JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jan 25, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #7,366 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicalMetal420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must confess that I haven't managed to audition many different IEM's and I also find it hard to portray my feelings in traditional 'head-fi speak'. (Hell, I sometimes doubt that even the people employing these complicated terminologies actually know what they’re talking about most of the time!)

I would say the JH13’s aren’t very dissimilar to the IE8’s, they just do everything much better. For example, the details on the 13’s are astounding. The details on the IE8’s are astounding too, only the JH13’s have a much better presentation of those details. The soundstage seems about the same to me on both IEM’s but I don’t think crazy big soundstage was ever the point of the 13’s.

What I like most about the JH13’s are:
The way drums are represented.
Being a drummer myself, I can appreciate how close the reproduction of drums and cymbals actually are. Its mindblowing how clear and real everything sounds.
The way the mix is represented.
Everything always seems to be in exactly the right place. To give a few examples from rock music: vocal harmonies are just behind the vocalist, the bass guitar is slightly above the kick drum and the vocals are in direct center.
The separation.
For me it’s all about the details, and there’s no point of detailed sound without great separation! This is where the JH13’s really shines. I can pick out everything - absolutely everything. For example, the bass guitar is just above the kick drum but I can pick both out on 1000 miles-an-hour speed metal.

Hmmm amongst the many descriptions of the JH 13s one word seems ubiquitous - REALISM. Thanks a lot, this info was very useful and then some. Darn you JH 13 for insulting my IE8 like that!

Jan 25, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #7,367 of 10,747
REALISM, yes. But I think what makes them realistic is SPEED.

They are really really fast. That is probably a function of the dual drivers (lower distortion, more headroom), combined with the fact that the crossover is just sending them the bits of the frequency spectrum that they are designed to handle with aplomb.

Jan 25, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #7,369 of 10,747
I know wrong thread wrong place but I gotta ask. How do I get my rig info to appear in replies.

Jan 25, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #7,370 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gotta say, the 13's just may have converted me to a jazz listener. Either that or growing older has something to do with it.
redface.gif

I've never really been able to dig jazz, but with these iems I'm now starting to love the genre. Miles Davis', "Kind of Blue" is a real pleasure. Gonna dig out my one Diana Krall cd soon.

That's good to hear; I have been meaning to do the same thing. I periodically try to get into jazz and have always given up in the past. Looks like it is time to try again.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 25, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #7,371 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoNB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know wrong thread wrong place but I gotta ask. How do I get my rig info to appear in replies.

Click on user CP tab at the top of this page. Go to Edit Signature in Settings and Options and you will be away.
smile_phones.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #7,372 of 10,747
It all shows up in my profile but doesn't pull into a post. ??????? Thanks Krismusic.

Jan 26, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #7,375 of 10,747
I don't have that option. All is get is links, retrieve title and diable smiles; attach files and thread subscription.
frown.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #7,376 of 10,747
I changed "My Location" ok but nothing for signature. Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread.

Jan 26, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #7,378 of 10,747
If you are reffering to what I meant, save signature is a clickable button at the bottom of the feild where you write your sig. Not sure what Lil Knight means. As I say, non techy! Gotta go to bed. 12.25 am here. Hope you sort it.
beerchug.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #7,379 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's good to hear; I have been meaning to do the same thing. I periodically try to get into jazz and have always given up in the past. Looks like it is time to try again.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jazz aint about the phones man.

Jan 26, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #7,380 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by glory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have bought the JH13 and need a cable 15' long. What have you guys found to be a great cable replacement for the stock wire?

I have been using the ones from my UE-10's which can be ordered, and more importantly my TWags, from Whiplash Audio, but you're going to need DIY or an extension for 15'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back