JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 11, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #9,271 of 10,747
Bear in mind their main customers are wealthier musicians who are spoilt and get what they want, when they want. $250 is hardly a dent to their finances.

Unfortunately, the same cannot always be said for us, audiophiles.

If their professionals it's a deduction, ie they will get almost half back in tax savings.

Understand. I guess I'm one of those audiophiles that would rather spend that cash on something like an upgraded cable. :D

Which reminds me, time to do some research and find one.

Jul 11, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #9,272 of 10,747
Quote:
Understand. I guess I'm one of those audiophiles that would rather spend that cash on something like an upgraded cable.
biggrin.gif

Which reminds me, time to do some research and find one.

You know, that's what I told myself ... during the first week of waiting. Then after that I was like, "damn.".
And as for cables, try plussoundaudio. Great quality and price (in comparison to twag cables).

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #9,273 of 10,747
I have plussound cables too.  I did not do any rush other than two day shipping.(about five different times of course.....)  Fit is perfect now but i hope they have a copy of the final impression/mod so when i need another it is a bit gentler. 

Jul 12, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #9,274 of 10,747
I will take a look at the plus sound cables, thanks for that.

Im currently using my e17 with my iPod Classic, but have been looking to upgrade. I would like something that will pair not only with my iPod, but my iPhone 5 as well. Any suggestions? I have been eyeing the Fostex HP-P1.

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #9,276 of 10,747
Quote:
I will take a look at the plus sound cables, thanks for that.

Im currently using my e17 with my iPod Classic, but have been looking to upgrade. I would like something that will pair not only with my iPod, but my iPhone 5 as well. Any suggestions? I have been eyeing the Fostex HP-P1.

I ordered a cable from chris_himself. He was very responsive and offered me a great deal, worth having a look. 

Also, look into the VentureCraft SounDroid Typhoon (http://www.head-fi.org/t/663590/venturcraft-soundroid-typhoon). It's being released tomorrow (I just got a confirmation email that mine has been shipped). 

1. iDevice Digital Connecting

2. DSD Playback
* 64DSD 88.2KHz/32bit

3. Real-Time High Res Upsampling
* Switchable between 48/96/192kHz 16/24/32bit 

4. Rollable (Socket) OpAmps 
* Mine will come with the MUSES01 but the default is the LME 49860

5. 3500mAh Large Battery
* iDevice charging is possible

6. Expandability
* Optical output / PC-DAC / Analog-line input / Optical input
* Mixing is also possible

7. Asynchronous Mode

It's made in Japan and cheaper than the HP-P1. For all intents and purposes, the HP-P1 is still a very solid contender, but as is the case with DACs/Audio gear/Electronics in general, these things become outdated quickly and certain components and functions will seem antiquated when compared with current offerings. 

Jul 13, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #9,278 of 10,747
Quote:
i just received a tracking number from fedex. :) ETA monday! cannot wait.

Quote:
Same batch i see. Hope we don't get any more delays. Also hoping for the perfect fit

Just got confirmation, ETA Monday as well! And since I'm a about half a day in front of you guys.... 
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #9,279 of 10,747
Tried lots of cables and whiplash cables are still the best imo.

Jul 13, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #9,280 of 10,747
Also, look into the VentureCraft SounDroid Typhoon (http://www.head-fi.org/t/663590/venturcraft-soundroid-typhoon
). It's being released tomorrow (I just got a confirmation email that mine has been shipped). 

It's made in Japan and cheaper than the HP-P1. For all intents and purposes, the HP-P1 is still a very solid contender, but as is the case with DACs/Audio gear/Electronics in general, these things become outdated quickly and certain components and functions will seem antiquated when compared with current offerings. 

Funny you mention the Typhoon, as I started looking into it after I made this post. I'll be looking forward to hearing your feedback on it.

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #9,281 of 10,747
Just received my jh13pro yesterday. I was a bit disappointed (well its iem what can i expect from it compares to headphones) but as I keep listening It is quite a impressive iem. Subbass and bass is extremely liner. although I find it has distanced mid but it capture all the details. Treble is there just right amount but I feel there is roll off around 14khz(still it is much better than akg k3003, ue 18pro, es5 etc)  

I would say its flat response iem with little bit of mid laid back

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #9,282 of 10,747
The mid picks up and they sound more extended as you play them. they settle after about 200 hours. Play them loud overnight and you'll already notice a change. These move pretty significantly for a critical listener. Mine are run in and I can tell you that every SPC or gold added cable I've tried has brought the mids too forward. Besides the stock cable, pure silver or copper seems better on these. I think you'll find them very evenly balanced over time, depending on how like your bass.

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #9,283 of 10,747
Quote:
The mid picks up and they sound more extended as you play them. they settle after about 200 hours. Play them loud overnight and you'll already notice a change. These move pretty significantly for a critical listener. Mine are run in and I can tell you that every SPC or gold added cable I've tried has brought the mids too forward. Besides the stock cable, pure silver or copper seems better on these. I think you'll find them very evenly balanced over time, depending on how like your bass.

I'm getting my JH16s in a week or two, do i have to burn them in too? ( In stock cable or aftermarket? because i just got a TWcu v3 for them)

Jul 14, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #9,285 of 10,747

Users who are viewing this thread

Back