JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jun 2, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #61 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My advice, don't waste you time with universal IEMs. When I had the Westone 3, it was a nightmare for me to try to find the best tip and at the end I sold them because of that reason. Custom is more expensive, but you will be done for the rest of your life.
wink.gif

Personally, I don't think customs are for everyone. And from my experience, I've owned 3 different IEMs (with another on its way) and have never had any problems with tips or fitting.

Jun 2, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #62 of 10,743
I, too, will probably be selling my esw10s to help fund these. Jerry already has my molds. I compared my UE11s to the universal 13s, and the 13s won. I'm pretty excited. People shouldn't forget, though, that he had others in his lineup. I liked the JH11, but didn't listen to the others. I kinda wish I had now. He has an entry-level one starting at around $400 (I think), that I'm pretty sure, based on the two I heard, would probably kick the pants off any universal in that price range.

Jun 2, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #63 of 10,743
Yes, 399 for a custom 2 driver IEM is unbelievable. Well my molds go off today. I am curious to see the carbon case. Does anyone have an image?

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #64 of 10,743
Jun 2, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #65 of 10,743
Thanks!

It's ok but I actually like the cases that Westone uses better. Well they are cheap enough so I can always pick one up. Maybe the case is nice on the inside though. Anyway, I don't listen with cases. :^)

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #66 of 10,743
Ok, I didn't express myself correctly. (English is not my primary language..)

The problem that I had with the Westone 3 was not with the comfort but with the sound. It was a nightmare for me to find the right tip to get a good amount of treble.

As long as I have the perfect sound signature for my tastes with the JH13, I think that I can live with the fact the JH13 won't be as comfortable as the W3 with the comply tips.

Jun 2, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #68 of 10,743
Impressions sent, now the waaaaiiiiiitt. :^)

Jun 2, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #69 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanross /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JH Audio on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Woo thanks! That will be a sure head turner when you open it and wear the IEM! haha! Carbon fibre with Big Red Wing Logo!

Jun 3, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #72 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by behwatch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woo thanks! That will be a sure head turner when you open it and wear the IEM! haha! Carbon fibre with Big Red Wing Logo!

You can't get a trademarked logo, but that would be excellent. It's my avatar on another forum. Go Wings!

Jun 3, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #73 of 10,743
As much of a Jerry Harvey fan I am....none of his new lineup is for me as I am "out" of the custom market. My ear canals are a poor shape to get a good fit, and I told myself I won't go through that again.

What I wish is that Jerry would release a (very) high end universal fit.....for those of us with these "ear canal handicaps".

Jun 3, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #75 of 10,743
Art work on the 13's is 50 dollars extra. Not bad. I have in mind what I want but I am not sure of the main color yet. Ice blue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back