JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Sep 8, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #4,276 of 10,743
Admittedly the UM3X has a smaller soundstage than the IE8 but compared to other IEMs i've tried, they have a relatively larger soundstage. For those of you who don't believe so, just try on a pair of shure e4c or se115. If you still don't think so... I don't quite know what IEMs you are comparing them to.

And no unfortunately I didn't get to try the JH5. I wish I could have though.

Sep 8, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #4,278 of 10,743
I would keep my ESX10's one set of open phones (my balanced PortaPros amaze me not only for the price :^) and two sets of the JH13's and chuck everything else. I forgot my Ultrasone Ed. 9, I guess that tells a story doesn't it. ?

Sep 8, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #4,280 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone dumping their whole set up after getting the JH13?
tongue.gif

There is something nice about the idea of having one high end sounding portable, noise suppressing head/ear phone that can work for home and on the go.

I did before to fund the purchase of my JH-13s. I dumped a woodied, recabled D2000 and WA6 and haven't regretted it for one second.

Sep 8, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #4,281 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you please post pics when you received it? a side by side shot will be great.

Sadly...UPS decided to do the UPS thing, which is assume your not home run up to your door post the sticky and run away...i was home all day. I just went downstairs to check, and apparently he was there 5 minutes ago...

Sep 8, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #4,282 of 10,743
If i don't get the case tomorrow, i'm gonna change delivery option and have them keep them at thing so i can pick it up.

Sep 8, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #4,285 of 10,743
Hm, the new case really looks just like the Otterbox 1000 with the JHA sticker...

Sep 8, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #4,286 of 10,743
I think you nailed it, jelt.

... and how is that supposed to work, anyway... The IEMs are just loose in there? I'm sticking with my UE case for now..

(I actually add an eyeglass cleaning cloth folded in quarters in the bottom of the UE container. It means they don't roll around as much in there.)

Sep 8, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #4,287 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you nailed it, jelt.

... and how is that supposed to work, anyway... The IEMs are just loose in there? I'm sticking with my UE case for now..

(I actually add an eyeglass cleaning cloth folded in quarters in the bottom of the UE container. It means they don't roll around as much in there.)

the small metal ue case is probably the best carrying case for the jh13 pro right now
smily_headphones1.gif
. love its durability and size!

Sep 8, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #4,288 of 10,743
I use the case you can buy from Shure for around 8 dollars. I have two of them and they protect the 13's well and are just the right size with a little pocket for the cleaning tool.

Sep 9, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #4,289 of 10,743
Just got mine tonight. Two week turnaround, which is great.

The fit is amazing -- they feel just like the impression I had made. I suppose that's the idea. (Bizarrely, the audiologist I went to in Chinatown had just made impressions for another guy who was buying the 13s. Small world.) All I have to do is rotate them, and they lock right into my ears with a perfect seal. Wow. It's much easier to get these in than my UM3Xs and e500s.

Haven't had much time to listen yet...but I have a few hours tonight to try them with my Pico amp/DAC. Radiohead's In Rainbows is the test piece.

The new Otter case is nice -- not too big, yet solid. It's almost big enough for my iPhone... That would have been cool.

And yes, I did sell my HD800s and SR335i's in anticipation of these. I love the idea of having a mobile high-end setup: laptop, Pico, JH13s. When I'm stationary I like to listen to my speaker rigs. Not sure what I will do with my UM3Xs, but I might keep them for casual listening when I might need to remove them quickly.

Sep 9, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #4,290 of 10,743
I had almost exactly the same experience as gregas; he seems to have stolen my life for a few hours. Mine also came today with a two week turnaround, the fit feels like the exact inverse of my ears (duh -- but still, I was surprised), they turn/lock right into place, and they feel infinitely more comfortable than my shure 530s. I used them straight out of my laptop for a while and then stuck an adaptor on them and ran them out of my Zana Deux.

Love the case.

Very quick impression: yes, better than the HD800s; less sterile and more punchy. The bass is right up there with my DX1000s; not quite as deep but about as strong. They don't compare to the K1000s imaging, but you can't take the K1000s on the road.

I'm not exactly thrilled with the cable. The distance to the Y is too short; it feels like a cowboy hat I had when I was a kid. But for this sound, it might be worth having my jaw taken in an inch or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back