and speak of the devil, got a response to all my emails, ok, fears assuaged.

i feel like an jerkface now, spamming their mailboxes ...

Well, they stopped replying to my mails after I told them I'm ordering through a local dealer.

Took them a week to generate a mock up of my artwork which was sent to my dealer and then forwarded to me. Gave them some updated instructions, been over 2 weeks since and nothing heard. My dealer is as clueless as I am about the situations.

I've posted on JHA's facebook wall, explaining that I've fired off 2 emails asking about my status and the new artwork request to both Jaime and Brittany, and JHA replied 2 days ago that they'll reply my email once they got back from the event.

I'm still waiting. I've also just sent an email to zac, so we'll see how it goes.

May 4, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #570 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice to know I am not alone in finding this "adjustment" unsettling. Are the JH16s really a mature product? Don't get me wrong - I am tempted by the positive reviews and impressed by the customer care - but these questions should be asked. For example, if you got a pair that sounded really good rather than obviously flawed, how would you know that they actually sound as good as they are theoretically capable of sounding? After all, some people here are having their canal tubes shortened and the treble is opening up. That is beyond a mere fit issue. I think that this situation is a bit disturbing and JH Audio should address it.

Once again lets not forget that we are sending in a completely UNIQUE impression of our ears, from 100's of different audiologists who ALL do this process a little bit different. This is not an exact science. Everyone's impressions and fit will be unique. I find it a bit odd to question a company's quality because maybe 30 - 50 out of 1000's of pairs needed a tiny adjustment in fit.

I for one had mine resent back in because my impressions were too deep. I knew this when the audiologist made the impression, but because this was my first pair I had no idea whether that was good or bad. Had I had a couple of pairs of customs I would know what to tell the audiologist now about fit. I can say factually that fit WILL affect sound.

Also, this is a brand new, primarily "handmade" product and there will surely be mistakes here and there and that is not anything to be critical about.

I would say if this makes you uncomfortable there are plenty of universals that you could buy but you would be missing out.

Have a little faith, I promise it is worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back