JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Mar 25, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #7,846 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tamiya clear glossy acrylic model paint should work well.

yeah i thought about using acrylic paint, but i didnt want my noob hands to make it look unprofessional, or potentially screw it up, so i decided since they werent charging me for the real deal, id just mail them away for one last time. since my fit is finally good to go
smily_headphones1.gif
hopefully ill have them back by thursday next week and be good to go, with smudge proof circa themed JH-13
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #7,847 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i told the story of Jerry harvey like 5 times
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jerry Harvey? Who's that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The guy that invented custom IEMs, started ultimate ears, and now runs JHaudio.

I was kidding!
tongue.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #7,849 of 10,747
FortisFlyer,

Shame....Another wait. Thanks for the link. Jude does a good review. From what I read the 16 would seem to be up my street as long as they are not so bulky as the UE18's. I'll update you when I get to hear them.

Mar 25, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #7,850 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Perseus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FortisFlyer,

Shame....Another wait. Thanks for the link. Jude does a good review. From what I read the 16 would seem to be up my street as long as they are not so bulky as the UE18's. I'll update you when I get to hear them.

Yes... the wait is killing me!
Yes, i think Jude seems to have a reputation for impartial spot on reviews which is why so many are eager for his reports on the 16's or the 13's.

Good as Jude is I still need to re assure myself though all the same for that amount of money as it is only me that will know by listening to them both which i will prefer at the end of the day, it is frustrating as if i wanted i could just said sod it - go with the 13's i could be down there tomorrow!, so it is an agonizing wait as my next available time to get to HHA is end of April and after talking to Zac today about final design choices for my face plates he said the 16 demos should be there at HHA next week sometime! Gutted ; (

So yes it will be interesting to hear what you think on the 16 demos if you go down there before i do (30th April).

Keep me updated on your progress Perseus, look forward to it.....
wink_face.gif

k701smile.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #7,851 of 10,747
Shameless plug for the Montreal meet next weekend:

IMG_3960.jpg

For Montreal folks, perhaps your only chance to audition these phones without buying them. Plus you get the chance to hear a bunch of other cool phones and meet good people. How's that?
cool.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #7,856 of 10,747
pics are a bit poor in quality

1269646288.jpg

1269646316.jpg

Mar 27, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #7,857 of 10,747
Question to all you JH-13 owners - is it possible to get a very comfortable fit, a good seal, and yet have the angle of the tubes be off? Perhaps because the impressions were too short?

Because I'm feeling like the highs are not terribly crisp or detailed or shimmery. Bass is incredible - I frankly can't imagine liking the JH16's if they have even MORE bass than this - but the clarity is a bit lacking in the upper end. Not as sparkly as I've heard. But if I push at them in certain ways, it gets a lot better. Could the angle be off? Anyone heard of such a thing?

Mar 27, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #7,858 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question to all you JH-13 owners - is it possible to get a very comfortable fit, a good seal, and yet have the angle of the tubes be off? Perhaps because the impressions were too short?

Because I'm feeling like the highs are not terribly crisp or detailed or shimmery. Bass is incredible - I frankly can't imagine liking the JH16's if they have even MORE bass than this - but the clarity is a bit lacking in the upper end. Not as sparkly as I've heard. But if I push at them in certain ways, it gets a lot better. Could the angle be off? Anyone heard of such a thing?

See the PM I sent you. I think Fisher didn't re-shell them properly/deep enough from what you wrote in the PM. You gave me more details than you supplied here, which might help others giving advice.

Mar 27, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #7,859 of 10,747
Thanks - yeah, I didn't want to bother everyone with some super long post. But basically, it feels like I want to turn up the treble. I'm pretty certain it's a fit issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back