JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Jul 13, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #3,676 of 3,787
I'm wondering if when JH Audio attends a Head-Fi meet (like the one in LA in August) whether there is a discount on the accessories from the site - I have been looking at the Moon Audio cable as an option for some of my 2-pin IEMs & CIEMs...

Has anyone used this cable? Is there any reason NOT to want a silver cable with a molded plug? 

Cheers

I didn't ask about accessories but headphones for sure

Only thing about the silver dragon cable is its too big to fit in my n5 with a case :frowning2:

Jul 13, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #3,677 of 3,787
I agree I like that the JH16 bass has that bloom without a lot of mid bass warmth...I feel like copper adds too much warmth imho.  I've had the Moon audio Silver Dragons before..it does a lot mostly for the presentation depth and also adds to the width, gives the bass more punch, clarity improves a little.  I've had both the Moon audio silver and molded plugs I don't remember any difference, just that the molded one didn't look as nice?  

Jul 30, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #3,678 of 3,787

I saw on Mixwave Japan (JHA distributor) announce the JH16 with the 4 pin connector similar to the Roxannes. I'm not certain if this is the norm now for the rest of the world & Japan's getting it late, or Japan got the announcement first before anyone else.

Does anyone have more info about this (in English)?

Aug 19, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #3,679 of 3,787
Oomingmak & KimChee - 

I just order a pair the Twag2 Elite today for my JH 16 FreqPhase and really looking forward to getting them.
Craig gave me a good deal.

If you were to quantify the sound improvement, would you say it's 10%, 15%, 20%?
My rig is an AK 120 stock amped by the ALO International * (nice little amp BTW)

Any input would be appreciated!

As both of you have said, the JH 16s are pretty sweet. I'm really happy with mine.

Aug 19, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #3,680 of 3,787
Probably 10-15%, you'll notice more sound stage depth, and it adds a bit up top, and good increase in clarity and bass punch.

Aug 19, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #3,681 of 3,787
Oomingmak & KimChee - 

I just order a pair the Twag2 Elite today for my JH 16 FreqPhase and really looking forward to getting them.
Craig gave me a good deal.

If you were to quantify the sound improvement, would you say it's 10%, 15%, 20%?
My rig is an AK 120 stock amped by the ALO International * (nice little amp BTW)

Any input would be appreciated!

As both of you have said, the JH 16s are pretty sweet. I'm really happy with mine.

Hi Jacone, I am newbie. Can you advise how to order your cable? Where can I also test first before ordering?

Thanks

Aug 20, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #3,682 of 3,787
Hi Polyho -

I must admit that I'm sort of a newbie myself as I've been on this site for a little less than a year.
Folks here are very knowledgeable. Rest assure that if you hear about a product, some on this forum already has it.

As far as cable is concerned, I did a lot of research, read many reviews, and finally made a decision. It was between the Moon Audio silver dragon and the Whiplash. I think both are great companies and really want to help customers by answering any questions (Drew at Moon audio was very informative as well). Unfortunately I was not able to test before buying and just relied on what I read. 

I chose whiplash Twag v2 based on feedback, aesthetics, price, and the fact that I spoke to Craig (Whiplash owner) and he explained his product in detail. Also, the Twag cable seems to be very flexible as it must be for CIEMs. 

If you have any questions just e-mail Drew or Craig. You can order on their web sites or contact them directly. I hope this helps!

[Mod Edit: Can we not share e-mails on the thread please]

Aug 31, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #3,683 of 3,787
Kimchee - 

I received my Whiplash Twag v2 and must say it's a beautiful cable.
The cable has excellent build quality so much so that I sent an e-mail to Craig giving him well deserved props.

On the sound improvement, you are spot on! I was a skeptic before but this cable makes my JH 16s the best they can be. I'm hearing more details and just makes my IEM sound very sweet!

Really happy with purchase for sure!

$$ well spent IMO!

Aug 31, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #3,684 of 3,787
Glad you're enjoying the cable, I've tried a lot of them and Twag V2 is my fav match with the JH16.  I'm thinking of getting a JH16FP again, and I'll def be getting another Twag V2 to use with it.

Quote:
  Kimchee - 

I received my Whiplash Twag v2 and must say it's a beautiful cable.
The cable has excellent build quality so much so that I sent an e-mail to Craig giving him well deserved props.

On the sound improvement, you are spot on! I was a skeptic before but this cable makes my JH 16s the best they can be. I'm hearing more details and just makes my IEM sound very sweet!

Really happy with purchase for sure!

$$ well spent IMO!

Oct 14, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #3,687 of 3,787
Also, forgot to add that this will be my first foray into CIEMs. I have only had a variety of conventional cans prior to this latest impulse.

I have owned the JH13 Pro since they came out in 2009 (I have two sets) and I did a big review on them vs Westone ES3X and UE11Pro - in that I decided that the JH13Pro were the best balanced Custom IEM I had.

Then I got the JH16Pro with Freqphase when Freqphase came out 2 years ago, and I think the JH16Pro are just a little better with more cohesive imaging and better presentation in the bass vs the JH13 50Hz bass peak that didn't connect or blend with the upper bass as well as the JH16 Pro do.

I recommend the JH16Pro, but the 13's are still quite nice.  I now spend most my time with custom IEM using the JH16Pro, and haven't used my UE11Pro, Westone ES3X & ES5, or JH13Pro in a while.  The others aren't bad, but the 16's are just better.  For a while I was afraid to take the 16's out of the house in case I lost them, and carried the JH13Pro or Westone ES5 with me for that reason, but not for the past year.

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #3,688 of 3,787
Thanks for the input. Very helpful! I plan on ordering the JH16 Pro but will wait a bit longer to see if any crazy offers come out from JH Audio around the Holidays.

Does anyone know if any such offers or coupons are available now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back