Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, to those who just don't get it.

rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's lonely at the top!
evil_smiley.gif

Aaron, JP nums and tyrion are going to make me learn to like jazz whether I like it or not! Are you bringing the Luxman to the NY Meet? I'd love to try the JH13s out of it.

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #7,385 of 10,747
Come to my house next week end. Quiet and no time constraints. I'll pick you up from the LIRR.

We've got Latin Jazz, quartet/quintet, modern, jazz fusion, big band, etc.

Jan 26, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #7,391 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I coudl probably do jazz as long as it had guitars and drums, cause jimmy chamberlin, my favorite drummer started out in jazz
biggrin.gif
any recommendations?

Wes Montgomery, Grant Green, Pat Martino, Pat Metheny, John Scofield, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Adam Rogers.

The first two guys are "old skool" and very accessible.

John McLaughlin is a jazz fusion pioneer and guitar virtuoso who has always played with amazing drummers, but he's definitely not for everyone.

John Scofield is also a drumming talent spotter.

Jan 26, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #7,392 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wes Montgomery, Grant Green, Pat Martino, Pat Metheny, John Scofield, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Adam Rogers.

The first two guys are "old skool" and very accessible.

John McLaughlin is a jazz fusion pioneer and guitar virtuoso who has always played with amazing drummers, but he's definitely not for everyone.

John Scofield is also a drumming talent spotter.

Dont want to stay OT for too much longer but darn, im not used to this jazz stuff, just checked wikipedia for which album to get, and its not like rock or metal, hese guys have like a hundred cds each!
eek.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #7,393 of 10,747
OK, I'll make it easy. Start out with Jimmy Bruno "Like That" and it will be like listening to rock, but more snazzed up, more complicated lines, and true talent which would be considered more on the modern side than say, something like "Miles Davis" which is more traditional. Jimmy Bruno is blues guitar, fuzed with Jazz, at a nice fast pace. Also, every other band member gets their leads.

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #7,394 of 10,747
Can anyone compare the ah-d7000 and jh13pro.
Which has more quanity and which has more slam and impact?

Is it worth getting the ah-d7000 if you have the jh13pro?

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #7,395 of 10,747
D7000 has more bass quantity, slam and impact. Coming from JH13, mids will sound rather distant, but not that much recessed. They're fun cans with quite some detail, and much more forgiving with poorly recorded songs than JH13, very enjoyable with mainstream stuff and movies. And there's also the uber comfort factor, they're so comfortable that you can hardly feel any clamping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back