JH Audio JH-3A
Mar 4, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #2,416 of 2,681
For what it's worth, my understanding is that the fittings should last five years or longer.  They had better, as otherwise, everyone of us who spent 1K or more on either the JH13 or JH16s will have a problem once we've had them for a full a year!

Mar 4, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #2,417 of 2,681

Quote:
I thought one was to use spdif - mini for the solo to 3a...

The following is from an email Jerry sent me yesterday evening.

"I personally am using the USB or analog in. The spidf is optical at
the present time."

Then in a follow up email (because I was so dense I wasn't sure what he was really talking about...not his fault!)

"Analog is the 3.5 the digital in is the mini USB.

I am in constant contact with the factory on this project. For some reason the spidf I optical and should be digital arggggg."

Now, there is still some language problems here for me, but knowing the Solo is either 1.8" (3.55mm) out or S/PDIF Coaxial Digital Audio, I think mini-USB from Solo to JH-3A is one option.   I stand to be corrected.

Mar 4, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #2,419 of 2,681
I'm all for the optical over coax* mistake. :wink:

* Assuming everything else supporting is correct. And optical spdif (toslink) is digital too, no? I don't understand why there are so many mistakes when referring to the different spdifs of optical and coax. 

Doesn't give one faith these are close to completion though.

Mar 4, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #2,420 of 2,681
Yeah, I am too to be honest with you.   It doesn't give me very much faith either.   I remember contacting Jerry a few months ago and he said the USB was 24/96 only to retract his statement the following day.

Quote:
I'm all for the optical over coax* mistake. :wink:

* Assuming everything else supporting is correct. And optical spdif (toslink) is digital too, no? I don't understand why there are so many mistakes when referring to the different spdifs of optical and coax. 

Doesn't give one faith these are close to completion though.

Mar 4, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #2,421 of 2,681
What the heck kind of word salad is that from Jerry!? ......................

This is a joke, right?

Mar 4, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #2,422 of 2,681
Now I'm really confused.  How can at this late juncture, JH realize that the unit is mistakenly made (in china) with optical instead of coaxial?
Is that mean more longer delays?  Personally, I rather have optical. 

Quote:

The following is from an email Jerry sent me yesterday evening.

"I personally am using the USB or analog in. The spidf is optical at
the present time."

Then in a follow up email (because I was so dense I wasn't sure what he was really talking about...not his fault!)

"Analog is the 3.5 the digital in is the mini USB.

I am in constant contact with the factory on this project. For some reason the spidf I optical and should be digital arggggg."

Now, there is still some language problems here for me, but knowing the Solo is either 1.8" (3.55mm) out or S/PDIF Coaxial Digital Audio, I think mini-USB from Solo to JH-3A is one option.   I stand to be corrected.

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #2,424 of 2,681
I've been pretty adamantly staying in this game all along here... but with the release to customers allegedly just around the corner, and this new information seeping through to the public.... I mean seriously -- the devices have the wrong input now!?! -- I'm on the virge of taking my refund and giving up on the 3A altogether.

JHA: You NEED to give us an update today.

I asked via twitter as well.

This was already ridiculous, and if there's any merit to what's being said, we're about to reach the next level.

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #2,425 of 2,681
Someone asked JHA thru their facebook, and they said the spdif input on the 3A is coaxial.

This means, the interconnect between solo to 3A would be just coaxial spdif to coaxial spdif? not spdif to mini? :)

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #2,426 of 2,681
Well it sure was supposed to be coaxial all along... Jerry is saying that what they have now is optical instead. If what was relayed from Jerry is true and they plan to stick to the original plan of releasing with coaxial,

we're about to see a fresh new delay of significant length.

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #2,427 of 2,681
Well then. :| Would you suggest a spdif-spdif coaxial connect to me? I'm seeing alot but idk the differences. I listen to vocal/ballad, classical, and then hiphop and RnB

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #2,428 of 2,681
I just added to the Facebook thread:

Quote:
There seems to be some confusion on this point. Someone relayed that Jerry said the working units are currently optical instead of coax. Please tell us this was in error and shipment is still expected "extremely soon" ... I much preferred the sound of that.

And while you're at it, consider providing a mailing list (a la http://tinyletter.com/) with reasonably current updates!

You guys have wonderful products, JHA, but getting sporadic updates only leaked through individual correspondence is not cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back