JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
May 30, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #1,111 of 3,787

Quote:
It's pretty funny that you spent weeks obsessively defending your 13s (even though no one was attacking them) and denying that you wanted the 16s, and now you're selling the 13s for the 16s.  Everyone's entitled to change their opinion, but in your case it kind of undermines everything you've said about the 13s being perfect for you and any more bass being overwhelming.  Also, a few people have said that the differences between the 13s and 16s are more than just extra sub-bass, so I don't know that you can really hear what the 16s are like just by EQing the 13s.

I know, but it gives me a taste.

May 30, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #1,112 of 3,787

Quote:
One for use w/ the protector and one w/ miniplug for more portable uses, then?

And while that JH-5M looks pretty nice, could they fit everything that's in the JH16s in a similar-sized package?

Based upon my understanding, the JH-M line should be able to include everything the JH-Pro line has with a new technique they developed.

May 30, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #1,113 of 3,787

Quote:

And while that JH-5M looks pretty nice, could they fit everything that's in the JH16s in a similar-sized package?

If you really want a smaller JH16 you can just request a low profile version. I recently got a refit of my 13s done and they gave me a low profile version even though I didn't request it so it may be the standard now, though I'm not really sure about that.

May 30, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #1,115 of 3,787

Quote:
Wow, the 13 fan boy is switching over to 16's... get tired of defending your purchase to yourself?
rolleyes.gif

On another note, I finally got my refit back this week and all I have to say is
atsmile.gif
. Fit is really the most important thing and when it's perfect the music just hits you with a new level of awesome. I finally got around to using my protector (balanced) with my 16's and dolby headphone and I'm really impressed with its movie capabilities! Finally Batman gives me the bass punch I've been looking for!! Can't wait to watch some other movies
biggrin.gif

Too funny.  JH16, FTW.

May 30, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #1,116 of 3,787

Quote:

Quote:
Wow, the 13 fan boy is switching over to 16's... get tired of defending your purchase to yourself?
rolleyes.gif

On another note, I finally got my refit back this week and all I have to say is
atsmile.gif
. Fit is really the most important thing and when it's perfect the music just hits you with a new level of awesome. I finally got around to using my protector (balanced) with my 16's and dolby headphone and I'm really impressed with its movie capabilities! Finally Batman gives me the bass punch I've been looking for!! Can't wait to watch some other movies
biggrin.gif

Thank goodness my flame suit was activated.
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #1,117 of 3,787
Okay, I wake up to drama.  Sonic you never cease to amaze me.
etysmile.gif
  Well my two cents is, keep the 13s and get the 16s.  You know I knew you eventually would but i didn't think it would be this fast of a turn of events.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

May 30, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #1,118 of 3,787
What do guys think? For my JH16 Pro's I'm thinking of a solid black faceplate with a red eye red translucent body along with this artwork:
Disregard those white diagonal lines. I tried to MS Paint out a water mark.

May 30, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #1,119 of 3,787
If I had the money I'd buy the JH16s and listen to both the 13s and 16s before selling either of them. Fortunately, I do have that kind of money. 
biggrin.gif

And no, I don't think I'll be selling either of them. Not soon, anyway.

Right now the 13s have actually been seeing more use, especially since the arrival of my 2-channel setup and since my more involved mixing sessions.

May 30, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #1,121 of 3,787

Quote:

That is the exact same config i would have which is why i am looking at maybe a second pair of customs next year finances permitting, plus another excuse to have a different Sig to listen to.

Will it be the 13's or ue18's though next time (bearing in mind there are no new models out with 10 or 12 drivers!?

May 30, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #1,122 of 3,787

Quote:
That is the exact same config i would have which is why i am looking at maybe a second pair of customs next year finances permitting, plus another excuse to have a different Sig to listen to.

Will it be the 13's or ue18's though next time (bearing in mind there are no new models out with 10 or 12 drivers!?

Fortis, get your protector first and foremost before you consider the next pair of customs!

May 30, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #1,123 of 3,787

Quote:
Fortis, get your protector first and foremost before you consider the next pair of customs!

Sorry, that is what i meant! forgot to mention that the twag is next with what most probably will be the protector as choice for porta amp.Hence i will not have the finances for next customs till next year due to a twag & porta amp!

Should of explained that better, why i would be (as Mr.T would say) a fool to have two top customs and not have an upgraded cable or amp at all! 

May 30, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #1,125 of 3,787
@Dalian  Your upgrade path sure is a very sweet setup for me!
smile_phones.gif
 I really see no need to upgrade the portable rig for a really long time,.And yes, I do carry a small sling bag to carry it around. (Works really wonderful for me)

@Fortis It won't be a most probably, it will be a must get for the protector and TWag cable lol! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back