JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Apr 27, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #7,996 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, any more experiences with these IEMs? They're taking a bit of a beating in the JH16s threads!!!

I would take those threads with a HUGE grain of salt. Maybe like a salt-lick.
tongue_smile.gif
These forums have always been about the latest new thing, and wildly exaggerating TINY differences. The JH13 has a huge bass response. The JH16 has slightly more. So now, all of a sudden, everyone is like "oh, the JH13s have absolutely no bass whatsoever." It's just absurd. But whatever, that's just part of the hobby. Some people need to justify their $350 cables and whatever...
atsmile.gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 5:22 AM Post #7,997 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue_smile.gif
These forums have always been about the latest new thing, and wildly exaggerating TINY differences. The JH13 has a huge bass response. The JH16 has slightly more. So now, all of a sudden, everyone is like "oh, the JH13s have absolutely no bass whatsoever." It's just absurd. But whatever, that's just part of the hobby. Some people need to justify their $350 cables and whatever...
atsmile.gif

+1

Apr 27, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #7,998 of 10,743
I auditioned the JH13 Pro's the other day and thought the amount of bass was just right. I wouldn't want more so I went for the 13's instead
happy_face1.gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #7,999 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue_smile.gif
atsmile.gif

+2

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #8,001 of 10,743
Couldn't agree more with grains of salt, salt licks, salt mines.....

No argument from me that the JH13s have bass in buckets and a few other large liquid vessels! I know know that Jerry Harvey has cautioned that not too much be made of the bass differences due to the two different 13 and 16 designs, and we need to remember that as we continue to talk about differences between the two.

Reviews like the one Jude did are much more balanced and thoughtful. We need this standard of review (not necessarily length) throughout rather than some of the strident opinions we hear from time to time. Enough of 13 vs. 16 wars!

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #8,002 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Couldn't agree more with grains of salt, salt licks, salt mines.....

No argument from me that the JH13s have bass in buckets and a few other large liquid vessels! I know know that Jerry Harvey has cautioned that not too much be made of the bass differences due to the two different 13 and 16 designs, and we need to remember that as we continue to talk about differences between the two.

Reviews like the one Jude did are much more balanced and thoughtful. We need this standard of review (not necessarily length) throughout rather than some of the strident opinions we hear from time to time. Enough of 13 vs. 16 wars!

Couldn't have said it better. The 13's has bass in spades. These 13s vs. 16's are leaving people thinking the 13's are bass deficient.

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #8,003 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic 748i /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Couldn't have said it better. The 13's has bass in spades. These 13s vs. 16's are leaving people thinking the 13's are bass deficient.

Didn't Jude prefer the 16s to the 13s because of the better bass?

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #8,004 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didn't Jude prefer the 16s to the 13s because of the better bass?

The bass isn't better, it's just more pronounced leading you to hear more details. Louder always sounds better when comparing things sometimes. But, I'm going with Jerry Harvey, the man behind the creation of these wonderful sounding speakers. Here's what he has to say:

"The 16 isn’t offering better sound. The biggest difference is going to be in the low end. The 16 is more bass heavy than the 13. But as far as detail goes, it’s just as good as the 13."

Apr 29, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #8,005 of 10,743
Coming from a non-audiophile, I'd say that the bass is great. Even from a poor source, like Dredg's Leitmotif, a poor recording (and my files for that album are in 128 on top of that) the bass sounds great. I love these things, they just get a little uncomfortable sometimes.

Apr 29, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #8,006 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by abinge05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Coming from a non-audiophile, I'd say that the bass is great. Even from a poor source, like Dredg's Leitmotif, a poor recording (and my files for that album are in 128 on top of that) the bass sounds great. I love these things, they just get a little uncomfortable sometimes.

if they get uncomfortable, that probably means that you've got a fit issue
redface.gif
i've worn mine for 8-10 hours straight with no discomfort at all, cant even tell they're there at all

Apr 29, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #8,007 of 10,743
Yea, I'm waiting until i get home from school in a little over a week to get new molds taken. I've had one refit so I probably had a poor mold taken. I'm about a 45 minute commute to grand central so I'll just go to one of the audiologists that they recommend in the city.

Apr 29, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #8,008 of 10,743
Guys. JH-13 has just arrived. ... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprised since I didn't receive an in the lab notice, they just appeared on my front door, took 10 days from when I got ear molds received notice, with 1-day shipping.

CURRENTLY LISTENING NAOOOO

I think fit is off on left though :X

They look awesome, I will post a pic soon.

edit: Took the pic! It's clear with JHAUDIO etched only

5oh9qd.jpg

Apr 30, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #8,009 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by BaboonGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys. JH-13 has just arrived. ... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprised since I didn't receive an in the lab notice, they just appeared on my front door, took 10 days from when I got ear molds received notice, with 1-day shipping.

CURRENTLY LISTENING NAOOOO

I think fit is off on left though :X

They look awesome, I will post a pic soon.

edit: Took the pic! It's clear with JHAUDIO etched only

http://i39.tinypic.com/5oh9qd.jpg[IMG][/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Congrats!

Apr 30, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #8,010 of 10,743
Hmm... the fit is definitely way off on the left side.

So when I send it back for a refit, do I have to tell them anything (other than it's the left side)? I'm not really sure, it just seems too big -- doesn't get in all the way, and pops out when I open my mouth when I do really push it in.

edit: I should note that I even went to one of their rockstar audiologists. Not saying it's the audiologist's fault but it might be useful info for some. It was Highline Audiology in Burien, Washington.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back