JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jun 2, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #31 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangelove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone else who was at CanJam and heard the JH audio lineup discuss their thoughts on how the JH 10/11/13s compared. I actually preferred the JH 10x3s to the rest, but now I'm having second thoughts (and questioning if maybe I didn't get the best seal) and wondering if I should go all out and get the JH13s. Considering I'll never be able to sell these off, I'm wondering if I should go with the "best" currently available.

I personally found the JH 11 to be a little livelier and less neutral, but with slightly less bass than the others.

The JH11 sounded bad to me (didn't listen to the 10), probably because of the tips that were being used. I am kinda bummed as I don't think I got a great seal with the JH13 as they sounded very good, but I wasn't as impressed as I was with the UE11. Too bad Comply tips weren't being used as I think I would have had a much better listening experience.

But I am sure these will be awesome and these may just replace the ES3X on my list of future HPs.

Jun 2, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #33 of 10,743
I will be getting the JH-13 Pro very soon. From what i've gathered from Jerry and all the people who have heard the universals, it's gonna be one amazing IEM. A good upgrade over my UE-10's. The price of the ES3X is still very tempting though.

Jun 2, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #34 of 10,743
I liked the JH10x3 more than the 11 or 13 which were a bit bright to my ears. JH told me there was a 3-4dB peak at about 6KHz with the universal demos of the custom IEM that wont be there in the final version, and to not worry about the brightness because it is just an artifact of the demo version. While none of the JH demo versions sounded better than my ES3X, my ES3X are perfectly molded to my ears and the demos were not made for them. So, they could indeed be quite good. I liked the 10x3 about as much as my W3 with UM56 tips (and more than my Livewires), and yet I know I was only hearing the "potential" of the 10x3 and not what it really will be like.

At the UE table I thought the UE4Pro universal demo IEM using Complys tips sounded quite similar to the UM3X I tried earlier with my Westone UM56 custom tips. It's difficult to compare directly when running from room to room to do it. I told them that if the Triple.fi 10 pro had sounded as good as the universal demo of the new UE4 that I would still have them. The UE11Pro demos did seem to be much closer to my ES3X, and I slightly preferred them to the UE10Pro demos which were still very good. I also preferred the UE11Pro demo more than the JH demos (again, likely due to the different tips and not being made for my ears). The gap in performance between the UE4Pro demo and UE10Pro wasn't huge, but it was bigger than the gap between the UE10Pro and UE11Pro demo which was smaller.

I have no regrets with the ES3X, and think they are stunning. I would love to review a JH or UE custom, but their top of the line are not in the cards right now because maybe one perfect custom (or HD800) is enough for my poor little wallet to endure for now.

Jun 2, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #35 of 10,743
I'm not even sure how to begin this...

I had to go back multiple times, just to get more of the awesomeness that emits from these bad boys.

I would have to say the JH-13's were my favorite part of Canjam, the SQ was incredible, sound stage was nice and big. I was so impressed as were a ton of people, that I too gave Jerry my molds to hold till I have the funds (soon I hope, I cant wait). I really think this is the last headphone you or I will ever need, at least in the portable realm. They are spot on what a IEM should sound like, very balanced, not a bump in any one area, everything sounded literally perfect. All you need is an RSA amp, and your golden. I heard Jude's predator and my tomahawk and I actually preferred the tomy. seriously these are gold, I dont have a pair of customs yet, but i assure you these will be my first and last.

Jun 2, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #36 of 10,743
Did anyone get any photos of the real deal? The only picture I can find of it is the one on the JHaudio website.

Jun 2, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #39 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Google can't find any link for me for the JH-13 or Jeff Harvey's website. Where do I get more info on this?

here

Jun 2, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #40 of 10,743
Quote:

Google can't find any link for me for the JH-13 or Jeff Harvey's website. Where do I get more info on this?

JH AUDIO | Listen Up

Bojamijams, Iron_Dreamer is a metal fan like us, so I think we can trust him.
wink.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #41 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JH AUDIO | Listen Up

Bojamijams, Iron_Dreamer is a metal fan like us, so I think we can trust him.
wink.gif

ugh.. I know
smily_headphones1.gif
.. I'm already rationalizing how to fund this.. turbines will definetly go.. esw10jpn's too maybe eek.. but then again.. if its as good as it seems, I'm sure I won't have issues parting with them
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #43 of 10,743
Quote:

ugh.. I know
smily_headphones1.gif
.. I'm already rationalizing how to fund this.. turbines will definetly go.. esw10jpn's too maybe eek.. but then again.. if its as good as it seems, I'm sure I won't have issues parting with them
smily_headphones1.gif

Me too, I will probably sell my ESW10JPN to fund the JH13 Pro.

I will keep the HF-2 for my work setup and the JH13 Pro for my home and portable setup.

Jun 2, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #44 of 10,743
I will have a pair of JH13's heading my way.

I liked the frequency response better than the ES3X. I prefer brighter treble sound. The JH13 just has that extra edge, without sounding edgey.

Also the soundstage is different shaped. A deeper, more surrounded sound, compared to the ES3X's up front, flat, and wide soundstage.

-Ed

Jun 2, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #45 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What accessories does it come with ?

Probably the usual staple of cleaning tool, etc.

Jerry did have a Carbon Fiber case that he's going to carry it. And yes, it was real Carbon Fiber. LOL, overkill? Yes, please.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back