JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Mar 4, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #9,976 of 10,743
Hi! How is the ordering system like? Do i place an order first before i send my impressions or do i send my impressions first? also would like to know if the money is deducted immediately once you order or would it be deducted only when your impressions arrive at their lab?

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #9,979 of 10,743
Would wanna ask,

would anyone have a guess how the UM Mentor would stack up against the JH13fp? I'm offered the opportunity to buy half a UM Mentor, but there isn't much reviews and comparisons in yet

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #9,980 of 10,743

You order first and the funds are taken immediately. Spend the extra 100 and go for rush processing it is well worth it.

Originally Posted by 3nenbgumi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I concur .

I'm going to lend another vote for this. I didn't pay the extra $100 "rush fee", and I waited in frustration as I read comments from others who ordered after me and got their JH-13s before me and reported perfect fits. When I got mine, they were quite bad: ridiculously bad fit and tons of bubbles throughout the acrylic. They looked like whoever made them didn't care at all. I sent them back with a set of newly made impressions — both to demonstrate how off they were and to ensure that they had a set of good impressions — and have been waiting two weeks since they received the new impressions and the returned IEMs. I'm still waiting to hear back. 

Based on the feedback from others who have paid the rush fee, I now believe that the "rush fee" should be considered as part of the price of the product by any customer who wants to be taken seriously and treated as a 1st-class citizen. If I had paid the rush fee, I get the feeling that my order would have been treated as an "important" order for a preferred customer. I think that is the main benefit: the "rush" is just an extra perk. Certainly, my experience does not make me feel like an important customer — more like a 2nd-class citizen to the celebrity musicians that they serve and those who paid for preferential treatment. (and still no product or even any indication that there will ever be... although I trust that this will eventually be worked out.)

Although I can't be entirely sure that I wouldn't have faced the same problems if I had paid the extra $100, I have definitely paid far more than that in trying to overcome JHAs inadequacies: in the price for the new impressions, return shipping, and time required to leave work to get the impressions, ship them, and attempts at contacting JH Audio.  

So, yeah... just pay the extra $100 and consider it part of the cost. Then you'll have some leverage if you end up in a situation like me. 

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #9,981 of 10,743

I'm going to lend another vote for this. I didn't pay the extra $100 "rush fee", and I waited in frustration as I read comments from others who ordered after me and got their JH-13s before me and reported perfect fits. When I got mine, they were quite bad: ridiculously bad fit and tons of bubbles throughout the acrylic. They looked like whoever made them didn't care at all. I sent them back with a set of newly made impressions — both to demonstrate how off they were and to ensure that they had a set of good impressions — and have been waiting two weeks since they received the new impressions and the returned IEMs. I'm still waiting to hear back. 

Based on the feedback from others who have paid the rush fee, I now believe that the "rush fee" should be considered as part of the price of the product by any customer who wants to be taken seriously and treated as a 1st-class citizen. If I had paid the rush fee, I get the feeling that my order would have been treated as an "important" order for a preferred customer. I think that is the main benefit: the "rush" is just an extra perk. Certainly, my experience does not make me feel like an important customer — more like a 2nd-class citizen to the celebrity musicians that they serve and those who paid for preferential treatment. (and still no product or even any indication that there will ever be... although I trust that this will eventually be worked out.)

Although I can't be entirely sure that I wouldn't have faced the same problems if I had paid the extra $100, I have definitely paid far more than that in trying to overcome JHAs inadequacies: in the price for the new impressions, return shipping, and time required to leave work to get the impressions, ship them, and attempts at contacting JH Audio.  

So, yeah... just pay the extra $100 and consider it part of the cost. Then you'll have some leverage if you end up in a situation like me. 

Oh i have yet to reach the "Order Page' yet haha but i assume that there's an option on the order form for the $100 rush processing? Or is it more of a special request thing where I'd have to send a seperate email to JH to request for it? Btw, what's the difference in the turnaround time between normal processing and rush processing?

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #9,982 of 10,743

Oh i have yet to reach the "Order Page' yet haha but i assume that there's an option on the order form for the $100 rush processing? Or is it more of a special request thing where I'd have to send a seperate email to JH to request for it? Btw, what's the difference in the turnaround time between normal processing and rush processing?

You're looking at 10 days vs. 3-4 weeks (or even 4-6 weeks in a peak period) here. I guess the win-win sittuation is to place a rush order during a sale, that way you'll still save yourself some bucks while avoiding the long-a** lead time.   

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #9,983 of 10,743
Sorry could any (or both) of you answer this question: How do the 13's fare against the Tralucent 1Plus2? Would they have the 1+2 beat in the clarity department?

I have extensivly compared both and for me the 13Fp does.

Both of them have that out-of-the-head-feel. The 1+2 has a lot more bass presence especially on the midbass for me.. jh13 sounds thinner on vocals.
Overall i find the 13 fp to be more spacious because it's on the thinner side while having a very slight midbass hump and boosted subbass leading to an analytical with a little bit of fun sounding iem. 1+2 shares the same too, they are very well detailed with a lof of fun and the bass will not lack on any song u throw at them.

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #9,984 of 10,743

After they receive your impressions you can call them and add rush processing. I imagine you could call them before however the days don't start counting until they receive your impressions.

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #9,985 of 10,743
I would rate them on the same level for clarity/transparency. Key differences are the sound stage and signature: jh13fp has narrower staging and more neutral/flat while 1p2 is more V-shaped comparatively. Some feel jh13fp has a bit more clarity on the sub bass region as 1p2 has a bit more mid bass and may overpower sub bass notes on some tracks, but personally I can still very distinctly pick out the sub-bass note.

Both are really top class and it should mainly be a decision based on preference on signature, sound stage, and customs v universals.

I have extensivly compared both and for me the 13Fp does.

Both of them have that out-of-the-head-feel. The 1+2 has a lot more bass presence especially on the midbass for me.. jh13 sounds thinner on vocals.
Overall i find the 13 fp to be more spacious because it's on the thinner side while having a very slight midbass hump and boosted subbass leading to an analytical with a little bit of fun sounding iem. 1+2 shares the same too, they are very well detailed with a lof of fun and the bass will not lack on any song u throw at them.

Thanks folks for the comparisons, even though they make me baffled at why I did not shell out another 100 bucks to get it done and over with sooner 
confused_face_2.gif

Patience is a virtue I guess  
popcorn.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #9,987 of 10,743
Thanks folks for the comparisons, even though they make me baffled at why I did not shell out another 100 bucks to get it done and over with sooner :confused_face_2: .

Patience is a virtue I guess  :popcorn: .

I did not compare them extensively :p

But have heard the JH13FP demo, and had a week with the 1p2 and purely from memory, the 1p2 sounds waaaay more out of head than the JH13FP. The JH sounds like a very 3D bubble around your head with amazing imaging. The 1p2 sounds like it very literally puts things way out in front of you.

As far as clarity goes, in the sense of it sounds like there is literally nothing between you and the images, the UERM has both beat, but is more liquid sounding than both. Again from memory.

If you already ordered the JH13FP, enjoy and don't worry, because if the demo is any indication, you'll be very happy because it is a fantastic IEM.

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #9,989 of 10,743
How long ago did you listen to the 13 and the 1 plus 2? Did you listen to both them within the same time window?

I listened to the JH13FP demo for like 30-40 minutes. 1p2 for a week and a few days. Not in the same time window.

But to be frank, the difference is very stark as to how they present music. Both are very memorable in what they do in a very high level sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back