JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Apr 20, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #7,982 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it healthy to completely remove all the ear wax with those methods ?

I was wondering the same thing, your earwax really does serve a purpose in your ear, it's not just here to get your iems dirty. That's shy currently I just run water through them in the shower to get the excess earwax out. But I think I'm gonna look into it

Apr 20, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #7,983 of 10,747
I've found that bar soap works great for the ears.

Lather up your fingers, and wiggle them around in your ears...Not too deep of course.

Rinse, then feel how oil-free your ears have become. Dry with Q-Tips, and enjoy!

Apr 20, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #7,984 of 10,747
what thread is this again?

Apr 20, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #7,986 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it healthy to completely remove all the ear wax with those methods ?

Whaaaaat? Speak up!
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 20, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #7,988 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
come on guys, its not like i go licking off my amps to keep em clean lol

Why not? I bet it's not unheard of......sure beats wasting stuff like beer....

Apr 20, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #7,990 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by warp08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just use a dual-bladed lightsaber to clean out the earwax from both ears at the push of a button...
L3000.gif

25840_110623568976109_100000854005165_71731_4536323_n.jpg

Your the one using the Force 13's!
I commented on your 13's on the facebook site, and put where is the Millenium Falcon? lol

I guess they do sound out of this galaxy far, far away after all
bigsmile_face.gif

Dig the art Warp, sure you will turn some heads when wearing them on the go.

May the JH force be with you....
beerchug.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #7,991 of 10,747
I'm sitting here, memorized. The JH13 Pro's are just a amazing. From the beautifully textured, deep, tight and punchy bass to the rich and natural voices to the sweet, crisp and airy treble all presented in such a smooth and musical way. Even though I've had these for awhile now, they never ceased to amaze me. =)

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #7,992 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic 748i /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sitting here, memorized. The JH13 Pro's are just a amazing. From the beautifully textured, deep, tight and punchy bass to the rich and natural voices to the sweet, crisp and airy treble all presented in such a smooth and musical way. Even though I've had these for awhile now, they never ceased to amaze me. =)

+1, mine always amaze me
smily_headphones1.gif
specially with metal, i cant believe i ever listened to metal before this. So how do you think that the Protector balanced compares to the Rx single ended?

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:35 AM Post #7,993 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1, mine always amaze me
smily_headphones1.gif
specially with metal, i cant believe i ever listened to metal before this. So how do you think that the Protector balanced compares to the Rx single ended?

I'm getting my balanced cables next week by Tuesday. But, single ended only the ALO Rx trumps the Protector.

Apr 27, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #7,994 of 10,747
Nothing on these (other than in the JH16s threads) for over four days so here's a mini bump!

A couple of things (somewhat related) for me. Yesterday, roughing it winging over the Pacific to Honolulu from Los Angeles, I spent 5 hours with the JH13s attached (going from IEM to source) to TWag-->Shadow-->ALO mini-mini-->4G 60gb iMod listening to lossless classical music, and had some mixed experiences with the bass. Not so much its presence or absence or its tonal or depth/breadth qualities, but rather how much at times the bass became so dominant when it should be more balanced, to the point it became a distraction to the rest of the music. I could give numerous examples, but I worry at times that the capacity of the JH13s to draw out the bass can be at times too much. Granted this could be due to what the recording engineers finally decided upon. I mean there are times with pizzicato double bass or a bass drum when I am absolutely flawed how much these IEMS can transmit in terms of bass sound, sometimes spot on, others a bit too much. Insane! Not much less than a really good speaker!

The second peripherally related issue is that as plane time increased, along with alcohol consumption, isolation also increased (allowing more bass to come through), and I began to wonder if I still have fit issues and need some fine tuning of the canals. (They've already been back three times for acrylic applications with gradual improvement in fit.) On days leading up to my trip, I was still having some trouble with both ears: the right, the seal would pop once in a while; and on the left, the isolation was less. But, not yesterday, three hours into the flight!

A word of caution, but probably obvious to the wise, seasoned and experienced, it's likely a good idea to take out the IEMs before the plane begins to descend. I was so "isolated" that I could not hear the pitch in the engines change. As a s result, I left in the IEMs almost until we had to turn off electronic equipment and I had some pretty blocked ears...nothing that a large wad of gum and more alcohol didn't eventually clear!

So, any more experiences with these IEMs? They're taking a bit of a beating in the JH16s threads!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back