JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Apr 17, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #10,081 of 10,743

Something is coming...... :cool::cool:

Apr 17, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #10,082 of 10,743

LOL processor? What!? FreqPhase as far as I understand is just re-positioning the drivers and altering the bore lengths for each respective driver to make sure they are phase that way. Much more lo-fi and less likely to stuff up.

I saw the processor from one of his patents called, "Phase correcting canalphone system and method"  I guess it's not implemented.  Processors now are very small.

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #10,083 of 10,743
Very interesting! Thanks for sharing. :)

Apr 18, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #10,084 of 10,743
Jerry Harvey is an impressive inventor.  Does anybody know if he was the first to invent crossovers with multiple BA drivers?  I don't know where he learned all this, not sure even if has a EE degree.  It says he became a roadie for a band at the age of 17, and then later moved up to sound engineer, then he solved a problem of stage monitors being too loud. It's a story made for a film.  If he ever gets a bio made, I'll be interesting in reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Harvey_(inventor)

Look at his patents, and his designs(the concepts used in his designs of a someone with formal technical background), he's a genius.  If he had no formal schooling, he is a real genius! 

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #10,085 of 10,743
Something arrived today! :)

Apr 24, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #10,087 of 10,743
  Congrats! How do you find them?

The sound like the little brother of the Roxannes, something like a baby Roxanne. The Roxannes share the same signature, just with a richer fuller presentation and a sweeter treble that is more extended and less fatiguing. I know that description of the treble kind of contradicts itself but thats how it is and thats why the Roxannes are quite amazing really. 
The Roxannes sound like a fully scalled ultra high end JH13. But the JH13 can really hold its own against alot, if not all IEM's out there. Maybe with the exception of the Roxannes. Don't get me wrong, it does not sound terrible next to the Roxannes, just that when you A/B it, you'll surely know that the Roxannes are better with similar presentation and signature just better, even with a blind test. 

All in all though, I am really enjoying the 13's. :)

Apr 24, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #10,088 of 10,743

The sound like the little brother of the Roxannes, something like a baby Roxanne. The Roxannes share the same signature, just with a richer fuller presentation and a sweeter treble that is more extended and less fatiguing. I know that description of the treble kind of contradicts itself but thats how it is and thats why the Roxannes are quite amazing really. 
The Roxannes sound like a fully scalled ultra high end JH13. But the JH13 can really hold its own against alot, if not all IEM's out there. Maybe with the exception of the Roxannes. Don't get me wrong, it does not sound terrible next to the Roxannes, just that when you A/B it, you'll surely know that the Roxannes are better with similar presentation and signature just better, even with a blind test. 

Thanks for the impressions.  What kind of sound signature do you usually go for?  Are you into vocals mostly?  I notice you have the HE-6.  :)  
Interms of clarity, which do you think sound more resolving?  Which sound more neutral?

Thank you.

Apr 24, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #10,089 of 10,743
My cable needs replacing.  Have to choose between replacing the cable from JH Audio or getting the FiiO RC-WT1 re-cable.
Anyone have any experience with the FiiO replacement cable?

thanks

Apr 24, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #10,090 of 10,743

I agree with your comments. If you compare the Roxanne (with bass tuned flat) to the JH13, you'll notice that the JH13 tries to over achieve but in the end it's not quite right.

Bass = too much on JH13
Mid = better on the Roxanne
High = too much on the JH13
Very High = better on Roxanne

I wouldn't be surprised if you can get the 13 to sound very similar by EQing the bass below 100 Hz -3 dB, the highs around 8K -3 dB, and the very high frequencies around 16K +3 dB.

It may not sound exactly the same because having quad drivers surely gives it more overhead, but you should get mighty close.

Apr 25, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #10,094 of 10,743
Apr 27, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #10,095 of 10,743
Thanks for the impressions.  What kind of sound signature do you usually go for?  Are you into vocals mostly?  I notice you have the HE-6.  :)  
Interms of clarity, which do you think sound more resolving?  Which sound more neutral?

Thank you.

I usually like very clear sound which is very transparent but I also enjoy a very thick and lush sound. Yes I own a HE6 and it's my all time favorite headphone. But now the LCDX is catching on with the lush thick sound of the LCD2 and the clarity and treble energy of the HE6.
But back to the JH13 vs HE6. The HE6 is obviously more resolving and more neutral. But it's bass is kind of lacking in quantity.
And I am using the JH13 with the ALO SXC cable and it sound so much more dynamic with more slam. HEHEHEHEHE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back