Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headphone revolution in the works.

The king is dead. Long live the king.

Yes sir
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #1,817 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They look awsome! How are they in comparision with ES3X with classical music and overall? Will you still use the ES3X? Which one is your favourite?
very_evil_smiley.gif

P.S.
Which one is more comfortable and what are the diffrences between the two?

JH13's are definitely my favorite of ALL my cans right now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #1,818 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I just got mine a day earlier than expected. The color and art is perfect, and the only thing I can say about the sound is that I earlier said I was expecting to like them, but wasn't expected to be blown away....well...I was wrong. I'm pretty blown away. These are amazing.

I have to go to a damn meeting right now, but I'll be listening all night, I'm sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many of us have been somewhat cautious in our comments (others not so) as to not overly hype the JH-13 Pro. However, now you can see why we are all so excited about them.

These aren't just great custom IEMs, these are truly outstanding headphones. And what is more amazing, is that this is regardless of the source, it seems. Sure, they probably scale very well with better source/amplification, but they are mind blowing straight out of an mp3 player.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I usually try not to get caught up in the FOTM, but I have been lurking around this thread for a while and I must say that I am borderline ready to pull the trigger! Unfortunately (?) I recieved the ES3X 1 week BEFORE the JH announcement!! I never thought I would be a in position to own TWO customs!

HPA I eagerly await your review\comparison.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JH13's are definitely my favorite of ALL my cans right now.
smily_headphones1.gif

The JH13pro are indeed excellent. I have not wanted to feed into the FOTM, or to give away so much of my review that it would render posting the review pointless. I gave a sneak peek at my thoughts a couple of pages ago, where the ES3X remind me of an HD800 on my ZDT or a WA22, and the JH13Pro are more like a Stax O2 on a Blue Hawaii SE.

I look forward to getting my review posted, but the wait shouldn't stop anyone from ordering the JH13Pro if they want and accurate and detailed and musical IEM without notable flaws, that puts you more in the audience than on stage and surrounded by music. I still love my ES3X and would not want to be without them, but there are some differences in sound between the two customs that some will like more than others. I will try to delve into those differences in my review in more detail.

Jul 15, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #1,819 of 10,743
After 122 pages, 1.5 months since this thread started, and half the head-fi community waiting in anticipation, someone finally throws the bomb: They prefer the JH13 over the ES3X!

The only consolation for us ES3X owners and all those still on the fence between the 2 contenders is that the same head-fier also said "JH13's are definitely my favorite of ALL my cans right now" First it was the HD800's and now the ES3X - what next? Obama?

Jul 15, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #1,820 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After 122 pages, 1.5 months since this thread started, and half the head-fi community waiting in anticipation, someone finally throws the bomb: They prefer the JH13 over the ES3X!

Obviously, that is in no way a knock against the ES3X.

Jul 15, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #1,826 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How could he not? Remember he was the one who wrote the iem that beats all else aka the w3 apprieciation thread. He would never dis Westone XD

The W3s are a joke compared to the JH13s. And I'm trying to be polite..

Anyway, it's not fair to compare both products together because they are not in the same class at all.

Jul 15, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #1,828 of 10,743
So this thread suggests that Senns HD650-800, Stax Omegas, K1000s, Sony R10s and Orpheus's + all the mega expensive amplifiers and and other bits those phones require...

...all are obsolete and phased by JH13. Basically the entire Head-fi can now shut down with one closing message: get JH13 and the headphone equipment journey is over
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry for OTT sarcasm, but could we hear some constructive comparos with the above phones? Appreciation threads dont HAVE to become FOTM fodder...

Cheers!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #1,829 of 10,743
sorry double post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back