JH Audio JH-3A
Jan 4, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #1,727 of 2,681
SPDIF is the protocol being used over the wire. Yes it will run over the wire we're talking about with and RCA termination on one end, and an 1/8" (minijack) on the other.

Jan 4, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #1,728 of 2,681
What I'm wondering is does anyone know for sure that it will be 1/8" SPDIF on the jh3a? Because if I remember from seeing it at can jam isn't the 1/8" jack on the front for analog input and the RCA SPDIF is on the back with the USB

Jan 4, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #1,729 of 2,681
I ordered from them and didn't even see it.  Darn. 

Quote:
Look closer. You can set the connectors dropdown to mini 1/8" to RCA.

Edit: Ah, but yea, only for one type of cable. Here's what I ordered: Belden 1505F Coaxial Digital Audio Cable, 4 foot, mini 1/8 to RCA, Black (26.00)

Jan 4, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #1,730 of 2,681

Quote:
AWhat I'm wondering is does anyone know for sure that it will be 1/8" SPDIF on the jh3a? Because if I remember from seeing it at can jam isn't the 1/8" jack on the front for analog input and the RCA SPDIF is on the back with the USB

im not sure if anyone knows... i thought somewhere in this thread someone said that the front input was for both spdif and analog.. i dont even know if thats possible though.

Jan 4, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #1,731 of 2,681

Quote:
What I'm wondering is does anyone know for sure that it will be 1/8" SPDIF on the jh3a? Because if I remember from seeing it at can jam isn't the 1/8" jack on the front for analog input and the RCA SPDIF is on the back with the USB

Yes, we are fully expecting to see a minijack that supports both an analog signal (that will be converted to digital before the DSP, of course) and a SPDIF digital coax signal. The input will accept either.

Jan 5, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #1,733 of 2,681
Does someone who uses the facebooks want to ask about the connectors? Seems it's best way to get answers from them.

Jan 5, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #1,735 of 2,681
Ric for the cable just call Blue Jean Cables and ask for a digital cable terminated in an RCA or (bnc if you have that option) and 1/8 inch. I already asked and it is no problem for them to crank these out.

Moon Audio is a great choice and Drew I'm sure has or can hook up with Jerry on this to make sure it is correct.  I'd also recommend his cable other all others if you are going after market on the cable. Not sure if he has cooked up anything yet but his silver dragon iem cable is the best built of the bunch and sounds great.

Jan 5, 2011 at 7:09 AM Post #1,736 of 2,681
I agree that the mini end of the two cables pictured above have the wrong plug for coaxial use. It should be a mono mini plug. Here is the picture of the RCA to mini adaptor that Headroom sells for coaxial input with the Microdacs:

Jan 5, 2011 at 9:30 AM Post #1,738 of 2,681
Quote:
Oh, so, plug must be mono. Why then is moon audio selling cable with stereo?

That I do not know. Coaxial is a two wire system, as is an RCA plug.

(Just speculation: If you wired a stereo plug so that only the tip and inner ring are used, i.e. the middle ring is dead, that might also function in a mini-coaxial jack. It's not the correct plug but if it does the job...)

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #1,739 of 2,681
I just got off the phone with JH Audio (Jamie and Jerry), and they confirmed a couple things of note: (1) they should have their first shipment in in about a week and a half, and (2) the usb port WILL be, according to them, a DAC input (i.e., should work directly with ipad and computers and no need for usb to SPDIF converter like the HiFace).  I just converted my IEM only order to a package with the JH3A on that news.

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #1,740 of 2,681
Are there final dimensions of the amp/dac box? JH received my earmolds for a pair of JH16s recently. I had settled on those over the JH3A as the demo boxes that have been pictured have been too big for pocketing. If that changed recently I'd really like to change my order...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back