JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Jun 10, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #3,661 of 3,787
I have been using the Shure 535 for about three years and satisfied with it. Since the launch of the 846, I have considered Custom Made earphones, as they are now in similar price range as 846.

I finally pulled the trigger on JH16 and received it a few days ago. I would say that the actual thing sounds much better than the demo. I can't imagine the high and mid could be so smooth with only a few hours running time. Won't regret to get it and am looking forward to its improvement with more hear!

Jun 11, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #3,662 of 3,787
I have been using the Shure 535 for about three years and satisfied with it. Since the launch of the 846, I have considered Custom Made earphones, as they are now in similar price range as 846.

I finally pulled the trigger on JH16 and received it a few days ago. I would say that the actual thing sounds much better than the demo. I can't imagine the high and mid could be so smooth with only a few hours running time. Won't regret to get it and am looking forward to its improvement with more hear!

Congratulations - I am a big fan of my JH16's - Oh hell, I am a big fan of all my IEMs. Damn, I make fine choices!

(okay, the Rosewill Woodies aren't quite up to snuff, but the price was right)

Jul 5, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #3,665 of 3,787
Hi, i got the JH 16 freqphase demos and have some questions.

I have some problems to got seal at right ear but when i got seal its
like 200% better TF10. I love it.

1) The customs need no silikone/foam "tips" (hope right word)?

2) Is the sound the same from demos to customs or are there changes?

3) How comfortable are the customs. Is it possible to sleep with it?*

*I need music to get sleep, normal i take them off, when i wake up short.
But sometimes i sleep the complete night with iems, and with Shure or Westone
my ears pain...

Jul 5, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #3,666 of 3,787
Hi, i got the JH 16 freqphase demos and have some questions.

I have some problems to got seal at right ear but when i got seal its
like 200% better TF10. I love it.

1) The customs need no silikone/foam "tips" (hope right word)?

2) Is the sound the same from demos to customs or are there changes?

3) How comfortable are the customs. Is it possible to sleep with it?*

*I need music to get sleep, normal i take them off, when i wake up short.
But sometimes i sleep the complete night with iems, and with Shure or Westone
my ears pain...

From my personal experience, I think the custom is much better than the demo. I can't estimate the percentage but am very sure of what I hear. To quantify, I can say the sound is much smoother. For the custom, it is tailor-made to fit your ear and u don't need to use extra ear plug with it. You can't be wrong with the JH 16Pro and it is just another level when compared with stuffs like TF10Pro, Westone 4R, Shure 535 and even the 846. I strongly recommend u to give it a try.

Jul 5, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #3,667 of 3,787
From my personal experience, I think the custom is much better than the demo. I can't estimate the percentage but am very sure of what I hear. To quantify, I can say the sound is much smoother. For the custom, it is tailor-made to fit your ear and u don't need to use extra ear plug with it. You can't be wrong with the JH 16Pro and it is just another level when compared with stuffs like TF10Pro, Westone 4R, Shure 535 and even the 846. I strongly recommend u to give it a try.

hmmm, i orderd FA-4E XB Demos (but got FA-3E XB) and the JH 16 (only for  fun), i searched an
replacement for TF-10. The FA3 are good, better then Shure 535 and Westone Um 30 Pro.
The comfortablest IEM i know, and when the FA4 is better.... instant buy usually

I tried JH-11, Rhine Custom Stage 3 and UE-11 Pro years ago. JH was favorite and
i want buy it as self present (lost weight from 144kg to 100kg), but have the same problem now.

But real goal is 75kg and shop owner say its probaly that the custom lost seal when
i lost as much weight. I weight now 84kg, goal is still 75kg.

If he loses the Seal at / - 10 kg? (My weight fluctuates often^^).
Would be bad for the price what you pay for remolding...

Jul 5, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #3,668 of 3,787
Thanks! Please share your view on other IEMs as compared with 16pro. BTW, have u tried the Roxanne?

long time to answer - but have been in and out due to business and illness...

I know that many see the JH16 as overkill in the bass department - but I have heard IEMs/Cans that have had the bass overwhelm the other frequencies. My JH16FP has the best of both worlds - prodigious bass and crystal clear mids and highs. I can be listening to a piece of music where the bass is huge but still be able to pick out a small percussion instrument, or a strum of an acoustic guitar amid the cacophony of bass guitars and synthesizers and drum hits...  Everything moves at a heightened rate of speed. I have a number of bass heavy IEMs - and they all do things a little differently. I have never considered myself a basshead - until another member called me one (in the nicest of ways) and I had to agree.... But I love crystalline highs - I like sharp notes - There is an immediacy to IEMs that I haven't experienced anywhere other than the IEM world - or live on stage at a club or amphitheater... 

Have not heard the Roxanne - but have looked at Tupac's on the FS thread - lol

Thank God I haven't got into full size cans - not my thing... there are only a few things I want clamped on my head. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 6, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #3,669 of 3,787

I know that many see the JH16 as overkill in the bass department - but I have heard IEMs/Cans that have had the bass overwhelm the other frequencies. My JH16FP has the best of both worlds - prodigious bass and crystal clear mids and highs. I can be listening to a piece of music where the bass is huge but still be able to pick out a small percussion instrument, or a strum of an acoustic guitar amid the cacophony of bass guitars and synthesizers and drum hits...  Everything moves at a heightened rate of speed. I have a number of bass heavy IEMs - and they all do things a little differently. I have never considered myself a basshead - until another member called me one (in the nicest of ways) and I had to agree.... But I love crystalline highs - I like sharp notes - There is an immediacy to IEMs that I haven't experienced anywhere other than the IEM world - or live on stage at a club or amphitheater... 

Thank God I haven't got into full size cans - not my thing... there are only a few things I want clamped on my head. :veryevil:  

Have u upgraded your cable? I have tried the ALO SX24 silver plated cable recently...it seems not quite match with 16Pro....the silky high is gone as compared with the original cable....tried the Whinplash Twau and found it quite matches with 16Pro...just want to compare others before I make the final decision.

Jul 6, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #3,670 of 3,787
I like the Twag V2 with the JH16, great combo, adds extra up top, make the presentation deeper, and more liquid, better details.

Jul 6, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #3,671 of 3,787
I have good luck with the Toxic Cables Silver Widows and the JH16's....Sweet combo.

Jul 12, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #3,673 of 3,787

Thank God I haven't got into full size cans - not my thing... there are only a few things I want clamped on my head. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yes got yesterday the Roxanne and Cosmic Ears BA4. The JH-16 are better then Roxanne. The demos are to big, hard to get seal (only with tri-flanges and much pain)
and the bass is heavy but sounds different.

The BA4 are great for the price (377€), better then every universal IE i heard. A little similar like Stage 3 or JH-11 with lesser bass. Great when you like neutral sound. Think i wait for CE6E the designer says the bass is similar/better then JH-16 and price is 55% cheaper...

Jul 13, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #3,674 of 3,787
Yeah if you use the stock cables then the twag v2 elite is a GREAT upgrade, don't know about the other twag cables but don't assume that just because it says v3 that it's "better", I made that mistake once. I think everyone here knows that better is sometimes a subjective term when discussing sound. I think any silver cable is better than the warmer sounding stock copper jh16 cable so maybe the cables that are sold on the JH audio website are just as good as the twag cables? They're cheaper but both are silver so the detail and clarity should still be there.

Jul 13, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #3,675 of 3,787
I'm wondering if when JH Audio attends a Head-Fi meet (like the one in LA in August) whether there is a discount on the accessories from the site - I have been looking at the Moon Audio cable as an option for some of my 2-pin IEMs & CIEMs...

Has anyone used this cable? Is there any reason NOT to want a silver cable with a molded plug? 

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back