JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jun 20, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #571 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the custom art, I recommend something simple and bold. Complicated designs usually don't show up well, just look at the UE gallery; they are all simple! Except this one:

http://www.ultimateears.com/_ultimat...e_bryant_1.gif

I doubt someone hand painted that one. Maybe UE has a laser engraver that also prints?

They do have a laser engraving tool at UE as seen in this video:YouTube - Ultimate Ears Customize Part2

All painting seems to be done by hand though. I finalized with trans mid blue with clear cables and the jh logo in white have to wait a bit and then I will have my gems can't wait
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #573 of 10,743
how do you think that will pop? I really went out of my way to get a color combo that would really work and after looking at a lot of customs on the forums and on ue's ear art gallery I determined white is easily the best color to pop off of the deeper blue.

Jun 20, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #575 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah. The UE 11Pro arrived yesterday - but I am not saying anything till I do my review with all three.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Incidentally, I got the best seal with the JH 10x3 demos, and they sounded fairly close to the ES3X and didn't have the treble peak of the demo JH11 and JH13 (a peak which isn't there in the custom versions per Jerry). There was NO time at CanJam to go back and forth with the JH demos and ES3X - other people wanted to hear them, and it was the end of the day on Sunday before I got to hear them.

PS: I also got the Stax SR-007 Mk1 and Mk2 just to compare them as well. I reported on that in the HE Audio Jade thread.

It is posts like these that make me feel like I DON'T have the audio sickness. HPA you are on a roll. Looking forward to the impressions. How can you hold back on UE11 comments? Give us a taste man, just a taste...

Jun 20, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #576 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm I wasn't really intending it to pop out. I'm a fan of blue/silver so that's why I chose the combo
wink.gif

Smoke + JH logo in red would have looked nice too....hmmm
confused_face.gif

That's just great; now I get to start second-guessing my color/artwork decision. Again. Fifth-guessing, I guess.
confused_face(1).gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #577 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is posts like these that make me feel like I DON'T have the audio sickness. HPA you are on a roll. Looking forward to the impressions. How can you hold back on UE11 comments? Give us a taste man, just a taste...

The JH Apreciation thread not the appropriate thread for that, until I have my JH 13Pro in hand. Even then, I'd still prefer to hold back till I am ready to write up my review - so no PM's.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #582 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I couldn't agree with you more! I am getting mine soon then leaving for vacation the day after couldn't be a better going away present to myself XD.

I'll be receiving mine on the first day of my holiday. They should be waiting for me at the Rio in Vegas when I arrive for the World Series of Poker!

Jun 21, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #583 of 10,743
Very nice man. Yeah I spoke to them about it and they are overnighting them to me at the end of the week they go out so I will have them before I leave since I would be too nervous having them ship them to some place that I will only be for a couple days (moving vacation to different places) and risk not getting them for whatever reason.

Jun 21, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #584 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea I asked Brittany to add the JH logo in silver on my ice blue. Soooooooonnnn

They are unable to do metal foil yet, so silver won't actually be silver like chrome. You can get a chrome look effect done, like in a chrome signage.

Not sure if they can do metallic paint (has metal flakes in it to make it shiny).

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back