JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 21, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #6,766 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oomingmak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a question, I noticed that the volume in the left monitor is lower than that of the right monitor.. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm not getting any channel imbalance at all. Is it just at very low volumes?
Also, I've found, that anytime that you have one side lower than the other on a headphone, it's usually the source or the amp, not the headphones....have you tried other players (sorry if this is an obvious question, but you'd be surprised).

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I have done extensive testing and while the TWag is a great upgrade from the stock cable it is still only pulling about 80% of what I get out of my picollino...tis a shame I really was pulling for the TWag to be as good because I am very annoyed with the dealer who sells picollino.

What are you pissed about (If you don't mind me asking)? Timelines, build quality, sound? That's a lot of money to not be happy with the seller.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much did you pay for picollino and where did you buy it? I am kinda pissed off at twag vendor myself.

What are you upset with, in regards to the TWag dealer. I'd like to know, because these are sponsors of ours. Is there something that they can do to make things right, or are you past the point of no return. These are dangled carrots that leave the members unsure of their purchases and they need to be straightened out. If you feel uncomfortable, you can PM me, instead.
Thanks in advance.

Dec 21, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #6,767 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you may want to have your right ear checked, when i went in to get my impressions made, she checked it, and there was a huge wad of earwax, gross i know, way down shoved against the drum. When she took it out i could hear so much better, i have always thought i couldnt hear quite as well out of the right ear and i was right haha but il warn you, its not a pleasant experience, it hurt like heck when she did it.

Yeah, I had that done when I got my impressions done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, I've found, that anytime that you have one side lower than the other on a headphone, it's usually the source or the amp, not the headphones....have you tried other players (sorry if this is an obvious question, but you'd be surprised).

I'll try a different source when I get the chance, I just noticed it at work so I haven't had the chance to do so. Thanks for the advice.

Dec 21, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #6,768 of 10,747
Over two hundred hours on the TWag with the JH13's and man, I can't believe the sound. After 200 hours there is more of a quality change, IMO, then what they go through before the 200. I have made cables and sold cables in years past of very high purity silver and I have been in this stuff with a serious search for sound for about 30 years and these wires change more than most anything I have heard. If not heard burned in you have not heard them.

Dire Straits "On Every Corner" comes across with life and vibrancy and the remastered Credence Clearwater Revival has a, for lack of a different word, vibrancy that is very convincing. Great fun! I didn't think as good as the JH13's sounded they would really pick up much from a cable change but this opens up a whole new vista of sound.

Dec 21, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #6,769 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much did you pay for picollino and where did you buy it? I am kinda pissed off at twag vendor myself.

I have had nothing but a great experience with Whiplash Audio and Craig so i find this off the cuff comment surprising. What exactly happened to make you feel this way, or is it just because you are a Mad Dog (joke intended!).

Dec 21, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #6,770 of 10,747
Quote:

And I'm finding this more and more often with respect to the recorded material itself (sorry if that's what you meant by source, Aaron).

Dec 21, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #6,771 of 10,747
Received the TWag this weekend. Obviously not many hours yet, but I like what I hear. I'll wait for the burn-in process to complete before attempting to describe specifics... but let's just say I'm not yearning to put the stock cable back on.

I worked out at the gym this morning with the TWag plugged into my holstered 3GS. It's flexible enough, but definitely thicker and stiffer than the stock cable - not unexpected as the latter is so flimsy. Hard to get the memory wire section fully behind the concha because of the relative stiffness near the connector. I find it usable on the go, but depending on what you are doing the stock may work out better.

I am very pleased with the construction of the cable, and Whiplash delivered it in a timely manner - well within the time frame stated when I placed the order. Knowing the cost of the raw wire and labor involved in putting it together properly, it is a good value at the current price point.

Dec 21, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #6,772 of 10,747
Quote:

What are you pissed about (If you don't mind me asking)? Timelines, build quality, sound? That's a lot of money to not be happy with the seller.

What are you upset with, in regards to the TWag dealer. I'd like to know, because these are sponsors of ours. Is there something that they can do to make things right, or are you past the point of no return. These are dangled carrots that leave the members unsure of their purchases and they need to be straightened out. If you feel uncomfortable, you can PM me, instead.
Thanks in advance.

Communications. They are impossible to get a hold of and very difficult to work with in getting a order done (I have been emailing and attempting to contact them for 2 months with no response). I have 150 hours on the TWag and it is continuing to burn in some more but I don't know if it can match that gap at 300 hours...the main issue with the TWag is the definition and the clarity particularly relating to the low end frequencies. While when compared to the stock cable it is a clear improvement but coming from many many hours on the picollino it just feels a bit congested...BUT either way I am keeping both sets whichever cable I choose not to prefer I am going to gift my dad for his set...I would say if you want to pay the insane amount for the picollino get it...it does make a difference but if you are looking to spend a reasonable amount and get a pretty decent upgrade the TWag is a incredible option.

Dec 21, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #6,775 of 10,747
I don't know what will happen but it is almost unfair to compare them considering that one is 1000+ retail and one is 275 retail...that is like comparing a pair of hd800's to a akg 701 not exactly apples and apples

Dec 21, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #6,776 of 10,747
haha exactly hockeyb, and too mad dog what is it that craig did? in all the emails we've written back and forth, hes been nothing but stellar in communicating and resolving any issues that might have arose along the way. I got my cables today and the workmanship is fantastic and they got here in a timely matter. I have nothing but good things to say about craig at whiplash, in fact, im fairly sure i wont be going anywhere else for my cable needs ever again.

Dec 21, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #6,778 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeMark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had nothing but a great experience with Whiplash Audio and Craig so i find this off the cuff comment surprising. What exactly happened to make you feel this way, or is it just because you are a Mad Dog (joke intended!).

Yeah, you don't want to mess with a Dog gone mad.
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, he said he was completely overloaded but all I wanted was a simple update of my latest request during 9 days I tried to contact him. I will wait another week...

Dec 21, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #6,780 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My heaphones are finally shipping today!
smily_headphones1.gif
and they put up pics of them on the facebook page if you wanna see them.

Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

I love them ^_^ jealous is me..just waiting/hoping for mine to go up there.
woo nice going
beerchug.gif

edit: oo 500+ headfier
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back