JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Feb 24, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #7,591 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well currently I have the JH5's, so I am not sure if throwing down $300 is worth it for an aftermarket cable, it almost surpasses the price of the 5's ($400)

Oh okay. But why is the TWAG cable the only one on whiplashaudio.com??

Headphone & Portable Cables

TWag cable is absolutely worth the money but like you said I'm not sure if there is going to be same benefits for JH5s. Craig once said that the cable would work very well with Triple.Fi also, so I don't see why JH5 wouldn't work. I guess best bet would be to contact Craig.

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:55 AM Post #7,592 of 10,743
Quote:

Well currently I have the JH5's, so I am not sure if throwing down $300 is worth it for an aftermarket cable, it almost surpasses the price of the 5's ($400)

Oh okay. But why is the TWAG cable the only one on whiplashaudio.com??

Headphone & Portable Cables

Im not gonna say it wouldnt make a difference, cuase im sure it would, and for the better. But i will say that if you were willing to spend the extra money it would have been better to buy a 700 dollar earphone from jh rather than the jh-5, but hindsight's always in 20-20 they say.

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #7,594 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just remember that once you get the cable, you can use it with your UM customs, JH16s, UE18s, etc. It's not just a one shot deal.

Not everyone has several customs to switch in-between.
frown.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #7,595 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

Not everyone has a custom period.
frown.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 7:08 AM Post #7,596 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

True, but after that review for the enw sensaphonics, im thinking about getting those as well, i really want to see what a solicone custom feels like.

Or maybe seeing if ACS would do a remold for my jh-13s....

Feb 24, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #7,597 of 10,743
SoupRKnowva mate - even if they did I'm not sure, given how soft the silicone is, whether it would be a good idea. The JH13s have a lot of hardware rammed into that little shell - it'd be precarious.

For what it's worth, the comfort of the silicon is phenomenal. I love my T1s and even now I have some JH13s I've kind of tested and am thinking of remoulding, I still find myself coming back to them. It's a quandary because I get sent a lot of music from mates and the quality of the rip isn't always up to scratch. The T1s, while revealing, aren't as harsh on a sub-320kbps rip as the JH13s seem to be.

Onsome songs though, the quality shines through, even though the mould isn't my own ear.

Feb 24, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #7,598 of 10,743
Quick question - are the JH13s generally a little 'quieter' than other monitors? I find that my volume is about a third of the way up for my T1s before it's too loud, whereas for the JH13s (in a quiet room) the volume needs to be about 2/3 of the maximum. That's with me wrapping my 'pinnas' (ear lugs) round the monitor to create the equivalent of a full seal.

Is that normal?

Feb 24, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #7,599 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SoupRKnowva mate - even if they did I'm not sure, given how soft the silicone is, whether it would be a good idea. The JH13s have a lot of hardware rammed into that little shell - it'd be precarious.

For what it's worth, the comfort of the silicon is phenomenal. I love my T1s and even now I have some JH13s I've kind of tested and am thinking of remoulding, I still find myself coming back to them. It's a quandary because I get sent a lot of music from mates and the quality of the rip isn't always up to scratch. The T1s, while revealing, aren't as harsh on a sub-320kbps rip as the JH13s seem to be.

Onsome songs though, the quality shines through, even though the mould isn't my own ear.

I just really want to feel that silicone comfort though lol so maybe in a couple years when i would need a remold anyways ill email acs to see if they would even do it.

And for the other question, the acs's are just more sensitive, nothin particularly weird about that though.

Feb 24, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #7,600 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifidk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TWag cable is absolutely worth the money but like you said I'm not sure if there is going to be same benefits for JH5s. Craig once said that the cable would work very well with Triple.Fi also, so I don't see why JH5 wouldn't work. I guess best bet would be to contact Craig.

yeah it is a lot to throw down, maybe i can put the money toward 13's instead
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im not gonna say it wouldnt make a difference, cuase im sure it would, and for the better. But i will say that if you were willing to spend the extra money it would have been better to buy a 700 dollar earphone from jh rather than the jh-5, but hindsight's always in 20-20 they say.

Yeah that is why I was thinking of getting maybe the enyo cable from null audio, i could get the purple one to match my customs... hehehehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not everyone has a custom period.
frown.gif

awwww
triportsad.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #7,601 of 10,743
Quote:

yeah it is a lot to throw down, maybe i can put the money toward 13's instead
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah that is why I was thinking of getting maybe the enyo cable from null audio, i could get the purple one to match my customs... hehehehe

awwww
triportsad.gif

Even if you do get them for the JH5's now, when you do upgrade to the JH13's later, you can use it on them too. You'll even have a spare cable.

Feb 24, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #7,602 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben4345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even if you do get them for the JH5's now, when you do upgrade to the JH13's later, you can use it on them too. You'll even have a spare cable.

ooooh that is a very good point
smily_headphones1.gif
i like the idea... hmmmm

gotta start saving...

Feb 25, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #7,603 of 10,743
So I think I might need a refit on the left ear piece. Today I got this painful popping feeling when I took them out of my ear. Then it popped again when I yawned.

Is my problem that the IEM is too large and is stuffing itself into my ear canal or is this just an anomaly.

I remember reading someone else had this same experience, no? How did that get resolved.

Feb 25, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #7,604 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoNB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I think I might need a refit on the left ear piece. Today I got this painful popping feeling when I took them out of my ear. Then it popped again when I yawned.

Is my problem that the IEM is too large and is stuffing itself into my ear canal or is this just an anomaly.

I remember reading someone else had this same experience, no? How did that get resolved.

did you have a cold/flu or sinus infection recently?

Feb 26, 2010 at 5:43 AM Post #7,605 of 10,743
Just got my shipment notification. They got my UE-11's to scan on Tuesday, and now they are shipping the 13's two days later, now thats a nice turn around!
icon10.gif
I think Tuesday is going to be a very good day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back