JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Feb 18, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #7,546 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundBite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry if this has already been said, but I just got my JH-13s and I'm excited. I sent Jerry Harvey my audiologist's report and my JH-13 Pro's were tuned to my exact hearing loss. They work GREAT!! They fit great, sound great. With hearing aids, my hearing is "perfect". Now my portable sound is great too!!! (I'm using an iPod Classic 160GB, and an ALO amp with the the ALO LOD).

Oh wow, i didnt know they would do that, thats really cool, jerry harvey's the best

Feb 18, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #7,547 of 10,743
Yes, JHA are amazing and I am glad to see this thread still getting the attention it deserves after a long slowdown since introduction of the 16 and 18. Excellent earphones and I am sure they are only getting better in the lab with new phones. Well done.

Feb 18, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #7,549 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoNB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reshelled????

They will be eventually, yeah. Although the seller had smaller inner ears than I do, and I was able to trial them last night in a nice silent and darkened room whilst getting a contrived seal... and on certain songs they blew me away. Sufjan Stevens' "Illinoise" revealed layers of depth that I never knew were there, and I kept jolting my head round because I felt like I was hearing noises in the room at unexpected times. But the room was empty, and I was just hearing things in the recordings I hadn't heard before, even with the T1.

I can't wait to hear what they sound like with a proper custom fit seal. As people had said, you can really feel the fine texture on the instrumentation. The bass isn't just bass - you can differentiate the finest qualities and hear harmonics - it's amazing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #7,550 of 10,743
Sorry guys but,
Hey this thread is like the Amazon man it just goes on and on, so any chance some one out there can fill me in on JH13 with Twag cables sound?
Also Is this the best combo for em?

Feb 18, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #7,553 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebhuber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can somebody please help me. I lost my wax cleaning tool and can't find any suppliers in the UK. Does anyone know a place where they are sold?
frown.gif

Did you ask JH Audio? I'm sure they'd ship you one for a small fee.

Feb 19, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #7,555 of 10,743
Feb 19, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #7,557 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebhuber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks! I have noticed that UE is selling it as well. JH has it in their web store, so does Westone. Shipping is too expensive though, therefore I am looking for something in the UK

Can't they just ship it in a mail envelope if you ask them? I would cost next to nothing.

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #7,559 of 10,743
I'm wondering if anybody else has had similar fit issues as I have been experiencing.

The left earpiece has always been perfect, so perfect in fact, that it exaggerates any issues in the right one! The right one though, has been a big problem.

First I sent the right earpiece back to get the ear-canal part enlarged because I couldn’t achieve a decent seal. When I got them back they were much better but then I noticed I wasn’t hearing all the upper frequencies properly. It turned out they were built wrong and one of sound bores was facing my ear-canal and blocking out some of the sound.

Zac said I should send in a new impression of my right ear and my right earpiece and they’ll remake it completely. So I did that, and I received the remade one, but first of all I noticed the artwork was damaged. Zac said they didn’t touch the artwork because they just ‘take it off’ of the old one and don’t need to remake it. Whatever, that doesn’t really bother me too much.

What bothers me was that although the problem of hearing the upper frequencies was solved, the sound is now completely unbalanced. Similar to if you took a pair of speakers and put them at your side facing each ear but at completely different heights. I can move the earpieces around and position them perfectly for a bit – pure bliss – but they never stays like that for long.

I spent a grand on these things so I’m not gonna give up, I’m gonna go get another set of impressions done and see what happens. But I was wondering if anyone else has had issues similar and can offer some advice/insight/words of encouragement!

Feb 19, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #7,560 of 10,743
Bummer!! Don't give up. Send in the new impressions and take it from there. JH will most certainly fix your problem. Their customer service is next to none.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back