JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Feb 22, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #7,576 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1) The art has indeed tremendously improved, if they can do that.

2) It's awwwdoraaable!

Yeah I believe the artwork in the past was all painted by hand and for that, the artwork was actually pretty damned good. Now I believe they have a nice printer and somehow print/scan the image onto the phones.

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #7,577 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! that artwork is amazing!!

did they start using a new method? Most artwork I have seen from JH has looked sub part but that is outstanding!
smily_headphones1.gif

is the twag cable really worth the $300?

No idea, I just convinced myself I needed it because of what others have reviewed. Just like with high end wine, I'm not sure if I have the ability to tell the difference, hopefully so.

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #7,578 of 10,743
best artwork I've seen on JH customs yet. Zac is godlike

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #7,579 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I to am deciding wether it be the 13's or 16's now
confused_face_2.gif
, but i won't be getting my impressions done until late Match where my UK JHA dealer has the demo 13's and said he should have the 16 demos in from JHA by then to compare, so cannot wait to see which one i will prefer before puting in my order.
Will be interesting to see what you think of the 16's when you get them even though you will not have a direct comaprison to the 13's.

By the way the art work is Awesome, and is a fast imnprovement on what i have seen for intricate detail so far and is as good as that specail JHA lady that was a few posts back. I bet you are chuffed with those pics and cannot wait to actually see them in the flesh now (as well as listen to them!)..

I think they must have some new method for that amount of detail that sharp and clear artwork is just what looks like to be the icing on the cake now to compliment a what is a fine bit of earphone engineering
normal_smile .gif

I would take a guess at yes it is worth it... even if it is not a huge difference in improvement in sound quality percentage wise i would say after spending $1,100 buck on the 13's then to get a bt more from these already good sounding customs then the upgrade has gotta be worth it even @ $300?.

Like the hi-fi seperate's philosophy of spending a tenth of your equipment cost in value on cable's. Admittidely this is a bit more fraction wise in investment of cable to equipment ratio, but i think there will be only one way to find out for sure which is to open that wallet again ~ oh no! that plastic has melted!
biggrin.gif

I am going to enjoy the stock cable for a whiile when i do finally get my 13's or 16's so i can get a customed to the sound well enough before ordering a tWag cable and then hopefully benifit & enljoy from the improvement of the tWag.

Anyway guys, back to the artwork suddenly taken a step up in quality for whatever reason i suppose this would be possible now as i was contemplating this orignally, and now after seeing frgus amazing piece of art on his 16's and the cool detaled JHA flying lady i finally think i could have this done:

It is from a disbanded 80-90's English rock band i used to be into, Little Angels and always liked the artwork to this (one of many devil artworks they had done), wanted to get this as a Tattoo but am a bit of a woz and can't take the pain factor so may have this on my 13's/16's instead on one side with the JHA logo and lady on the other?
Oh yes, the pic is scanned from a 7' single with a hole in the middle and i do have a proper pic of it!

Sorry for all the posts, I can't multitask right now.

FortisFlyer75,

Just send Zac an email with that image, the better the quality the better it will come out so try to find a high end graphic if possible. You can email the artwork to the artwork email address on their website. He worked with me for about a week getting it just like I wanted. He really went above and beyond what I wanted and can't wait to get them.

***Multi tasking happening***

wharfrat1

I am like you in the music dept however I do listen to some electronica. I guess I am just not enough of an audiophile to really be able to distinguish some of these minor artifacts on recordings or where the slight 2db bump will make much of a diff for me. Besides having an extra bump in the bass is good for those less puchy phil shows. Now the waiting is the hardest part. I could switch to 13's and have in a few days, this keeps egging me on.

Anyway, patience is virtue and I feel now that I will be rewarded for my patience.

Little devil on shoulder says, maybe you'd like the 13's better.

Feb 23, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #7,582 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does text come out well in in artwork? (i.e. title part of an album cover art)

Yes. I got text (JH13 and my name) and it came out great!

Feb 23, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #7,583 of 10,743
@Musicmetal. Can you post pics?

Feb 23, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #7,584 of 10,743
I have read about the SSCag and Twag cable..

what is the difference? on the site that has the twag (don't remember who the sponsor is) i couldn't find the scag but I found the twag. can anyone clear this up for me?

@MusicalMetal420
please post pictures?

Feb 23, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #7,585 of 10,743
Quasp is an MOT and I just received his version of the TWAG cable called the SCSAg cable and I couldn't be any happier with it. I highly recommend his cable. You can contact him thru this forumn or PM me for his email address. Please drop my name if you do contact him.

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #7,586 of 10,743
Quote:

I have read about the SSCag and Twag cable..

what is the difference? on the site that has the twag (don't remember who the sponsor is) i couldn't find the scag but I found the twag. can anyone clear this up for me?

SCSCag is solid silver wire, TWag is stranded and more expensive
smile.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #7,587 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SCSCag is solid silver wire & TWag is stranded
smile.gif

Well currently I have the JH5's, so I am not sure if throwing down $300 is worth it for an aftermarket cable, it almost surpasses the price of the 5's ($400)

Oh okay. But why is the TWAG cable the only one on whiplashaudio.com??

Headphone & Portable Cables

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #7,588 of 10,743
Quote:

Well currently I have the JH5's, so I am not sure if throwing down $300 is worth it for an aftermarket cable, it almost surpasses the price of the 5's ($400)

Oh okay. But why is the TWAG cable the only one on whiplashaudio.com??

Headphone & Portable Cables

Not sure, best bet is to email Craig directly to find out. He can accommodate all budgets!

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #7,589 of 10,743
I think the answer is that Craig i.e. Whiplash, has exclusive rights to the wire used in his TWAG cable. At least that is my understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back