JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 17, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #6,676 of 10,743
From my communications with JH, I doubt it too but I don't want to have to get another set of impressions and do 7 refits, that's all.

JH has been very responsive to any questions and details thus far.

Dec 17, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #6,677 of 10,743
Got my set today... No artwork on it...must send back...ahhhh
Also, does anybody know if they could change the color of the shells without remaking the earphones (fit is pretty good)? I got mine transparent black, but the color looks more like light grey.

Dec 17, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #6,680 of 10,743
Hey guys, I have question and would appreciate any input!

I got my Livewires 3 about 3 weeks ago and I am totally bored by the sound. I'm a basshead itching for an upgrade. I have heard the UE11 and JH13 demo sets. The first time I put in the UE11s, the bass totally blew me away. I loved it. But when I listened to the JH13, I was like "Okay, quite nice. Not bad." Certainly NOT blown away. So basically my question is... Which custom would be more bass prominent. UE11 or JH13. I am not a fan of neutrality. Details and etc arent a biggie to me. What I really want is the rumble of the bass. Esp a slower decay and the punchiness. Does the JH13 produce that? I perceive the UE11 to produce it.

Okay and then comparing bass of JH13 and JH11. Which has more prominent bass. I would think that the quantity of bass would be the same but that the bass in the JH11 would APPEAR more pronounced because of the ratio of bass drivers : mid : low (2:1:1). As opposed to the JH13 which would be 2:2:2 which is essentially 1:1:1.

I'll definitely have another listen but when it comes to bass, seal is darn important and I doubt I'll be able to make a good comparison. Thanks for replies in advance!

Dec 17, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #6,681 of 10,743
I can't speak for the JH 13, but my UE 11s actually feel like they vibrate if there is a good bass signal sent thru them. Case in point: Blueman Group single titles "TV Song" and "Synaesthetic" and "Ultne Wired Man" (UNAMPED) all punch out a big bass sound. Some might say too much but a lot depends on the player for what kind of bass signal you get. My 5gh Gen Nano is much brighter sounding than my 4th Gen Nano. I thought the sound was much richer coming out of my 4th Gen Nano and my 4th Gen Nano is on the bright or thin side. An amp will also help in the bass reproduction. The UE 11s are capable of handling lots of bass.

Dec 17, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #6,682 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoNB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't speak for the JH 13, but my UE 11s actually feel like they vibrate if there is a good bass signal sent thru them. Case in point: Blueman Group single titles "TV Song" and "Synaesthetic" and "Ultne Wired Man" (UNAMPED) all punch out a big bass sound. Some might say too much but a lot depends on the player for what kind of bass signal you get. My 5gh Gen Nano is much brighter sounding than my 4th Gen Nano. I thought the sound was much richer coming out of my 4th Gen Nano and my 4th Gen Nano is on the bright or thin side. An amp will also help in the bass reproduction. The UE 11s are capable of handling lots of bass.

Yeah that's kinda sound I want. But I do wanna go with UEs. With their 1150 pricetag it is kinda ridiculous. I would think JHs are alot more reputable. Hmm so now the question is.. Are the JH11's bass comparable to the UE11s?

Dec 17, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #6,683 of 10,743
Hi,

I've gone through as many of the 446 pages as I can, but could someone let me know what turnaround time is like these days. From the time they get your impressions, how long does it take for them to fabricate and send out your unit? Thanks.

Dec 17, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #6,685 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by yunaforever009 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The colour change is like 50$ or something like that, there is a note somewhere on their website or in the manual

JH Audio Facebook FAQ

Quote:

Q: What if I don’t like the shell color?
A: While we strive to make earpieces exactly as requested, sometimes colors come out a little differently than expected. Therefore, we cannot guarantee colors. If you cannot live with your color, you have the option of paying a $100 color change fee.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradoxus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, I have question and would appreciate any input!

I got my Livewires 3 about 3 weeks ago and I am totally bored by the sound. I'm a basshead itching for an upgrade. I have heard the UE11 and JH13 demo sets. The first time I put in the UE11s, the bass totally blew me away. I loved it. But when I listened to the JH13, I was like "Okay, quite nice. Not bad." Certainly NOT blown away. So basically my question is... Which custom would be more bass prominent. UE11 or JH13. I am not a fan of neutrality. Details and etc arent a biggie to me. What I really want is the rumble of the bass. Esp a slower decay and the punchiness. Does the JH13 produce that? I perceive the UE11 to produce it.

Okay and then comparing bass of JH13 and JH11. Which has more prominent bass. I would think that the quantity of bass would be the same but that the bass in the JH11 would APPEAR more pronounced because of the ratio of bass drivers : mid : low (2:1:1). As opposed to the JH13 which would be 2:2:2 which is essentially 1:1:1.

I'll definitely have another listen but when it comes to bass, seal is darn important and I doubt I'll be able to make a good comparison. Thanks for replies in advance!

JH11's have a more low bass than the JH13's. I believe I read that Jerry said the JH11's are how the UE11's should sound. I've only listened to the demo unit of the JH11's but I very much doubt you will be disappointed, never heard the UE11 but I think if you asked an owner of both, they wouldn't place the JH11 under the UE11

Quote:

Originally Posted by edwardsean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I've gone through as many of the 446 pages as I can, but could someone let me know what turnaround time is like these days. From the time they get your impressions, how long does it take for them to fabricate and send out your unit? Thanks.

JH Audio Facebook FAQ

Quote:

Q. What is the typical turnaround time once you receive the customers’ impressions at the lab?
A: We generally ship your order five days after we receive your impressions in our lab.

Dec 17, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #6,686 of 10,743
After having about 50 hrs of mileage on TWAG cable, I still feel bass is somewhat boomy so I switched to the stock cable and realized that the sound was obviously "smaller". I can feel the weakness with stock cable but ergonomically it was superior.

Dec 17, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #6,687 of 10,743
Quote:

Yeah that's kinda sound I want. But I do wanna go with UEs. With their 1150 pricetag it is kinda ridiculous. I would think JHs are alot more reputable. Hmm so now the question is.. Are the JH11's bass comparable to the UE11s?

i have been wondering about this and asked in several places but yet to find an answer...

Dec 17, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #6,688 of 10,743
Does anyone here have any recommendation for a different custom IEM cable other than the one supplied by JH audio? Not looking for anything expensive either. I have thought about the UE cable.

I would like to have one with a longer memory wire since the JH cable is too short for me.

Dec 17, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #6,689 of 10,743
Quote:

YI would think JHs are alot more reputable. Hmm so now the question is.. Are the JH11's bass comparable to the UE11s?

UE has an excellent reputation. I would say that the bass of the UE-10's would be more similar to the JH-13's rather than comparing them to the UE-11's which are really "bass heavy".

Dec 17, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #6,690 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Snake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone here have any recommendation for a different custom IEM cable other than the one supplied by JH audio? Not looking for anything expensive either. I have thought about the UE cable.

I would like to have one with a longer memory wire since the JH cable is too short for me.

I have used my 60" UE-10 cable on my JH-13's since I got them, and never looked back. their "built-in" memory wire is one of the best I've ever seen along with a longer plastic tightening slider sleeve. I don't like the OEM JH-13 cable. It's too short and the memory sleeve irritates the top of my ear.

I have ordered the Twag 60+" cable from Craig, and I'm hoping that it's a measurable improvement. I am going to add an alligator clip between the Y" which takes the weight off of the headphones all together and makes them more manageable. I learned this from my ER4P's. They are expensive, but like someone wisely pointed out earlier, these headphones are yours for life, can't be sold, and it validates any expensive upgrades.
I don't know about a $1300 aftermarket cable for my $1400 HD800's, but for 330 and change, if they make a noticeable difference, it will be a worthy investment on the 13's.
If it's just snake oil (which I haven't heard of anyone with negative feedback) then I'll chalk it up to a semi-expensive mistake, and move on. It won't be the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back