JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 6, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #2,926 of 10,743
rockboxx on my ipod nano 1g (a player which is almost 4 years old) is about 10 hours. original battery life was rated at 12 hours. i think the drop in performance is more due to the player's age than to rockboxx making a hard impact on the player.

Aug 6, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #2,929 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your comments.

Yes, unfortunately you get quite a few (very) young members who hype things up quite a bit and with a tendency to post endlessly. Unfortunately we can't see their faces or know their ages --although the latter is normally quite clear to me.

Add to that the ease of cut and paste from other posts/ sources where one can seem knowledgeable, plus a high post count to seem even experienced...well, you catch my drift.

As crazy as this may sound I honestly think that certain gear - as is the case with alcohol consumption - should only be sold to people who can prove they're at least 25/30 years old. Many young, innocent and understandably immature new members who come here looking for a better set of IEM's/ headphones suddenly come across items such as JH13/ UE11/ UE10/ ES3X/ HE90/ HD800/ R10/ Orpheus/ Stax/ K1000 and so on. They suddenly get the 'need/ urge' to get one (or more) of those pieces of gear PLUS other gear, eg amps, cables, better sources.

Here's one of the best posts I've come across on head-fi, which I think is very relevant to this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/bef...9/#post5600823 -- The heading Navigating this forum is simply excellent.

That's a pretty ignorant statement. I have owned koss ksc75s, etymotic er61s, sennheiser hd-25-1 mk2s, and now a pair of um3xs. I have heard flaws and have been unsatisfied with all of these headphones. This is a frustrating situation for me because, the westone guys recommended that I should get the um3x, and wait until I'm older to get a pair of customs. so that's what I did. I got the um3x and am still not completely happy. The reason I've gone for iems over full sized phones is mainly because they get used MUCH more, making them a better value and also more practical. What then would you recomend that I do? Are you saying that I'm not old enough or experienced enough to appreciate high-end headphones? Are you telling me that I should be satisfied with what I have now? Do you think I can't hear or appreciate the differences between different phones? I find it rather immature of you to make uninformed, generalized posts like this one. The main concern for me with customs is obviously that I'd grow out of them within 1 to 2 years, or else I'd by them in a heart beat. So for now I'm torn between building my cd collection, or building a setup that will support my future jh 13 purchase.

Aug 6, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #2,930 of 10,743
I find that is also a pretty ignorant statement considering he himself only joined in December of 08'. Also age has nothing to do with it. I may be a younger head-fier but unlike a lot here I have been a audiophile for most of my life growing up with top end speakers in my home since I was born (literally) so I am going to say that age has absolutely nothing to do with the ability to understand what you are listening to.

Aug 6, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #2,931 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heartily disagree. The JH13 is cheap relative to the other super-high-end headphones with which it can compete sonically:

HE90: $6000+amp/transformer
Qualia: $3000+
R10: $6000+
L3000: $3500+
Omega II: $2000+amp/transformer

and so on...

From a different perspective, there is certainly nothing out there better than the JH13 at $1k.

While $1k is not cheap in an absolute sense, it is cheap for the level of performance the JH13 provides (let alone the custom-fit). It saved me about $3k over the headphone I used to own, sounds better, and is more comfortable to boot. If that's not a deal, I don't know what is!

The JH13 competes in this league?!?! Really? I mean, that's like the uber-high end of the headphone world, past and present (Omega II's?). Or would that be past and past?

Statements like this make me really...and I do mean REALLY skeptical. It's one of those, "If it sounds too good to be true..." moments where I ask, "What's the catch?"

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #2,932 of 10,743
And I find it utterly ignorant to judge a person on when he joins a forum. And if you read further into some people's statements...

Nevermind. Everyone's ears are at different levels. Some may never reach it.

Anyway JH13s seem to be catching on in Singapore... We had demos come in and JH13s were definitely stunning to everyone. Nothing had ever come close. And these were DEMO units, with the highs peak and the not so great seal and you don't exactly get the full sound.

I think that it's plain to see, that not only the people who go to shows, know and believe that the JH13s are quite plainly the best in terms of quality. (No talk about subjective things like "musicality")

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #2,934 of 10,743
Oh my.

Sorry I missed out who you were talking about. It was Music_4321, not ok_computer. Sorry for the mix up. As your post came right after ok_computer's. My bad. I would agree with you on that part about Music_4321.

The second part of my comments in my previous post was talking about him. His ears not hearing the difference mean that others don't. It takes a lot just to sit there reading such arrogance.

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #2,936 of 10,743
Well I added Silclear to it too. (TWEAK WARNING)

Haha so now I have such clarity and separation I never dreamed of before I had JH13 + new crystal cables + silclear.

Jaw dropping. The speed that these things take it to with my Predator is AMAZING. The rimshots really sound alive and kicking, the peaks are just amazing.

I compared JH13 demo to JH11 demo, could right away hear a dip in amount of details. It's quite obvious it's the JH13, with the help of the extra juice. =)

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #2,937 of 10,743
hockeyb213, it's reassuring knowing that you are sixteen. I'll probably end up with the 13 pros when I turn sixteen as well. Did you ask them about the possibility of remolds?

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #2,939 of 10,743
Awesome. These just moved back up to the top of the list of things to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back