JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 23, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #6,796 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Craig's communications skills are just about the best you can expect from a audio retailer and his workmanship is fantastic.

I really have to agree with this. I am just surprised to hear someone say otherwise.

I have dealt with Craig on two separate matters and he has just been so responsive and helpful. His products are of exemplary quality, in my opinion.

Dec 23, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #6,798 of 10,743
After having the TWAG cable for more than two weeks I can re-confirm that TWAG is much superior to stock cable as it makes stock cable so tiny and dull. Once you have a taste of TWAG, there's no going back...

As for the Craig's services, I do aplogize for putting a comment less than steller without giving much thought. That was totally unjustified. With my clearest conscient I give a big time recommendation! In the end I feel like he clearly went above and beyond to deliver what I needed and more.

Dec 23, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #6,800 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by krucacing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow thanks for the answer for that, i am still recovering from a big hole that the 13 has done to my pocket, the twag is coming maybe next year
dt880smile.png

If you guys can numerate the percentage of improvement how many percent roughly, or does it make the 13 a different beast altogether?
beerchug.gif

For me, the TWag takes the 13's to a different level.

Dec 23, 2009 at 11:25 AM Post #6,802 of 10,743
Guys, this thread has gone waaay off track. Although it makes sense to want to talk about cable improvements and amp/dap choices, I'm going to ask that any future posts that are solely asking or talking about specific cables, amps, etc. for use with the jh13s get posted in different threads, and in the appropriate forum.

Dec 23, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #6,803 of 10,743
Anyone else find the bass of the JH13 to be somewhat lacking? There is bass presence but it lacks the punch that I've become acustomed to when using the UM3X. I've read posts where people have stated that the bass is phonomenal and I'm just trying to make sure that it isn't something particular to my pair perhaps due to build quality and driver placement. I'm listening out of an 120gb ipod classic if that helps.

Dec 23, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #6,805 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oomingmak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone else find the bass of the JH13 to be somewhat lacking? There is bass presence but it lacks the punch that I've become acustomed to when using the UM3X. I've read posts where people have stated that the bass is phonomenal and I'm just trying to make sure that it isn't something particular to my pair perhaps due to build quality and driver placement. I'm listening out of an 120gb ipod classic if that helps.

Personally, I think the bass is fantastic. There isn't as much bass presence as with the UE11, however it is much more balanced and the lowest lows have an ever slight boost which gives the illusion of a well executed subwoofer.

I got my pair back from a refit and so far they are wonderful. Night and day difference vs. the first pair that I received that looked like a rush job. This pair is indeed worthy of the price tag both in fit and finish.

The sound is nothing short of spectacular. To anyone on the fence...make the leap!

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #6,806 of 10,743
I find the bass fantastic too.

If you find the bass lacking, its usually an indication of a lack of seal / improper fit.

Try pressing the IEMs into your ear and holding your finger there. If the bass increases = not a good fit.

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #6,807 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I think the bass is fantastic. There isn't as much bass presence as with the UE11, however it is much more balanced and the lowest lows have an ever slight boost which gives the illusion of a well executed subwoofer.

I got my pair back from a refit and so far they are wonderful. Night and day difference vs. the first pair that I received that looked like a rush job. This pair is indeed worthy of the price tag both in fit and finish.

The sound is nothing short of spectacular. To anyone on the fence...make the leap!

Hey Digihead nice to know you took the plunge!!!..now you could make a 3 Top Customs IEM Review a la HPA! I remember reading your comments some months ago regarding the ES3X vs. UE11, and it was a very comprenhensive and detailed read

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #6,808 of 10,743
If the bass is lacking I could only attribute it to bad fit, a personal need for more bass or a source/amp. That is my opinion though. I find the bass to be excellent with great extension and articulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back