JH Audio JH-3A
Mar 10, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #2,656 of 2,681
How about a thread for those who prepaid?

Grat idea and maybe a thread for every other gear for people who actually own them.

^ i LOL'd.

Ditto this page. New impressions thread, and keep this one alive :) For all the 3A-related questions for the ones that are too lazy to read and have ppl willing to answer questions already answered in this thread a while back.

Mar 10, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #2,658 of 2,681
I'd hope that people refrain from idle specualtion and give JHA time to sort out the issues. Please keep in mind this may take a few weeks and that means we all must stop speculating and just wait it out.

Britt stated Jerry is going to China and we all need to wait and see what comes of his visit prior to throwing and fuel on the fire. I make this statement as a member, a JH3 pre order holder and lastly a mod.

Jerry good luck on your trip!

Mar 12, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #2,660 of 2,681
Alright. More people have asked for it to stay open, then closing it.  So let's see where it will take us. 
It's only text with low bandwidth. Let's try to stay with the facts, and keep any bashing (as opposed to voicing frustration) out of it.

Mar 12, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #2,664 of 2,681

Quote:
Can someone please provide me a link to Brittany's post (I don't know her username unless it's "Brittany").

I really feel that this post is long past due for closure. Without any new info, it's just a chat and venting route.

Let me know what you guys think. We can always re-open it up, or start a fresh thread once they start to show up on people's doorsteps.. This is one of the most speculative threads that we have, here on HF.

Yes, I think a fresh thread should DEFINATELY be opened for comments/opinions/mini reviews on the actual JH-3a. Rather than everyone switch the bs from here to there, maybe it could be opened as soon as we know they'e shipping and this thread closed with a link to the new one. Just my 2c.

Mar 13, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #2,665 of 2,681
My mistake, SPIDF is optical.
(from Facebook)

Uh.. what? One of the biggest reasons why I've bought the Colorfly was because it had a Coax out to fit the Coax in on the JH-3A. :|

/edit

Is there such a thing as a portable (!) SPDIF Coax to Toslink converter?

Mar 13, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #2,666 of 2,681
Take that line with a grain of salt, xz123. The fact that they didn't say which the input is in the "official announcement" nor to any of the however many times I asked them leads me to believe that they themselves -- or at least Brittany -- still have no idea what the input will be.

I don't believe that which you have quoted is the final word on the input at all. In fact, I have a suspicion that they're trying to switch back to coax, but we'll never know for sure until JHA actually tells us.

Edit: This, btw, is currently the worst source of my frustration with JHA.

Mar 13, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #2,667 of 2,681
ill be pretty suprised if they make the official version optical.

this device is designed to be portable/transportable. 
coax makes way more sense for that, and they already planned on coax.  People pre-ordered based on coax.

unless they literally cant get the manufacturer to do coax, i just cant imagine they will go with optical, unless they decide to offer us a choice of one or the other.

Mar 13, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #2,668 of 2,681
Quote:
unless they literally cant get the manufacturer to do coax, i just cant imagine they will go with optical, unless they decide to offer us a choice of one or the other.

the best solution would be if they could find a way to incorporate both! that would end debate/discussion/dissatisfaction! in other words they'd make (most) everyone happy - win-win!

Mar 14, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #2,670 of 2,681
Quote:
ill be pretty suprised if they make the official version optical.

this device is designed to be portable/transportable. 
coax makes way more sense for that, and they already planned on coax.  People pre-ordered based on coax.

They need to coax the manufacturer to do coax. (Sorry, couldn't resist
wink.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back