JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 23, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #2,342 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm confused... did you come to that conclusion based on a UM3x comparison? Also you said you `think' they can't compete?

No I was refering to a comparism between ES3x and JH10x3.

Since I tend to paraphrase my impressions with some care I used the word "think".
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #2,343 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by FALC0NR14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I emailed Jerry and he said he would re-mould them in like a year if I needed it. I am almost 16 BTW and my audiologist said it's fine so that's why I am looking at them.

No worries, on the same boat as you. I'm getting three pairs. Go ahead don't worry about it =)

Jul 23, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #2,344 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No worries, on the same boat as you. I'm getting three pairs. Go ahead don't worry about it =)

Three pairs or three pears?

Jul 23, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #2,345 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by seehee2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The JH11 are what the UE11 were supposed to be before Jerry left the company. The signature ist still warm and mellow but way more enjoyable compared to the UE11 with thier insane bump at the low end and colorized mids.

The JH10x3 are superiour to the ES3x and tend to have a slightly cold signature. Hence not real an equivalent.

About the rest, I don't really know...
biggrin.gif

seehee
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

For me the reporduction of high and low frequencies is far more convincing. Overall there's some lack of precision I expect from a premium custom. After some comparism with the UM3x I came to the conclusion that there's not such a big difference to justify the extra money. Don't get me wrong the ES3x are really good cIEM but I think they can't compete with any three-way model of JH-Audio.
regular_smile .gif

Quote:

I only own one pair of cIEM from a german manufacturer (with which I am absolutly happy). But we recently had a meet here with generic (test) versions of UE4, UE7, UE11, JH10x3, JH11, JH13 and almost any relevant universal. Since Westone doesn't provide gernerics we had a custom ES3x which fitted me perfectly. Bottom line I was really dissapointed about the performance of Westone's custom but really surprised what Jerry has to offer with his line-up. I think he really knows what he's doning and seems to be a nice guy at least mail-wise.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

No I was refering to a comparism between ES3x and JH10x3.

Since I tend to paraphrase my impressions with some care I used the word "think".
smily_headphones1.gif

I love my JH13Pro as much as the next guy (I would give up eating crackers forever to enjoy them, right Boomana?) - But I'm not gonna be an un-thinking fanboy about them when it comes to posts those. I don't mean to offend you - this is more of a lesson to some of the others here from a previous incident.

You speak like an authority on the matter, when in fact you have only heard the universals vs a borrowed ES3X. You made it clear to add that it was your opinion, and I can accept that. Many of us have posted before that the universals may not be an adequate representation of the finished custom's sound if the fit is not just right. Even then, Jerry admits that the 6Khz treble peak I heard in the universal JH13Pro would not be there in the final product. In fact, other people blasted Blutarsky for trying out my three pair of flagship customs and reporting "his opinion" that the ES3X still beat the JH13Pro and UE11Pro - the peeps here were saying that his opinion is not valid since the customs were not made for his ears, even though he also thought his personal ES3X sounded similar to my borrowed ES3X and he got a good seal with them all.

SO WHERE ARE ALL THOSE SAME PEOPLE, now that someone has tried ES3X that were not made for their ears and compared that to the universal JH13Pro and JH10x3, and said the ES3X were not as good? Shouldn't that be an invalid comparison too, according to the previous standards set in here? If that's acceptable and Blutarsky's post isn't, then it's a double standard I tell yah...

Now, Blutarsky may be right and seehee2k may also be right in their interpretations of what they heard in their demos - but will what they heard with "demos" and "unfitted" customs also apply to the rest of us? If you guys say either one is valid then you need to apologize to Blutarsky.

I will be posting a review soon, comparing my personal ES3X to my UE11Pro and my JH13Pro, and I do have a favorite - but there is a second place and third place custom that both sound great as well, and ALL 3 still stomp most full size dynamic cans. The one I pick as my preferred custom is because it suits my tastes better, because in this case they are all very capable. It's my job in the review to explain what they do well or poorly in an objective manner, and how they do it differently, so that others can use that data to help them decide if that is the right custom IEM for them or not.

But in my review I also get to explain why I prefer one over the others subjectively, based on my preferences or based on their faults, or their price, or whatever criteria I choose to use in that decision. And my conclusion does not match Blutarsky's if that matters. I am sticking up for his right to have his comparison declared valid. The sound of these custom IEMs is different enough that it may not be decided for a long time which is king by general consensus, no more than the K701 vs HD600/650 argument will ever be settled either.

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #2,346 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Three pairs or three pears?

Three pairs of Pears =)...and three pairs of Customs

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #2,347 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my JH13Pro as much as the next guy (I would give up eating crackers forever to enjoy them, right Boomana?) - But I'm not gonna be an un-thinking fanboy about them when it comes to posts those. I don't mean to offend you - this is more of a lesson to some of the others here from a previous incident.

You speak like an authority on the matter, when in fact you have only heard the universals vs a borrowed ES3X. You made it clear to add that it was your opinion, and I can accept that. Many of us have posted before that the universals may not be an adequate representation of the finished custom's sound if the fit is not just right. Even then, Jerry admits that the 6Khz treble peak I heard in the universal JH13Pro would not be there in the final product. In fact, other people blasted Blutarsky for trying out my three pair of flagship customs and reporting "his opinion" that the ES3X still beat the JH13Pro and UE11Pro - the peeps here were saying that his opinion is not valid since the customs were not made for his ears, even though he also thought his personal ES3X sounded similar to my borrowed ES3X and he got a good seal with them all.

SO WHERE ARE ALL THOSE SAME PEOPLE, now that someone has tried ES3X that were not made for their ears and compared that to the universal JH13Pro and JH10x3, and said the ES3X were not as good? Shouldn't that be an invalid comparison too, according to the previous standards set in here? If that's acceptable and Blutarsky's post isn't, then it's a double standard I tell yah...

Now, Blutarsky may be right and seehee2k may also be right in their interpretations of what they heard in their demos - but will what they heard with "demos" and "unfitted" customs also apply to the rest of us? If you guys say either one is valid then you need to apologize to Blutarsky.

I will be posting a review soon, comparing my personal ES3X to my UE11Pro and my JH13Pro, and I do have a favorite - but there is a second place and third place custom that both sound great as well, and ALL 3 still stomp most full size dynamic cans. The one I pick as my preferred custom is because it suits my tastes better, because in this case they are all very capable. It's my job in the review to explain what they do well or poorly in an objective manner, and how they do it differently, so that others can use that data to help them decide if that is the right custom IEM for them or not.

But in my review I also get to explain why I prefer one over the others subjectively, based on my preferences or based on their faults, or their price, or whatever criteria I choose to use in that decision. And my conclusion does not match Blutarsky's if that matters. I am sticking up for his right to have his comparison declared valid. The sound of these custom IEMs is different enough that it may not be decided for a long time which is king by general consensus, no more than the K701 vs HD600/650 argument will ever be settled either.

Nice one
smily_headphones1.gif
)this one seehee2k want tell what is on in his ego
smily_headphones1.gif
)sooo only objective way will be right here
smily_headphones1.gif
)so thanx all people who have experience with all high ends and sorry for all around who dont understand
smily_headphones1.gif
)thanx

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #2,348 of 10,745
Can anyone tell me how much the JH-13 Pro is better then the UM3x with the Um56 tips, as that is my current setup?

As well out of curiosity I haven't seen a price listing here for the JH-13 Pro's? How much are they, I assume somewhere close to the 1-1.5k CND range?

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #2,349 of 10,745
getting 3 pairs of customs at 16 WTH!!! some people just have too much money

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #2,350 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

well mate I have to agree with most of what you said there and I would agree; but not agree that both opinions should be declared valid, but that while neither were IMO valid reviews or comparisons; both are valid opinions.

I did not see this post until just now or I would have put my hand up like I am.

oh and coldpower: they are $1099USD plus shipping and the cost of your impressions

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #2,351 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by coldpower27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone tell me how much the JH-13 Pro is better then the UM3x with the Um56 tips, as that is my current setup?

As well out of curiosity I haven't seen a price listing here for the JH-13 Pro's? How much are they, I assume somewhere close to the 1-1.5k CND range?

bought JH-13 Pro at $1,210 CND.

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #2,352 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
getting 3 pairs of customs at 16 WTH!!! some people just have too much money

haha. I have three jobs xD

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #2,353 of 10,745
Quote:

oh and coldpower: they are $1099USD plus shipping and the cost of your impressions

Thanks, hmm I wonder if they are worth their cost of entry, but a 6 way driver ear phone!! Incredible.

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #2,354 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by seanc85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bought JH-13 Pro at $1,210 CND.

Cool, where did you get your impressions done? Since you live in same city as I do...

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #2,355 of 10,745
Quote:

well mate I have to agree with most of what you said there and I would agree; but not agree that both opinions should be declared valid, but that while neither were IMO valid reviews or comparisons; both are valid opinions.

That's a valid opinion as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back