JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 23, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #2,356 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by coldpower27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool, where did you get your impressions done? Since you live in same city as I do...

Got mine here for $20:

Markham Stouffville Hearing
Services Ltd
203-377 Church Street
Markham, Ontario
L6B 1A1
Tel: (905)471-4327

Jul 23, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #2,357 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by coldpower27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, hmm I wonder if they are worth their cost of entry, but a 6 way driver ear phone!! Incredible.

its a 3 way 6 driver IEM, there are 3 dual drivers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphonaddict
That's a valid opinion as well.

biggrin.gif
I thought so

Jul 23, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #2,358 of 10,743
Ok, I did it.... And now I've done it, LOL.

I loved the 10x3's. I quite literally walked around Jerry's Lab with mouth gaping wide open as I listened to the universal demos. I talked to Jerry about buying on a 'limited' budget, and he recommended the 10x3's as the best option for someone looking for awesome sound, but not able to go all the way and opt for the JH-13's.

But, in the end, I had to take the plunge. My logic went like this:

If I'm going to go 90% of the way to the peak of the IEM "Mt. Everest", I might as well go all the way. If these things last me over 5 years, it's worth an extra $300 to have the best sound I possibly can, and to avoid any bouts of "what if's", or "upgrade-itis".

So there you have it, I did it.

Anyone have a spare room for rent.

Jensen, you keep your mouth shut. I know what you are thinking, and yes, I am an idiot. But I'll be an idiot having good "aural sex", and that sounds like fun to me. We'll have LOTS to talk about!

So, count me into the mix of proud JH-13 owners and soon-to-be owners. Now, time to decide on art work.

Jul 23, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #2,359 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my JH13Pro as much as the next guy (I would give up eating crackers forever to enjoy them, right Boomana?) - But I'm not gonna be an un-thinking fanboy about them when it comes to posts those. I don't mean to offend you - this is more of a lesson to some of the others here from a previous incident.

You speak like an authority on the matter, when in fact you have only heard the universals vs a borrowed ES3X. You made it clear to add that it was your opinion, and I can accept that. Many of us have posted before that the universals may not be an adequate representation of the finished custom's sound if the fit is not just right. Even then, Jerry admits that the 6Khz treble peak I heard in the universal JH13Pro would not be there in the final product. In fact, other people blasted Blutarsky for trying out my three pair of flagship customs and reporting "his opinion" that the ES3X still beat the JH13Pro and UE11Pro - the peeps here were saying that his opinion is not valid since the customs were not made for his ears, even though he also thought his personal ES3X sounded similar to my borrowed ES3X and he got a good seal with them all.

SO WHERE ARE ALL THOSE SAME PEOPLE, now that someone has tried ES3X that were not made for their ears and compared that to the universal JH13Pro and JH10x3, and said the ES3X were not as good? Shouldn't that be an invalid comparison too, according to the previous standards set in here? If that's acceptable and Blutarsky's post isn't, then it's a double standard I tell yah...

Now, Blutarsky may be right and seehee2k may also be right in their interpretations of what they heard in their demos - but will what they heard with "demos" and "unfitted" customs also apply to the rest of us? If you guys say either one is valid then you need to apologize to Blutarsky.

I will be posting a review soon, comparing my personal ES3X to my UE11Pro and my JH13Pro, and I do have a favorite - but there is a second place and third place custom that both sound great as well, and ALL 3 still stomp most full size dynamic cans. The one I pick as my preferred custom is because it suits my tastes better, because in this case they are all very capable. It's my job in the review to explain what they do well or poorly in an objective manner, and how they do it differently, so that others can use that data to help them decide if that is the right custom IEM for them or not.

But in my review I also get to explain why I prefer one over the others subjectively, based on my preferences or based on their faults, or their price, or whatever criteria I choose to use in that decision. And my conclusion does not match Blutarsky's if that matters. I am sticking up for his right to have his comparison declared valid. The sound of these custom IEMs is different enough that it may not be decided for a long time which is king by general consensus, no more than the K701 vs HD600/650 argument will ever be settled either.

Can I double this? Yeah, I'll double it...

HPA has just slamdunked the ball into the hoop of justice. As much as you guys love your cans and favor them above all others, it is a disservice to the community to pounce on someone who doesn't agree with your view. Critiquing a person's post, and criticizing that person are two different things; the former is fine, but too often has the latter been done. I'd rephrase everything HPA said (which were all good points if you read them carefully enough) but what's said once that weighs with truth doesn't need repetition. Like many I came to head-fi for help on deciding on certain purchases, as well as learning interesting things about contemporary audio technology, but like many, I find it unreasonable when someone puts down another person for their non-offending opinions. No matter what kind of an opinion you may have regarding the quality of these products, you can always deliver them in such ways as to not try to diminish another member's voice.

All that said, HPA, I can't wait for your review! As nuts as I think you are for dropping a good chunk of your retirement funds on all the audio gear in your extensive list, it's more than obvious that you are an asset to the members who are planning to getting the best for their dollars on customs which are impossible to accurately sample. I, myself, am basing my customs spending decision heavily on reviews; but there is only one member here who possesses the objectiveness, knowledge base, and diligence to review and compare all three top-end models in detail. I find it totally weird, fascinating, and awesome that a person whom I've never acquainted with could be such a major deciding factor in how I will spend $850-$1100 of my hard-earned dollars. I hope you don't get high blood pressure from all that weight we put on your shoulders.

Jul 23, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #2,360 of 10,743
Well, you always need to know the person who is reviewing an item a little bit. Otherwise the review might sound objective but it may be completely wrong in some places for you. Some people like too much bass other persons prefer a dry sound. Well, whatever.

If I'm interested in something, I read a lot of different reviews and after a while I know what I need and then I'll go and have a listen
wink.gif

Jul 23, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #2,361 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its a 3 way 6 driver IEM, there are 3 dual drivers

Yeah that is what I meant. I would really be interested in your opinion of these IEM compared to the UM3x with UM56 you have... right now dropping 1200 CND on headphones is a bit extreme, without some comparison data.

This request goes out to anyone else as well, it would be much appreciated if you have the UM3x with Um56 and the JH-13's and see how much of an upgrade these babies are...this is over 2.5x my current setup...

Jul 23, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #2,362 of 10,743
If you have the money and think about the JH13 why don't you just order the demos? They will give you a very good impression of the final product.

Anyway, some people will hardly hear the difference in sound quality while other persons would say the JH13 is well worth the money and significantly better than the UM3x.

After all and still, it's a matter of taste...

Jul 23, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #2,363 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be posting a review soon, comparing my personal ES3X to my UE11Pro and my JH13Pro, and I do have a favorite - but there is a second place and third place custom that both sound great as well...

From everything you've said, including when you claimed to be a basshead, and when you asked what would UE11 owners might want to have changed in the UE11 (I presumed you meant the bass quantity); I predict that your favorite is the JH13, and second favorite is ES3X. Not that it matters whether I'm right, but it's fun to make an educated guess...
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #2,364 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by spleisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, I did it.... And now I've done it, LOL.

I loved the 10x3's. I quite literally walked around Jerry's Lab with mouth gaping wide open as I listened to the universal demos.

That's my problem. I listened to the universals , both the 10 and 13's and my mouth did not open wide in amazement. I really liked them but IMHO that is a little exaggeration.
No offense intended and I am glad you were awed.
They are great cans no doubt, probable the best IEM's although I don't think the ES3X's are that far behind, but I like more rational descriptions without the hype.

Jul 24, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #2,365 of 10,743
The JH13s are the first headphone that have kept me listening until 3am for three nights in a row. I didn't listen to them tonight for more than an hour this as I have a music festival on my doorstep once a year. Great live music always wins for me.

Warning to all JH13 buyers. Get ready to lose lots of sleep as you go through your music collection again.

HPA, you have highlighted a few human traits. Sorry for the behavior of others towards Blutarsky. I hope it doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth regarding this three way review. Thank you for being so impartial, spending so much time and money, and writing what could be the most influential review on high end Custom IEMs.

Regards

Sceptre

Jul 24, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #2,366 of 10,743
@ sceptre - glad to see you're enjoying the JH13s, was just wondering if you could let the rest of us UK Headfiers know the total damage including ear impressions and customs?

cheers

Jul 24, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #2,367 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaoipower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ sceptre - glad to see you're enjoying the JH13s, was just wondering if you could let the rest of us UK Headfiers know the total damage including ear impressions and customs?

cheers

I'll PM you and anyone else who asks.

Regards

Sceptre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back