JH Audio JH-3A
Jan 4, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #1,711 of 2,681

Quote:
You need coaxila cable with mini plug. Moon audio, bluejeans, supracables, all of them sells them.

Both coaxial and optical are digital spdif.

I hate doing this since I said I would be out....you guys are really nutty...

I didn't say it had optical input, but Jerry did state that the line-out (which is a dual output jack) should work.

USB is still limited as before.

He receives the production units the 2nd week of January and then tunes them before ship.  I have no idea how long that takes.  Provided everything goes smoothly, figure the end of that week or beginning of 3rd week they are shipped in batches.  Insert explicitves....if it ships out Friday the 2nd week of Jan or Monday the following week do you really care?  Some of these posts are just insane.

Repeat after me, fruitcake and ale, fruitcake and ale....

The only cause of delay now would be something wrong with the production units arriving next week.  Cross your fingers.  Can't wait till maxjam loses the bet.

Jan 4, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #1,712 of 2,681
My guess is that he will ship out the first initial batch at the end of second week and than, some in the third and fourth as they are being built.

Jan 4, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #1,713 of 2,681

Quote:

I didn't say it had optical input, but Jerry did state that the line-out (which is a dual output jack) should work.

Well, you said "mini-optical," no? Reasonable you might be referring to optical. :wink: One last hope for TOSlink lost. Oh well. And out of curiosity why exactly wouldn't the MB analog out work? What exactly is being tested or the news here? 

Jan 4, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #1,714 of 2,681

Quote:
Quote:

Well, you said "mini-optical," no? Reasonable you might be referring to optical. :wink: One last hope for TOSlink lost. Oh well. And out of curiosity why exactly wouldn't the MB analog out work? What exactly is being tested or the news here? 

Hmmm....blessingx, that is a good question....for some reason any pages ago, I was told that the analog out would not work, I forgot the reason why....I've asked JHA if they can confirm that it DOES...

I am hoping to get rid of the HiFace in the chain.

Jan 4, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #1,715 of 2,681
Of course analog is going to work... That's what they did at CanJam, and we fully expect it to be in the finished product.

But what we really want is a digital input for the 3A. USB and SPDIF coax seem to be the only options.

I'm seriously thinking of a HiFace, but the flakiness of the drivers on the Mac platform have me thinking twice. Anyone have an M2Tech experience on Mac? I have a thread over here asking about it.

Jan 4, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #1,716 of 2,681

Yeah, I also wonder about flaky drivers on the HiFace.  Nothing is more aggravating than something causing your computer to crash when listneing to music.  I notice that almost everyday there a few for sale on audiogon....so maybe they aren't as great as they are hyped up to be?

For me, I haven't really found a night and day diffrence between asynch and regular USB implementations on DACs.  On my PWD + bridge, I find that the bass gets tighter and more refined while the trebble isn't as glarry using the bridge.  However, I don't find these changes to be dealbreakers when using the USB.  With that said, I'll probably just hook up my JH-3A through usb to my MBP and be happy with it.  A well mastered 16/44 cd sounds every bit as good as a 24/96 album....plus there isn't much good and worthwile 24/96 content out there as of right now.

Quote:
Of course analog is going to work... That's what they did at CanJam, and we fully expect it to be in the finished product.

But what we really want is a digital input for the 3A. USB and SPDIF coax seem to be the only options.

I'm seriously thinking of a HiFace, but the flakiness of the drivers on the Mac platform have me thinking twice. Anyone have an M2Tech experience on Mac? I have a thread over here asking about it.

Jan 4, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #1,717 of 2,681
i dont remember - have we established what kind of case is gonna come with this thing?
is it going to hold everything?  the amp, the cords, the IEM's..  maybe even the power plug?
dont most JH products come with some kind of otterbox?

by the way... ya'll have probably seen this, as its old, but if you have found yourself getting doubtful about the JH3A, articles like this are always helpful to re-read :wink:

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/canjam2010/1.html  - you have to scroll down a bit...

Jan 4, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #1,718 of 2,681
BR: Great question, I was also thinking about box and I see two possibilities. It will come in that carbon box or they will have some box specialy for JH-3a( but maybe just some basic box made of paper/plastic). I dont thnik they will use otterbox, because then they will have to make some foam padding into it. And I hope they will not just wrap it in bubble wrap and thow it into ups box.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 4, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #1,719 of 2,681
Quote:
Some of these posts are just insane. Repeat after me, fruitcake and ale, fruitcake and ale....
The only cause of delay now would be something wrong with the production units arriving next week.  Cross your fingers.  Can't wait till maxjam loses the bet.

given his trolling to the nth degree, in a couple of different threads, he may at some point, lose more than some inane bet, but more significantly his ability to post here!

any chance we can all sit back and just wait for the units to actually arrive (i doubt it, but it'd sure be nice!), unless there are some truly useful, productive, informative things to post. it not only is a waste of bandwidth, and readers' time, but it makes it hard to locate useful and useable info...

Quote:
Br777 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif
by the way... ya'll have probably seen this, as its old, but if you have found yourself getting doubtful about the JH3A, articles like this are always helpful to re-read :wink:
http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/canjam2010/1.html  - you have to scroll down a bit...

this link doesn't seem to work.

Jan 4, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #1,721 of 2,681

Quote:
You need this one

sorry to keep grinding on this, but after exaustive searching, it seems that what you have in your picture is a digital coax to "stereo" 3.5mm cable, and these are reeeeeally hard to find.
but the more i looked, the more i found that the reason they are so rare is b/c you actually are supposed to use a digital coax to "mono" 3.5mm cable because since its a digital signal, it will be turned back into stereo via...well the dac i guess..
is this correct.. do i need a coax to mono 3.5 in order to run digital from my computer to the jh3a?
it would almost seem in that case that the quality may be better running usb?
any thoughts anyone?

Jan 4, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #1,723 of 2,681
I was able to order the appropriate cable from Blue Jeans Cable, right here: http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/digital-audio/index.htm

Jan 4, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #1,725 of 2,681
Look closer. You can set the connectors dropdown to mini 1/8" to RCA.

Edit: Ah, but yea, only for one type of cable. Here's what I ordered: Belden 1505F Coaxial Digital Audio Cable, 4 foot, mini 1/8 to RCA, Black (26.00)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back