JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 24, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #6,841 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! that's your 7th now? You really got some patience. I had the same issue of right stem being longer on my last refit. That was quite easy to fix. All I had to do is to use two different fine grades of sandpapaer to sand it down. Polish it with polishing compound. I am sure they use the special tool to trim it but the outcome looks exactly same to me (I've had them shorten my stems before so I'd know).

What kind of polishing compound did you use?

Dec 24, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #6,842 of 10,743
I actually applied the scratch remover and then polish coumpound.

novuspolish
Flitz - Flitz Polish - Liquid

The end product should look like this, exactly same as the ones I got from JHA (I mean refit version with trimmed stems).

2dtroso.jpg

It's just me..I didn't want to waste nearly two week for this. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, just send it back to JHA.
I don't want people going~ oh you ruined my life with your bad advise..
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 25, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #6,843 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually applied the scratch remover and then polish coumpound.

novuspolish
Flitz - Flitz Polish - Liquid

The end product should look like this, exactly same as the ones I got from JHA (I mean refit version with trimmed stems).

2dtroso.jpg

It's just me..I didn't want to waste nearly two week for this. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, just send it back to JHA.
I don't want people going~ oh you ruined my life with your bad advise..
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice Work!!

The loose issue might from the adapting of your canal. I seen lots of people have this fit issue although they got a fit at the first time.

So for my refit, i've told them to make me a bit tighter. Less comfort for a short period but i think this will fine for a long run.

Dec 25, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #6,844 of 10,743
JH suggests Sonus - how many of you actually did your impressions with Sonus? Would it be alright just to have impressions done with a UE-recommended audiologist? (friend of friend).

Dec 25, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #6,845 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bína /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine is exactly same. Maybe they just prefere refits, and new customs just must wait after Christmas. So we can anticipate ours will be shipped on something as 6-8 of January.

I can't believe they actually prefer refits on newcomers but if that's the thing it's too bad for them.

Dec 25, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #6,846 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by yossi126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe they actually prefer refits on newcomers but if that's the thing it's too bad for them.

Well, if you are waiting for a refit for a few months cos they are more interested in taking more customers and maximizing profits, would you be happy?

Dec 25, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #6,848 of 10,743
Quote:

I believe the reason why refits are generally done faster is because most of the time they just add layers to the canal and the process is much faster. If a remold is required as a refit remedy, it usually takes longer.

Dec 25, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #6,849 of 10,743
Quote:

I can understand frustrated customers, but the company can't hold it's growth because of fault products.
Not saying that it can't happen to me as well.

I'd hardly call it a faulty product. I consider this similar to ordering a tailor-made suit: going back for multiple refits until it's perfect is par for the course, to be expected when purchasing a high-end personalized product.

Dec 25, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #6,850 of 10,743
Ahh I'm so frustrated, the drivers of one of my JH13 monitors went loose and the sound was affected (one of the drivers is moving inside the monitor!).And worst of all they won't be back till January 3 which means I'll be without my JH13's for a month. Life is so hard.

I hope they fix them without any cost, I think the guarantee is for one year? also how long is the turnaround time nowadays?

Also I don't know if I have to send an ear impression along with the damaged monitor, that would make it more expensive. I hope they can do it alright (I currently have a perfect fit) without an impression.

Dec 25, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #6,852 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahh I'm so frustrated, the drivers of one of my JH13 monitors went loose and the sound was affected (one of the drivers is moving inside the monitor!).And worst of all they won't be back till January 3 which means I'll be without my JH13's for a month. Life is so hard.

I hope they fix them without any cost, I think the guarantee is for one year? also how long is the turnaround time nowadays?

Also I don't know if I have to send an ear impression along with the damaged monitor, that would make it more expensive. I hope they can do it alright (I currently have a perfect fit) without an impression.

January 3rd is just over a week from now, why will it be a month?

Dec 25, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #6,853 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
January 3rd is just over a week from now, why will it be a month?

Well they will take 1 to 2 weeks to fix them plus 3-4 days of shipping plus 10 day till January 4=1 month approx.

Also I sent Jerry an email, I don't know if I should wait for his response or send them so they arrive there by Janaury 4 (and I'm not sure if they keep digital files of the impressions, otherwise I'd probably need to send a new one I ghuess
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back