JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 6, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #6,423 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its like you almost have to bend it to stay at one place. It was really bothering me when i tried to go portable with it.
I always had to move it to make it more comfortable.

Do you think the connivence is worth the $175?
confused_face(1).gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #6,426 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by charpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my customs. Just a question, during insertion, i do not feel pain but there is a slight discomfort. When they are in, they feel snug and isolation is good, very comfortable. But it is quite painful when i am removing them, but only on the left earpiece. Is this a problem of poor fit? I doubt so because all is right except for the removal of the left side earpiece. Any ideas?

I am no expert but when I was talking with JH Audio about my fit, the pain during use was the main determination if the fit was good. I am not sure why there would be pain on removal. Is it more like the seal is being broken and the release of the seal that creates the pain?

I would contact JH Audio with any issues as they want to be sure everything fits correctly.

Dec 6, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #6,427 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the sound only, yes its worth the price. For me it was not, so im trying to sell it now.

This response is a little unclear, are you stating that you perceive the sound difference to be worth the $175?

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #6,429 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

on a more serious note though, does anyone use the Move amps with their jh13's? cuase that seems to be very good, according to skylab, and also very cheap, ones in the sales forum right now for 150, so im thining if its really that good, id just get that. but im worried about hiss, as always haha but the owner said that even on the high gain setting with his triple fi 10's he gets no hiss.

thanks
soup

no hiss with the original Move for me.

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #6,430 of 10,743
After 2 weeks, I've also got fit problems, I was wondering if you guys could share your thoughts so I can work out how to communicate my issues to JHA properly.

LEFT EAR: fits fine, snug, sounds perfect and great isolation. After 20 minutes or so, it starts to ache a bit, it feels like the ache is coming from the outside of my ear (ie around where the helix lock occurs). I can't seem to notice much from sensation from inside my earcanal. It's a bit sore after I remove my earphones.

RIGHT EAR: while it does fit, it doesn't feel at all comfortable in my ear, isolation is worse then left, and the soundstage does not extend as far as it does on my left. After 10 or so minutes it starts to ache considerably, also mainly around the outside of my ear where it locks into place. After removing the phones, it is very tender and I don't feel like putting them back in.

I have small ear canals, and have always struggled for comfortable fits with universal IEMs.

I was just wondering how to better describe my fit issues to JHA. I can tell the right ear feels uncomfortable, but I find it hard to actually explain why. Also, what is the likely solution if you are having pain on the outside of your ears, because I don't think it is stem related (feels aright on the inside)??

It's irritating, because the sound is great otherwise, and I don't want to mess about and start trading SQ for comfort. I also live in Australia, so one refit is going to be pricey (ie insuring international package for $1000) so I really want to get a good refit on the first go. I'm also not sure if I should just leave the left as it is, while it aches a bit, I'm wondering if I'm always going to have a bit of an ache due to small ear canals.

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #6,431 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by slattikarma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no hiss with the original Move for me.

thanks, but youre not making it any easier for me to pick which amp to get haha Move, Pico Slim, or iQube, too many good portable amps these days, i think ive ruled out the Rx though cause of the hiss. is the slim gonna sound 2 and a half times as good as the move? i just dont know, it probably is 2 and a half times smaller though :O

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #6,432 of 10,743
Quote:

After 2 weeks, I've also got fit problems, I was wondering if you guys could share your thoughts so I can work out how to communicate my issues to JHA properly.

LEFT EAR: fits fine, snug, sounds perfect and great isolation. After 20 minutes or so, it starts to ache a bit, it feels like the ache is coming from the outside of my ear (ie around where the helix lock occurs). I can't seem to notice much from sensation from inside my earcanal. It's a bit sore after I remove my earphones.

RIGHT EAR: while it does fit, it doesn't feel at all comfortable in my ear, isolation is worse then left, and the soundstage does not extend as far as it does on my left. After 10 or so minutes it starts to ache considerably, also mainly around the outside of my ear where it locks into place. After removing the phones, it is very tender and I don't feel like putting them back in.

I have small ear canals, and have always struggled for comfortable fits with universal IEMs.

I was just wondering how to better describe my fit issues to JHA. I can tell the right ear feels uncomfortable, but I find it hard to actually explain why. Also, what is the likely solution if you are having pain on the outside of your ears, because I don't think it is stem related (feels aright on the inside)??

It's irritating, because the sound is great otherwise, and I don't want to mess about and start trading SQ for comfort. I also live in Australia, so one refit is going to be pricey (ie insuring international package for $1000) so I really want to get a good refit on the first go. I'm also not sure if I should just leave the left as it is, while it aches a bit, I'm wondering if I'm always going to have a bit of an ache due to small ear canals.

Assuming there's no pain from the bores (the part you put inside your ear canals), it could be the helix lock portion being a little too lengthy, it presses against the ear wall too much. I had the same problem on my left piece, returned by stating "need shallower helix lock portion, the part with the jh13 words on it, too much it presses onto my ear wall". Not sure if thats accurate enough, but thats all i could come up with.

Your right side might be the helix lock + bad fit, pain issue seems worse than left ear, might be more than the helix lock. Regarding fit, bore too loose? Do you have blocked sound occasionally? The fellas at Jaben suggested i get shorter bores, because they observed there's a part in my ear that shrinks into a turn normally, whereas when i stretch my ear or during impressions was made, it opens up and becomes a very straight canal. My right piece terminates right at the turning point because the impression suggested that part is straight, hence its blocked often, causing unbalance, even no sound sometimes. I have to move my ear or the earpiece every min to get the sound right. Not sure if that applies to you, just an idea for you to ask your audiologist whether he/she sees the same.

You need to pinpoint the source of the pain/problem exactly, if there's more than one. For me its fairly straightforward.

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #6,433 of 10,743
Thanks for your response.

I have no blocked sound, and no changes in sound if I push the phones around. So perhaps the problems are not bore related.

I think it could be a more pronounced helix lock problem on my right. The bore feels ok, it just feels like body of the phone does not fit my outer ear at all.

I'm visiting the audiologist tomorrow, but I'm not really sure if she can help too much because aesthetically it looks good. But I guess I'll just sit down tonight and wear the phones with no music and just concentrate on what is wrong.

cheers!

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #6,434 of 10,743
Quote:

Thanks for your response.

I have no blocked sound, and no changes in sound if I push the phones around. So perhaps the problems are not bore related.

I think it could be a more pronounced helix lock problem on my right. The bore feels ok, it just feels like body of the phone does not fit my outer ear at all.

I'm visiting the audiologist tomorrow, but I'm not really sure if she can help too much because aesthetically it looks good. But I guess I'll just sit down tonight and wear the phones with no music and just concentrate on what is wrong.

cheers!

I know what u mean, I get that too.

Dec 7, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #6,435 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks, but youre not making it any easier for me to pick which amp to get haha Move, Pico Slim, or iQube, too many good portable amps these days, i think ive ruled out the Rx though cause of the hiss. is the slim gonna sound 2 and a half times as good as the move? i just dont know, it probably is 2 and a half times smaller though :O

All I can say is it sounds fantastic out of the Move, and on low gain mode you can turn it up a quarter of the way until it gets too loud. No clipping for me, and markedly better than straight out of an ipod, especially the low end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back