JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 27, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #2,477 of 10,743
Ok, I say it every few pages but these things are a m a z i n g . I am again listening to the Dead Set with the Grateful Dead. The drums have such honest and total impact and the spatial resolution is just toooo much. I have to do other things than listen to music!!!!

Jul 27, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #2,478 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to do other things than listen to music!!!!

Not sure why you'd want to do that?

Not much of a Dead fan myself, but maybe l'll check that recording out!

Jul 27, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #2,480 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure why you'd want to do that?

Not much of a Dead fan myself, but maybe l'll check that recording out!

Ray Samuels turned me on to Bella Sonus - Enamoured:
(and I thank him almost daily - 2 years later)

great neuvo flamenco guitar (Angel Suarez) + keyboards / percussion (Robert Smith)

great music - well engineered - lots of sub bass - lots of sparkle in upper registers.

It's a great "test vector" for a portable signal train, with JH13's at the end of the line.

You might want to check it out.

Jul 27, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #2,481 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by googleli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone with Orpheus post a direct comparison between Sennheiser Orpheus and JH-13 Pro, thanks!

I compared them at the meet last weekend, and except for the Orpheus's better/larger soundstage (RSA A-10 amp) I prefer the precision instrument placement of the JH13pro (P-51 Mustang) and the more detailed bass.
eek.gif
The HE60 are better at detail than the Orpheus as well, but they don't have as much bass impact as the Orpheus, while the JH13Pro have just the right quantity and quality of bass.

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #2,484 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is some assertion to make hpa! If the jh-13's go up against a orpheus that well then money very well spent imo.

Nothing surprising really. The Orpheus has already been subjectively compared not so very favorably against some other electrostats by many. At some point HPA, himself, said he listened to his es3x more often than all of his full-size cans (including electrostats) combined.

Jul 27, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #2,486 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraHotel01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ray Samuels turned me on to Bella Sonus - Enamoured:
(and I thank him almost daily - 2 years later)

great neuvo flamenco guitar (Angel Suarez) + keyboards / percussion (Robert Smith)

great music - well engineered - lots of sub bass - lots of sparkle in upper registers.

It's a great "test vector" for a portable signal train, with JH13's at the end of the line.

You might want to check it out.

I definitely will. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...while the JH13Pro have just the right quantity and quality of bass.

Absolutely agree with this statement 100%! And not only is it the right quantity and quality, but because the instrument separation and detail is so amazing, the bass does not overshadow the low mids whatsoever.

Jul 28, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #2,488 of 10,743
Trying to compare a great stat like the Big O to a great IEM like the 13's, is like comparing a Lamborghini Countach to a Roll's Silver Shadow.

Both are top in their class but not comparable. They serve different purposes and use different means to do so.

Jul 28, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #2,489 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trying to compare a great stat like the Big O to a great IEM like the 13's, is like comparing a Lamborghini Countach to a Roll's Silver Shadow.

Both are top in their class but not comparable. They serve different purposes and use different means to do so.

Yep, or like comparing either to great speakers.

Jul 28, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #2,490 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2, AMAZING !!!

My quest for the Holy Grail is over
smily_headphones1.gif

Make that x3, A M A Z I N G!!! It is also amazing that I feel they are a steal @ $999! (Hope Jerry doesn't see this comment!
wink.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back