JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 9, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #3,181 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha ha, yes you're right this is an appreciation thread. Sorry if I sounded like wasn't blown away by them. If I wasn't clear, I was quite impressed with all of the universal samples at the meet yesterday especially the JH13. There were some things about the universals that I didn't like, such as soundstage and imaging, which wasn't as accurate as I expected. But again, I know they're universals and and I expect the custom units to resolve them based on what others are saying here.

Apologies -- I thought you'd been following this thread more closely, specially in the last few days.

My comments were meant as a joke on the fact some members round here have been nearly lynched (by few others round here) for stating anything that is not FULL praise for the JH13 (customs or universals), sometimes using the excuse this is an Appreciation thread or the like, ie only postive comments should be allowed.

However, most other members posting here appreciate the fact that all appreciation threads normally include positive, not so positive, and even negative comments about the piece of gear being discussed.

So, please feel free to post all your questions & comments - good or bad - as these will be much more helpful to those still undecided or who may consider getting the JH13 at a later stage.

Aug 9, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #3,184 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
or I am completely insane! BA had better overall sound and at the volume you would listen at no hum at at notches above normal listening volume ( and enough to take your head clean off your body) there is low frequency hum (slight).

GS1 though could be set up with low setting with a gain of 1 which would get the volume pot in the 12 o'clock range and then the high setting with a gain of 6 or 7 for most other phones. Dead quiet in low gain setting until 2-3 oclock on the dial and again just a slight hum and that volume would deafen you instantly should you hit play.

Moral of the story is these are great headphones and the phrase "good for an IEM" for me has been discarded when discussing the JH13s. To me they stand toe to toe with each and every top tier dynamic headphone past and present.

I completely agree PJ. That's why I had my 13s with me yesterday, and why I listen to them on my RSA Apache at work.

Aug 9, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #3,185 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not to put words in others mouths but I am comfortable stating that to a greater or lesser degree these headfiers would agree with my JH13 view

Tyrion, Boomana, Edwood, Irondreamer amonst others

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Abso-to-da-lutely!

yes

Aug 9, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #3,186 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just listening to the first Liquid Tension Experiment album with the JH13s...

Too freaky for comfort...
eek.gif

After not listening to LTE for a couple of months, I listened to both of their albums twice yesterday. I didn't even know many people knew about them.

Aug 9, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #3,187 of 10,747
I would like to note that four mods have been cleaning up this thread at various points throughout the day. So,

1. Although comparisons between other headphones and iems are certainly part of the deal here, if you wish to have a discussion about another headphone or iem specifically, please do so in an appropriate thread for that topic.

2. I have already requested that discussions about age be left out of this thread. This is not the place to have that discussion, and I will not ask politely again.

3. Personal battles need to stop entering this thread. To those of you who have chosen to engage, please take this as an official warning.

Aug 10, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #3,188 of 10,747
Hey Boomana, thanks.
beerchug.gif

Aug 10, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #3,193 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Were all the JH guys (Brittany & Adam) at the meet?

No. I believe they sent demos to iron dreamer, who brought them to the meet.

Aug 10, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #3,194 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Were all the JH guys (Brittany & Adam) at the meet? I sent Adam an email 3 days ago but haven't got any response.

I sent an email 5 days ago and have yet to recieve a response. I ain't in a hurry and I am willing to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back