JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Feb 5, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #7,501 of 10,743
Add one more to the list of recent JH13 orders. Just had my impressions taken and ordered today - hopefully I won't have the fitment issues some of you are having.

I guess page 500 of a thread is a good enough place to stop lurking and make my first post.

Feb 9, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #7,502 of 10,743
I'm thinking you won't have long to wait; I ordered online and sent my impressions in last Tuesday (Feb. 2). JH Audio received them Thursday.
I got an email yesterday saying they were in the lab; and this afternoon, I received a tracking number-they are expected to arrive this Thursday.

That's just over a week, including shipping both ways, and I am located in a remote area of Northern Michigan. Pretty fast turnaround, I think. I'm hoping for a perfect fit the first time out.

Feb 9, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #7,503 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsilvio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
10th refit and counting! I'm starting to lose hope at this point.
frown.gif

That's insane.

Feb 9, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #7,504 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Jacket Mike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm thinking you won't have long to wait; I ordered online and sent my impressions in last Tuesday (Feb. 2). JH Audio received them Thursday.
I got an email yesterday saying they were in the lab; and this afternoon, I received a tracking number-they are expected to arrive this Thursday.

That's just over a week, including shipping both ways, and I am located in a remote area of Northern Michigan. Pretty fast turnaround, I think. I'm hoping for a perfect fit the first time out.

No kidding! Yesterday I got the email that they'd received my earmolds (shipped by Frances Miranda), and today I got the "in the lab" notification. It won't be long now; in fact, I expect to have the IEMS long before the amp I ordered 5 days earlier. I'm sure it'll make me appreciate the amp that much more.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #7,505 of 10,743
Which amp are most people using with their JH 13pros.

Feb 10, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #7,507 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoNB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which amp are most people using with their JH 13pros.

Im still trying to decide between the Pico Slim and the Protector, currently i use it unamped out of either the iPhone 3G or iPod Classic 7G

Feb 10, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #7,508 of 10,743
May as well start the deluge of answers then. I ordered a pico to go with mine, based on the experience of others. I have heard neither the amp nor the JH13's before, but they're both bound to be eye-openingly better than what I've been listening to.

Feb 10, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #7,509 of 10,743
I've had the ALO Rx for only a week or so; until I got it, I had never listened to anything from my iPod other than through the headphone output. The amp makes a huge difference, most notably in the width and depth of the soundstage.

Hopefully the JH13s will be an even larger leap forward. From what I've read, they will be. Day after tomorrow, I'll be able to try them out.

Feb 10, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #7,510 of 10,743
Well, they're here, a day early. Great service and fast turnaround from JH Audio.

I haven't had a chance to do any extensive listening yet, but I was curious about the fit and seal, so I put them in-I've never had anything as deep in my ear before, except maybe the impressions when they were made a couple of weeks ago.

Rotating them in, and 'popping' the top under the upper lip of my ear produced a perfect fit and seal--no discomfort. They do require a little effort to remove, however-I guess that's a good thing, though, meaning that the seal is good.

As far as the sound goes, I've just tried a few of my favorite tracks; notably 'Somewhere, Somebody' from Jennifer Warnes' album, "The Hunter." Bass is fantastic, clean and deep. Very wide soundstage, gorgeous highs. This is about as good as I've heard this track, ever. I'm anxious to go for my daily hike later.

With other universal ear monitors, brisk walking, especially on rougher terrain, could cause the seal to break. With these, I don't think jumping up and down would break it. I'm looking forward to a more extended listening session with these.

By the way, mine are clear with no artwork, and a black 48" cord. They came in the standard black felt drawstring bag, along with a cleaning tool, all packaged in the OtterBox with my name on it.

So far, no buyers' remorse whatsoever.

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #7,511 of 10,743
Was it just me or did anyone else get 2 cables with your JH 13s. I got mine with the cable attached and second cable in the otterbox.

Feb 10, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #7,513 of 10,743
Really? I don't remember seeing that. I got hold of mine via the black wendesday special last year.

Feb 10, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #7,514 of 10,743
From facebook jhaudio:

JH Audio Place your order online tomorrow, 9-11am EST, for our JH13 Black Wednesday deal: $150 off+bonus cable+free ground shipping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back