JH Audio JH-3A
Dec 31, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #1,666 of 2,681
son of  a !  im gonna be leaving the country for 2 months right when these things ship.  oh the agony!
I may have to see if they will ship to mexico. though that makes me reeeeeeeeeeeeally nervous.

Dec 31, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #1,667 of 2,681

Quote:
Small update, production units arrive 2nd week of January and should be shipped out then.  Also I am told the mini-optical out from my MBP should *just* work with the JH3A (no need for the HiFace which will be god sent since the damn driver panics enough to really piss me off). 

I asked Jerry directly if he could please test direct connecting the MBP with the JH3A when the production units arrive.

I am seriously stoked...

Happy New Year Everyone!

PS I too am out of this thread till the week of the 10th.  See you then.

Thanks for the update.  I was also stressed about the HiFace OSX driver that I sold it and got the Sonic Diverter to perform the same function at 8 times the cost, but at least it is capable of using the native drivers.  Despite the cost, I highly recommend it.  Supports Amarra and plays nicely with my Zodiac+.

Nevertheless, if I understand correctly, you will need a MiniPlug to MiniPlug optical cable to connect the JH-3A to the MBP?  SysConcept sells one like that in 1,300 strand version with the following part number:  [size=medium](M2M-P-X) = $17.19USD[/size]

Dec 31, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #1,669 of 2,681
This is really great news for Iriver H1XX owners ! ( the optical in option )

Though the Fiio X3 has is expected to bring a affordable digital coax out ! Bu still the ease to use of Iriver + its battery life makes it this NEWS great !

Jan 1, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #1,670 of 2,681

This means we get an optical input!??!!? This is the first I've heard.

If true, this sucker would have USB, SPDIF, toslink optical, and analog for input options!

Well, toslink is spdif, but yea optical and coaxial spdif. :wink: This had been confirmed Trogdor? Assume this will be stable limited to 24/96?

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #1,671 of 2,681

Quote:

Well, toslink is spdif, but yea optical and coaxial spdif.
wink.gif
This had been confirmed Trogdor? Assume this will be stable limited to 24/96?

As usual, nothings been confirmed.  Your eggs haven't hatched yet guys so stop counting them.  Too much rumor hyping.  

Jan 1, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #1,672 of 2,681

Quote:
You are way better off with The Diverter than the optical from all of my a/b stuff.  No comparison.

I agree with you, but I don't always want to lug the Diverter and the Zodiac around and looking for a fallback configuration.  BTW, rumor has it that the new Diverter kicks butt even at Redbook.  Dammit!

Jan 1, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #1,674 of 2,681
The pace at which these DACs and USB/Spidf implementations get updated makes me realize why I just can't afford to invest in any of that stuff too seriously.  It is just such a bad investment when you compare to amps, turntables, proven headphones, etc., which don't get updated every 8-12 months.  I'm sure the diverter is great, but it's too hard to keep up with technology and DACs.  Also, what's up with the $1800 price tag of the new diverter...the Wavelink HS is said to be pretty darn amazing at $900...and I'm not sure how much better that is than the M2Tech Hiface...

Quote:
Quote:
You are way better off with The Diverter than the optical from all of my a/b stuff.  No comparison.

I agree with you, but I don't always want to lug the Diverter and the Zodiac around and looking for a fallback configuration.  BTW, rumor has it that the new Diverter kicks butt even at Redbook.  Dammit!

Jan 1, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #1,675 of 2,681
Well after much going back and forth i think i will finally pull the trigger monday on the jh16/jh3a combo. i will be keeping my original jh16's to use with all things not jh3a and will be using the jh3a setup with the new Algorythm Solo.

Jan 2, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #1,676 of 2,681

Quote:
Quote:

Well you can use the optical when out and about and the Diverter at home.

I knew that it was being updated last summer so it looks like the new model is being released.  I have had mine over a year, it is the second version, nothing that i have heard compares and i did a lot of a/b.  As far as the new one, i am not sure but Lee may have an upgrade path to earlier adaptors.  That is a big jump in price for sure but it is nice to have a computer as a high end music system in a way that works.

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #1,677 of 2,681

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well you can use the optical when out and about and the Diverter at home.

I knew that it was being updated last summer so it looks like the new model is being released.  I have had mine over a year, it is the second version, nothing that i have heard compares and i did a lot of a/b.  As far as the new one, i am not sure but Lee may have an upgrade path to earlier adaptors.  That is a big jump in price for sure but it is nice to have a computer as a high end music system in a way that works.

I agree. Regardless of what amp being used--JH3A or whatever--the source needs to be looked at first.  It's a serious investment because to get the most bang for the buck the new Diverter and the new Zodiac Gold should go together...not to speak of the digital cable upgrades. I may be selling my Locus Design Nucleus if the Cynosure proves to be noticeable superior along with the new Diverter.  I asked Craig for an evaluation copy of each and he will be sending both next week.  Too bad the JH-3A is not in the picture yet, but the SR71B is and the Zodiac+ will do as well.

ETA for the Gold version of the Zodiac is still 5+ weeks out and reportedly outperforms nearly everything else under $10K because of its superior clock implementation.  Ouch, I'm in trouble again....
eek.gif

Jan 2, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #1,678 of 2,681
Quote:
I agree. Regardless of what amp being used--JH3A or whatever--the source needs to be looked at first.  It's a serious investment because to get the most bang for the buck the new Diverter and the new Zodiac Gold should go together...not to speak of the digital cable upgrades. I may be selling my Locus Design Nucleus if the Cynosure proves to be noticeable superior along with the new Diverter.  I asked Craig for an evaluation copy of each and he will be sending both next week.  Too bad the JH-3A is not in the picture yet, but the SR71B is and the Zodiac+ will do as well.

ETA for the Gold version of the Zodiac is still 5+ weeks out and reportedly outperforms nearly everything else under $10K because of its superior clock implementation.  Ouch, I'm in trouble again....
eek.gif

I'm a little curious why you would need a diverter if you already have a Zodiac+?  Doesn't the zodiac already have an async usb input that is supposedly extremely good?  Isn't that exactly what the diverter also does?

Jan 2, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #1,679 of 2,681

Quote:
Well after much going back and forth i think i will finally pull the trigger monday on the jh16/jh3a combo. i will be keeping my original jh16's to use with all things not jh3a and will be using the jh3a setup with the new Algorythm Solo.

I went a slightly different route: I have the JH13s and decided to go with the JH16/JH-3A and to use the 13s with all things not JH-3A.  I too will use the Solo.........soon, I hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back