JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jun 24, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #631 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by alfskan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when did you send your order form?

because they receive my order six days ago(Brittany said she got it. and of course I sent a impression before then.), but I didn`t get my receipt yet.

Also I emailed her, but there`s no reply..

I`m exhausted waitng for..
frown.gif




Relax a tad, there's only so many people ordering, and it takes two weeks to make a pair (standard). For us it takes twenty minutes to order. I asked Jerry the other day when the earliest to receive my order if i were to order now, he actually said it would be best to send impressions in the first/second week of July for the quickest....

so everyone...just relax. At least you guys are some of the people that actually GET a pair
 
Jun 24, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #632 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Relax a tad, there's only so many people ordering, and it takes two weeks to make a pair (standard). For us it takes twenty minutes to order. I asked Jerry the other day when the earliest to receive my order if i were to order now, he actually said it would be best to send impressions in the first/second week of July for the quickest....

so everyone...just relax. At least you guys are some of the people that actually GET a pair



Err... I think a pair only needs half a day to make(go watch the UE clips). Crazyguy and me sent our impressions 2 months ago. So... it is unfair to tell the early birds to relax.... They could have finished those early bird pieces even before it is actually released and sent to us on the release date. I feel very bad for treating us as the first batch together with those orders after release dates. But anyway it is finally coming.... used to waiting already....
 
Jun 24, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #633 of 10,747
I'm pretty sure Jerry waiting on some drivers (said something about that and their expected date at CanJam when I asked him when the 13s would be ready to go), which just arrived. You're not being treated unfairly.
 
Jun 24, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #634 of 10,747
Thanks for the explanation. might be knowles or shipping company's fault for late shipment.
 
Jun 24, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #635 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by behwatch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Err... I think a pair only needs half a day to make(go watch the UE clips). Crazyguy and me sent our impressions 2 months ago. So... it is unfair to tell the early birds to relax.... They could have finished those early bird pieces even before it is actually released and sent to us on the release date. I feel very bad for treating us as the first batch together with those orders after release dates. But anyway it is finally coming.... used to waiting already....


it took half a day to make for that Clip was because that was an One day interview, and they would need to go through everything and all the steps to show them how they are made. These do not take half a day to make, those took half a day with a whole crew doing everything at once. NOt considering JH Audio would most likely have a smaller staff, and are completely overwhelmed with orders, two months maybe have been steeped to wait. But i believe that they were most likely doing adjustments will the release date and needed to make your monitors AFTER the adjustments.
 
Jun 24, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #636 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure Jerry waiting on some drivers (said something about that and their expected date at CanJam when I asked him when the 13s would be ready to go), which just arrived. You're not being treated unfairly.


That could be it too, 12 drivers a pair. Ten pair makes 120 drivers, and them being custom made drivers most likely. They aren't manufacturing them as quickly as Jerry might have thought.
 
Jun 24, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #637 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmascatello /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found the sound of the "universal" JH10x to be on par with the ES3X, if not a bit better (more open) and with a slight bit more detail. The Westone sound is more condensed in the center of the soundstage and can get ever-so-slightly muddy during faster passages (metal, hard rock).


Sounds like the iem lovers of head-fi should band together and beg Jerry to have a line of universal versions of his very best customs! At least, for poor minimum wage folks like me who DON'T want to dish out hundreds every 2-4 years for a refit. I think this is the first public comment so far from an es3x user (cmascatello) to ever have said that a universal monitor actually sounds better (to him) than his own es3x. Shocking!! Had HPA gotten a good fit with them maybe he would've had the same or similar opinion... So, I can't help but imagine (while almost drooling) a JH-13 PRO univeral monitor launched for sale. Maybe he'll call it UM-13 Pro, or JH-UM13 Pro.

Haha. To be serious, fitting 6 drivers in a custom is one thing, fitting 6 in a universal housing without making it look abnormally large might be a challenge. If Jerry is willing to go to such length, um3x may no longer be first in line for my outcoming iem purchase choice.
 
Jun 24, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #639 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuglufttier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You won't need a refit every 2-4 years...

Your ears will stay almost the same from, let's say, 20 till 50.




Jerry also didn't seem to subscribe to this theory you need to get a re fit every few years. He said it more has to do with weight gain/loss than just age.
 
Jun 24, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #641 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jensen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jerry also didn't seem to subscribe to this theory you need to get a re fit every few years. He said it more has to do with weight gain/loss than just age.


I'm less interested in what Jerry's opinion on that matter than what the majority of audiologists say about it. After all, he's a businessman; it wouldn't be too smart to tell his potential customers "Oh yeah, by the way, these won't fit much longer than 2-4 years, sorry," even if it were true.
 
Jun 24, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #642 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuglufttier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You won't need a refit every 2-4 years...

Your ears will stay almost the same from, let's say, 20 till 50.



"Almost the same" may be the difference between a great fit and an "oh my god I can hear my wife snoring in the next room" fit.
 
Jun 24, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #644 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by tigon_ridge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Almost the same" may be the difference between a great fit and an "oh my god I can hear my wife snoring in the next room" fit.


Unless you plan on dropping 40+ pounds. Dramatic weight-loss or gain can have an impact on fit. I asked both my audiologist and Westone techs about this.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top