JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jun 19, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #10,216 of 10,743
Yeah, I thought so. Hopefully its not like freq phase

Either way I'm very happy with my 16fp but adjustable bass would be neat.

Listening to mine right now - I don't think I'd want to increase the bass :) - But for a couple db drop, I can always EQ (unless I'm using DX90)

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #10,217 of 10,743
Dis.  I wonder if the 16 has more treble than the 13 because of it's boosted bass?  Also, is there a difference in the size of the stage between the 13 and 16?

I felt the 16 had a slightly bigger soundstage when I tried the demos. Nothing massive but just a tiny difference.

Listening to mine right now - I don't think I'd want to increase the bass :) - But for a couple db drop, I can always EQ (unless I'm using DX90)

Oh yeah down not up :) be interesting to drop it to 13 levels and see. I use an X3 so no eq possible.

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #10,218 of 10,743
Arghhhh crap. I realized that while walking, the left iem keeps going on and off.. Troubleshot the problem and turns out the part where the cable attaches to the bass control thing is the source of the problem... When that part is slightly bent, the left iem goes bonkers.. Emailed JH audio, and hopefully they'll get me a new cable... It's ironic when the added functionality causes the whole iem to be unusable... 
triportsad.gif
 I'd rather have iems that have too much/little bass as compared to iems that only work on one side.. 
frown.gif

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #10,220 of 10,743
The default connectors up to date have always been the 2-pin type. I believe that catalyst's case is one where JHA is applying the 4-pin system into previous model, but it would have been nice of them to notice and get his approval before making the change. I wouldn't be happy if I was having a TWag/Silver Dragon/etc...aftermarket cable in my hands and found out that they'd be at least temporarily obsolete for my newly arrived monitors.

That would be a relief if this was the case. Because I am oogling at the DHC Symbiote Fusion Hybrid Cable and not to left out the Silver Dragon too!

Jun 20, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #10,221 of 10,743
That would be a relief if this was the case. Because I am oogling at the DHC Symbiote Fusion Hybrid Cable and not to left out the Silver Dragon too!

If these CIEM's are so good I doubt that they need the tiny tweak that cables might bring.

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #10,223 of 10,743
Update: I have just received the reply from Angie. She said that all JH13s and JH16s are now made with the 4-pin connectors.

If the intermittent problem on the left side (or right side) while using on-the-go turns out to be a common occurence. I guess its time to find the van-den-hul contact cleaner solutions and only pray that it helps. =(

Jun 24, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #10,225 of 10,743
Anyone knows how much does waiting time is for JH13?

For Roxanne it´s about 6-7 month, I donut know if for JH13 is the same....

I doubt it. The 4pin cable may add a tiny bit of lead time but when I got my 16s in March I was told around 15-20 business days turnaround time

I'd email to verify but I'm certain it'd be a month max

Jun 24, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #10,227 of 10,743
I don't know if it's my imagination or my hearing but I get the sensation that sound is very slightly biased to the left with my 13fp's. If I use the balance control on my iPhone to try and correct it as soon as I move the slider fractionally to the right the life kind of goes from the music. Any ideas?

Jun 24, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #10,228 of 10,743
I ordered my JH13s on the 10th of June and requested a rush order. That same day Angie responded saying that rush processing was not possible at the time due to the high volume of orders they had been receiving, and added that the turnaround time for these CIEMS would take around 38-42 business days. Like me, you'll need to wait 2 months before these babies reach your doorstep.

Jun 25, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #10,229 of 10,743
My waiting time of 38-42 days finally ended today!

Got mine and I am a little relieved that mine was the Westone 2-Pin Connector. Gonna go grab a couple of aftermarket cables to play with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back