JH Audio JH-3A
Jun 4, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #106 of 2,681

Quote:
Originally Posted by warp08

I have found the 16s to be more enjoyable overall with a wider range of amps I have had the opportunity so far to listen to than the 13s. The 13s to my ears are scary in how accurately they are able to render the music. If my ears were replaced with a pair of freq. analyzers, I'd probably get an eargasm everytime I use them. But I am drawn to a more analog sound signature, which to me is more natural even from solid state components than the analytical representation the 13s offer. Especially when TWagged, however, to me the 13s sound amazing with my TTVJ Slim, but I simply cannot listen to them for long with the Protector, whereas the JH16s shine with it.

What kind of music are you listening to? Might be helpful for me because I decided last weekend to go for the JH16 but after JH announced the JH-3A I'm thinking about getting the JH-3A+JH13 combo. Hard decision...

Jun 4, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #107 of 2,681

Quote:
However, it still burns those new JH16Pro owners. I would rather compensate my new customers than burn them. Releasing a product that would eventually have an "upgrade" version so closely is just bad business imo.

So JH should postpone his new desirable product much longer, thereby depriving potential customers of having the combo sooner? So by "compensate my new customers" you also mean making potential customers have to wait longer. Imo, there's nothing particularly special about being a current customer versus a potential customer. Both should be compensated equally.

In fact, both already are. Current JHaudio customers have the benefit of enjoying these flagship products sooner and know fully well how things IEMs sound, while they get to have a few months to decide whether or not they would like to upgrade to the JHA-3; whereas the majority of the buyers waiting (a few more months) for the combo will be going in blind, having little clue what kind of sound they're going to get.

Jun 4, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #108 of 2,681
Question: What happens when we grow out of our customs or sell our customs?
If JHA don't do pure reshelling, how will companies like UM and Fischer be able to tune these effectively??

Jun 4, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #109 of 2,681

Quote:
Question: What happens when we grow out of our customs or sell our customs?
If JHA don't do pure reshelling, how will companies like UM and Fischer be able to tune these effectively??

If your custom IEM's don't fit, it'll cost a fee of $100 to re-shell them. If you sell your customs, well, you'll have to sell the amp also. The JH-3A isn't for everyone, but I'm going to most likely buy it for my JH16 Pro which THANK GOD I just ordered 2-3 days ago. So I can change the order. If I like the JH-3A + JH16 Pro setup a lot more than my RSA Protector Balanced + JH13 Pro. They're all being sold.

Jun 4, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #110 of 2,681
don't be too sure that they'll let you change your order.  If you've already committed to buying the JH16s and provided payment, they have no real obligation to further modify your purchase.

Not to say that they won't oblige, but you never know.  I'm pondering the thought myself (haven't gotten a lab notice for my almost-month-old order yet), so let me know how your request goes...

Jun 4, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #111 of 2,681
 I worry a little about only 1 ground wire per side though. IME they should be matched. i'm growing weak though I tell you and I can always make my own cable. hell who am I kidding I wouldnt last with the stock cable longer than a few days.

since it sounds like all tuning is done in the dac section anyway, no reason one couldnt modify the amp section yourself. I have found my 13's shine with more power than is on offer here, but being its Jerry i'm still VERY intrigued

Jun 4, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #112 of 2,681
such a pity no USB input iPAD with camera connection kit ->JH3a (means there will be B??)->JH13/16 would be a cool travel rig

Jun 5, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #114 of 2,681
If the connection is optical, iPad + camera kit + $20 UCA202 (or several other options) + JH3A would do it. :wink:

Jun 5, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #115 of 2,681

don't be too sure that they'll let you change your order.  If you've already committed to buying the JH16s and provided payment, they have no real obligation to further modify your purchase.

Not to say that they won't oblige, but you never know.  I'm pondering the thought myself (haven't gotten a lab notice for my almost-month-old order yet), so let me know how your request goes...

Ha! Daniel is like JHAudios biggest poster. I swear he has more posts on their Facebook page than they do. If they don't change an order that is likely not even remotely near the lab then they have some serious issues. I personally have no doubt that they'll change his order in the drop of a hat for one of/ if not their biggest fanboys so that he can continue to sing his praise all over then web

Jun 5, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #116 of 2,681
Just a question, what do those last specs mean? It really doesn't make sense to me.

Quote:
[size=large][size=10pt]    •72-bit Accumulators 
    •300,000,000 MAC/S[/size]
[/size]

Jun 5, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #117 of 2,681

Quote:
If the connection is optical, iPad + camera kit + $20 UCA202 (or several other options) + JH3A would do it. :wink:

I'll have to test the Nuforce uDAC's coax S/PDIF out with iPad soon.  I know the DAC works for headphone out and RCA out with iPad, but there is no reason the S/PDIF output wouldn't work too.

Jun 5, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #118 of 2,681

Quote:
such a pity no USB input iPAD with camera connection kit ->JH3a (means there will be B??)->JH13/16 would be a cool travel rig

Although I can't say that there will not be a JH3B in the future, but I think Jerry's naming scheme of JH3a is J (Jerry) H (Harvey) 3 (triple crossover) a (amplifier). So, I would bet that there will more likely be a JH6a then a JH3b.

Jun 5, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #119 of 2,681
@Qusp
IYO, do you think your jh13 would sound better out of a high-end balanced DAC/amp or out of the JH-3A. (of-course hypothetically)  
My instinticts tell me its an obvious answer, but being a dedicated setup to the customs on th JH-3A, I thought I might ask.

Jun 5, 2010 at 8:23 AM Post #120 of 2,681

Quote:
@Qusp
IYO, do you think your jh13 would sound better out of a high-end balanced DAC/amp or out of the JH-3A. (of-course hypothetically)  
My instinticts tell me its an obvious answer, but being a dedicated setup to the customs on th JH-3A, I thought I might ask.

The JH-3A should sound better than anything available for the JH13/16 Pro because the amplifier is built for those earpieces. You are no longer being crippled by the compromises of the passive crossover world. My HiFiMAN feeding line out to the JH-3A should blow my skin off my body.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back