JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Sep 18, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #4,486 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its only a matter of time......

Well let you guys know if it does, cause by the looks of it. Nothings even turning to the 'shade" or greenish. I use it everyday at the moment, comes in contact with my body all the time.

Sep 18, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #4,487 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well let you guys know if it does, cause by the looks of it. Nothings even turning to the 'shade" or greenish. I use it everyday at the moment, comes in contact with my body all the time.

But we're not talking about the palms of your hands.
ph34r.gif

j/k sorry I couldn't resist...
icon10.gif

Sep 18, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #4,488 of 10,747
I had the pleasure to audition the JH-13 pro this weekend.
They were universal ones, using yellow foamies for insulation, so certainly no optimal fit. Even though they impressed me a lot.

Musical, clean and natural sounding. Sound stage not on par with full size headphones, but the other parts like bass extension, sparkling midrange and treble seems quite competitive. Like no other IEM I have previously heard and/or owned.
Have had my eyes on them for a time, but after auditioning them I am convinced.

I simply have to get a pair of my own.
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 18, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #4,489 of 10,747
Hello, yes, this is also the only headphone related item I am still considering buying, along with a replacement mp3-player. I sitll wonder htough, how soon would they need a refit? I hear your ears change over the years.
Is the cable replacable or is it attached?
Let me know how long it takes for your ear impressions to arrive in the states and when you get the iems!
Thanks,
Greetings, Anouk,

Sep 18, 2009 at 12:34 PM Post #4,490 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the pleasure to audition the JH-13 pro this weekend.
They were universal ones, using yellow foamies for insulation, so certainly no optimal fit. Even though they impressed me a lot.

Musical, clean and natural sounding. Sound stage not on par with full size headphones, but the other parts like bass extension, sparkling midrange and treble seems quite competitive. Like no other IEM I have previously heard and/or owned.
Have had my eyes on them for a time, but after auditioning them I am convinced.

I simply have to get a pair of my own.
bigsmile_face.gif

so no more ibuds for you hey???
wink.gif

and yes MaoDi i'm afraid you must just be lucky...for now. it is inevitable unless you are some sort of freak and live in a bubble
wink.gif
its just simple science. the cable is prone to oxidization as the insulation and plating does a poor job of protecting the copper from turning green

Sep 18, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #4,491 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But we're not talking about the palms of your hands.
ph34r.gif

j/k sorry I couldn't resist...
icon10.gif

Who says its my hands
wink.gif

Sep 18, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #4,492 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so no more ibuds for you hey???
wink.gif

and yes MaoDi i'm afraid you must just be lucky...for now. it is inevitable unless you are some sort of freak and live in a bubble
wink.gif
its just simple science. the cable is prone to oxidization as the insulation and plating does a poor job of protecting the copper from turning green

i indeed do live in a bubble, and a vacuum where no air ever gets here...i am LIGHT ITSELF!

Sep 18, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #4,493 of 10,747
So I received my re-fit today. They still hurt my right ear! The fit is much better, but it is clear now that I will have to get a new right impression made and send them back yet another time! I'm starting to lose my enthusiasm about these monitors in spite of there amazing sound. I know it will be worth it in the end but I'm a little frustrated at this point!

Sep 18, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #4,494 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who says its my hands
wink.gif

You know what they say about palms turning green or becoming hairy when you play with... well, you know... At least you're not going blind.
biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #4,495 of 10,747
Got my JH 13 today, not really satisfy with the artwork, and also I got the sliver cable instead of the black one which I asked for. I am still trying to get used to the fitting. The right ear fits perfect, but left side is hurting my ear. I will give it try for few days before I decide whether I need a refit or not. For the sound part, this is the best earphone I ever heard. Or i should say it is the most closest one to the full size headphone. Really happy with the sound. I will upload some pictures later.

Sep 19, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #4,497 of 10,747
After a week jhaudio told me my refit will be shipped today but they haven't kept their promse. Guess I have to call them next week and find out.

@wsilvio, did you tell them exactly what to fix? As it appears you would have to tell them exactly where to build up or file down...

Sep 19, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #4,498 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by StudioTan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe it's best to convince yourself it may be well over a month before you'll get a pair you'll be happy with after multiple re-dos?

Still waiting for mine, but getting more nervous...
eek.gif

Just got mine today and the fit is perfect even with eating, moving my jaw, yawning, whatever. Pics will be coming when I can pull them out of my ears, or maybe I'll wait until I send them in for art.

Sep 19, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #4,499 of 10,747
Earlier there has been discussions on JH Audio getting a new printing machine for artworks, any updates on this?

I am planning to get a pair of JH13 but as much as I am concerned the artworks don't come out too well...

Sep 19, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #4,500 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomikPi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got mine today and the fit is perfect even with eating, moving my jaw, yawning, whatever. Pics will be coming when I can pull them out of my ears, or maybe I'll wait until I send them in for art.

That's comforting!

Btw, love the cat! Very plump and cute. Russian Blue? Is he/she yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back