JH Audio JH-3A
Mar 5, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #2,506 of 2,681

Quote:
Quote:
HDtracks and DVD-A discs?  I think this is a very small segment (granted this item fits in this demographic as well).  
You are the first I have about stability.

If you knock out the largest distributor of high res online content and second most common high res physical media, exactly where are you getting your high res audio? And if you are just saying high res audio is rare, yes, obviously, and your point?

We'll see if anyone can confirm a 24/176.4-192 toslink signal from a source, but (there's not much to agree with in this article, or 6moons generally, but it came up first in a Google search)...
"Here's some quick technical background as garnered from Kevin Halverson at Muse: Compared to analog RCA, Toslink fiber as a medium -- transmitter, cable, receiver -- is bandwidth-limited. 24/96 remains within its scope but 192 doesn't. Optical's lower ultrasonic headroom spells reduced native jitter rejection - 75/110-ohm RCA/XLR enjoys the clear advantage. On paper."

Interesting.   I have not read this, I need to investigate a bit.  I appreciate your feedback.

High-res content is limited.  My only point is I would not be designing the output of the JH-3A to cater to an extremely small marketplace at this point. 

Mar 5, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #2,508 of 2,681
'The cost will likely be much higher in the future because of the real cost of this amp to build is WAY higher than we had originally been quoted."
good luck finding buyers for the jh3a in the future.

Mar 5, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #2,510 of 2,681
well i for one am not giving up, and truthfully im not very upset.  I have had my moments, but, I truly dont feel there is much to be upset about.

for the record ive been waiting since august, and have never had any other dealings with JH before.  Aside from reading this thread, i know virtually nothing about them.
I've generally tried to keep my stance as excited, but patient, and that is more or less where i still stand.
Ive tried to keep my commentary on this situation limited, as it is very easy to get swept up in all the negative fanfare and speculation which is running rampant on this thread.
I have found that if i ignore this thread's negativity (while still reading it) and just focus on the facebook updates, their line of communication, while imperfect, has actually been quite straightforward and clear.
More often than not, i have found myself marveling at how far off track people are taking their speculation, but usually  dont waste the energy trying to correct them.  As the Mod pointed out.  People like to be negative.  its the way of the world.
I keep reminding myself that none of us truly know what this situation looks like through Jerry or his staff's eyes.  We pretend we do, but we dont.
I will still firmly say that i dont believe they have ever lied or misled us, and that they are doing their best. 
I have had my moments of frustration, I definitely dont see the logic in their update system, and I would like thier communication skills to be improved but all of this just is what it is. we could wish it to be different all we want.

Every time we hear messages from Jerry I hear sincerity and commitment.  To me that bottom lines everything else. 

Mar 5, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #2,513 of 2,681
I would love to know a few things like how spdif coax doesn't qualify as digital... it seems Jerry's definition of digital is USB.
I'm not reading it as you. Sounds like he always meant digital in the sense of spdif, not USB. The trouble is coax or optical would both be digital, so I'm not sure why that's being used to refer to coax (and not toslink). Maybe because RCAs can be analog or digital? Maybe why theres a disconnect between designer and manufacture? What's a little strange is the 'original analog-only' comment. Have never heard that, nor would have ordered in that state. Could have been before any of us knew about JH3A though?

Mar 5, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #2,514 of 2,681

It's a straight quote from the email Jerry sent to thread

Quote:
Where did you see this?  (excuse me if its obvious)

Mar 5, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #2,515 of 2,681

Quote:
I'm not reading it as you. Sounds like he always meant digital in the sense of spdif, not USB.

He said and the facebook person repeated that this device "originally was to only have an analog input." When the device was originally to have a spdif coax (digital) input, it sounds like a flawed statement. That is all.

Mar 5, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #2,516 of 2,681
I have been following this thread for months and after months of saving, I just ordered the jh-3a. I'm very excited for this revolutionary product to come out. I honestly cannot understand why so many people are so upset and canceling their orders.  If I'm not mistaken, Jh Audio has said for a long time "winter 2011".    Did Jerry missrepresent the delay? It seems to me to not be the case. I have a friend, whose brother works at Foxconn(company that does the final assemble for the iphone) and he told me over christmas that Apple knew about the signal drop issue with the iphone 4 during production but, they were too commited to the design and  the time schedule, to make any kind of changes. As we all know Apple released the product anyway.  I personally admire a company, with an apparent small operation, that stays commited to putting out a perfect product.  I've reread many pages of this post and with all of the setbacks that have been detailed, if JHA can relase and ship the jh-3a only a month or so past the "winter 11" than I think they should be applauded. I know i'm new to this forum and my opinions might not matter to much but since I put down my hard earned money; I felt entiled to say something.

Mar 5, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #2,517 of 2,681

Quote:
'The cost will likely be much higher in the future because of the real cost of this amp to build is WAY higher than we had originally been quoted."
good luck finding buyers for the jh3a in the future.

Of course he's going to say that. 
wink_face.gif

Mar 5, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #2,518 of 2,681
I had very bad experiences with JH customer service. I ordered a 16 in the fall, and before impressions were sent in I asked if I could change the color. It took three emails for them to respond and say no. I then asked if I could get a refund/cancel my order. It took three emails and they finally said no refunds. So I send impressions in... once my order came, it didn't fit. I emailed twice asking for refit procedure and never got a reply. So I just sold it. Would never deal with this company.

Mar 6, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #2,519 of 2,681
O.K., I need to be honest about what has been happening here without offending JH-Audio or those who run Head-fi. I have been waiting with baited breath, like everyone else here, for reviews of the JH-3A. Still, after 2,540 posts, the 3A still has not been released. This should be fine and well, but (a big "but" here), only if most of the people on this thread have not sent their money in for pre-orders. It looks to me like everyone on Head-Fi is bank rolling this investment and not JH-Audio. Could you imagine what would happen if Toyota asked for pre-payment of a new Prius a year before the model actually came out? I could see lawsuits everywhere but why is it that the world of high-end audio is different? The way the normal world works is that a company has a product to sell and people buy it. So far, there is no product and many people here have parted with their hard earned money. Where is the accountability?

Mar 6, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #2,520 of 2,681
O.K., I need to be honest about what has been happening here without offending JH-Audio or those who run Head-fi. I have been waiting with baited breath, like everyone else here, for reviews of the JH-3A. Still, after 2,386 posts, the 3A still has not been released. This should be fine and well, but (a big "but" here), only if most of the people on this thread have not sent their money in for pre-orders. It looks to me like everyone on Head-Fi is bank rolling this investment and not JH-Audio. Could you imagine what would happen if Toyota asked for pre-payment of a new Prius a year before the model actually came out? I could see lawsuits everywhere but why is it that the world of high-end audio is different? The way the normal world works is that a company has a product to sell and people buy it. So far, there is no product and many people here have parted with their hard earned money. Where is the accountability?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back